All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Slingfront in windowed mode

Thanks for making a great alternative to the Slingbox player. I was wondering if there's a setting to change this from full screen mode to windowed mode. I need to be able to see behind the screen for other activity on my screen. If there is a way to switch to windowed mode I guess I didn't see it. If this feature is not available May I suggest you add it? Thank you.

The problem is that even if there was a setting to open it in a window the code that detects key presses and (possibly) mouse input would take over from any other running apps due to the way it has been written.

Essentially it hasn't really been designed for anything other than full screen.

It's possible but to be honest SlingFront is meant as a full screen/TV user interface - you'd be better off with the official desktop or browser players if you need it to run in a window but at a guess you're fed up with the ads?