All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Reactor

Han, maybe you already know this (but I didn't the first 20 times I played this game) you can hug the flashing reactor in the middle while blasting the baddies into the walls. You should be able to get about 10,000 points minimum by the time you get to the vortex level.

And I'm not cool with being in second place just yet (until those jerks who beat us at everything show up) ;)

And I swear to you all, I was horrible at this game before this competition. My top score was around 12,000.

post-25878-0-87315500-1429718576_thumb.p

• Like 2

Han, maybe you already know this (but I didn't the first 20 times I played this game) you can hug the flashing reactor in the middle while blasting the baddies into the walls. You should be able to get about 10,000 points minimum by the time you get to the vortex level.

And I'm not cool with being in second place just yet (until those jerks who beat us at everything show up) ;)

And I swear to you all, I was horrible at this game before this competition. My top score was around 12,000.

Thanks for the gameplay hint :) ....Nice battle between you and garetmax btw B)B)

I'll try to join you guys but using my mouse I'm not sure if I'm able to beat my personal best of 22K.

Edit: a pretty good idea to use this as a trackball ! Thanks murve ! Haven't thought of that before :huh: . Is this working well for games which require a trackball ?

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

It allows for more precise movements than a mouse, but you sadly can't wail on it like an Arcade version of Missile Command or Crystal Castles. Wailing on it makes the cursor spaz out in the middle. If you're playing with it you'll most likely have your hand on the ball at all times.

So it's still nothing like the arcade experience, but it's certainly a step-up from a mouse.

• Like 1

It allows for more precise movements than a mouse, but you sadly can't wail on it like an Arcade version of Missile Command or Crystal Castles. Wailing on it makes the cursor spaz out in the middle. If you're playing with it you'll most likely have your hand on the ball at all times.

So it's still nothing like the arcade experience, but it's certainly a step-up from a mouse.

Thanks for the info :)

For my understanding...

So, if you scroll an Arcade trackball to the left or right the player's cursor / object won't jump back to the middle if you let go off the trackball but remains in the same position ? Is this correct ?

Thanks for the info :)

For my understanding...

So, if you scroll an Arcade trackball to the left or right the player's cursor / object won't jump back to the middle if you let go off the trackball but remains in the same position ? Is this correct ?

Yeah, it won't bounce back. It's just like one of those ball-mice except smooth and light-based. I don't know how the Arcade Trackballs work, but they don't bounce back either. I think only flight sticks and steering wheels have auto-center.

• Like 1

I'm hoping to play the next couple nights to get a better score and pass murve. I see a couple of the arcade pros are coming up on my score quickly though.

I haven't played in a week as I've been extremely busy at work and home but I'm going to set some time aside and hopefully rack up a big score.

Maybe if I don't blink I'll get to 60k.

• Like 1

Cripes!

This run killed the battery on my mouse.

ExedExes - 47,477

Time for a new mouse! I use a wired mouse.. was sick of taking the batteries out to recharge them lol.

Oh so close to the 50K club.

I love trapping those friggin balls in the chambers. You will get tempted to view the insanely rapid advance on your bonus score, but its best you dont take your eye off the ball. Getting free decoys really helps, too.

I think this is partly why my score is so low. I couldn't figure out HOW to get them in the chambers. I tried to lure them with the decoys but I usually died instantly. I'm definitely going to have to try this again some time to at least post a legitimate score.

Updated all scores... OP, DB, RSS

Cripes!

This run killed the battery on my mouse.

ExedExes - 47,477

Oh so close to the 50K club.

I love trapping those friggin balls in the chambers. You will get tempted to view the insanely rapid advance on your bonus score, but its best you dont take your eye off the ball. Getting free decoys really helps, too.

Both close to beating 50K and join murve33 and garetmax !!

I'll keep in mind to try and trap the balls in the chamber :)

I'm hoping to play the next couple nights to get a better score and pass murve. I see a couple of the arcade pros are coming up on my score quickly though.

I haven't played in a week as I've been extremely busy at work and home but I'm going to set some time aside and hopefully rack up a big score.

Maybe if I don't blink I'll get to 60k.

I'm sure you'll be able to keep up with the arcade pros ;) Good luck Garetmax :)

Updated LB

I've got a new score.

I took me a couple hours tonight to get it and I really thought I was going to get that 60K on that game but I completely chocked at the end.

Looks like I'm back on top Murve. I don't like 2nd either. :)

post-8007-0-51088200-1430271373_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I did it and broke 60K. Woohoo!

I don't know how much more I can get. That was intense...

That 2nd one down was a great game also until I chocked badly at about 53-54K and lost like 3 lives really quickly. After that I thought I was done for the night but decided to try again. The 1st couple games I died at low levels and stupidly so restarted before finishing before finally getting that 63K game. I do like this game but it can be pretty frustrating at times when dying.

post-8007-0-37581300-1430358152_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I have broken 70k. I finally achieved the goal I set of losing no lives on level 1 and getting 6 decoys. My biggest regret is using them on the weak particles vs. the strong ones (on the vortex stage).

They're such a gamble, you can try to save them for the larger particles for a huge score, but if you don't use them on weak foes you risk dying due to not racking up bonus lives.

I still haven't beaten level 2. Apparently level 3 is just level 1 with higher difficulty (aka, easier than level 2).

This game is now one of my favorite arcade titles. Thank you garetmax for pushing me to my limits as well. I wish you good luck in beating this score by tomorrow. I'll definitely be practicing some more after work.

post-25878-0-51831500-1430362068_thumb.p

• Like 1

Wow - that's an awesome score Murve - great job! :cheers:

I haven't been past level 2 either, but from the web description, level 3 is like level 1 but the outer walls are invisible.

I've been pushing myself also to be on top with our duel thanks to you.

I'm not sure if I can beat that one you've got now but I'm going to try. I'll be playing tonight after work to see if I can do it. You might want to increase your high score even higher as I'll be going for it.

Thanks for the great competition.

• Like 2

And here's my new high score from tonight...

I'm on top again!

100Kkjdflsdkjf...

Oh wait, I haven't played yet and am just starting to gear up for my battle with the Reactor.

This was just a little teaser for you Murve so you'd look and see if I broke your score - hehe. :cheers:

• Like 2

It worked! And you made my heart stop too! I was just about to play my last few rounds for the night as well.

Also, what kind of trackball are you using?

• Like 1

I absolutely can not get any higher than this for today.

I keep getting insane runs with 7 decoys, but then start making horrible mistakes. I've gotten to the last level of zone 2 several times, but I just can't hack it. I guess this is my final entry for the month, but I'm sure I'll continue to play it next month.

post-25878-0-94936300-1430446290_thumb.p

• Like 1