All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Reactor

Reactor
Reactor Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 murve33 74,485 murve33's Hi-Score Entry
2 garetmax 64,016 garetmax's Hi-Score Entry
3 Mame Offender 49,968 Mame Offender's Hi-Score Entry
4 ExedExes 47,477 ExedExes's Hi-Score Entry
5 GimmeClassics 22,223 GimmeClassics's Hi-Score Entry
6 Floyd Turbo 13,047
7 Luigimaker 11,894 Luigimaker's Hi-Score Entry
8 wolfman24 6,795 wolfman24's Hi-Score Entry
Last Updated by hansolo77: 09-12-2019

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for Reactor:

ROMSet: Reactor
Sound with Logos: On
Bounce Chambers Points: 15
Free Play: Off
Sound With Instructions: On
Cabinet: Upright
Bonus Life: 15000
Service Mode: Off
Special Rules: None

The green coloured default values match the Twin Galaxies settings.
The red coloured values need to be changed!

NOTE:* make sure to enable mouse input if you don't have a trackball and want to play this game using your mouse.
When you use a GUI based Mame version > rightclick rom > properties > controllers > check "Enable mouse input"

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide: :link:
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide: :link:
# general rules for submitting you hi-score: :link:

• Like 1

We introduce April's second Bonus game - Reactor !

Use your ship to deflect enemy particles into the Reactor wall... We thought this would be a nice addition to our current selection of games :)

Have fun !!

~ HS Team

One word.

YES

I approve of this!

Not only did I vote for it last month, I've got years of experience with this, thanks to the Atari 2600 version. The original is a whole different beast.

ExedExes - 40,084

post-25936-0-21700100-1428118116_thumb.p

• Like 1

One word.

YES

I approve of this!

Not only did I vote for it last month, I've got years of experience with this, thanks to the Atari 2600 version. The original is a whole different beast.

ExedExes - 40,084

I'm glad you like this game :)

I played it for the first time when I saw Murve33 suggesting this game for our monthly poll and I immediately liked it. It's a unique game and a nice addition to our competition B)

Very nice score btw !

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• Like 1

Here's my first submission :)

initials: DEN

post-10451-0-82427800-1428164338_thumb.j

NOTE: make sure to enable mouse input if you don't have a trackball and want to play this game using your mouse.

When you use a GUI based Mame version > rightclick rom > properties > controllers > check "Enable mouse input"

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

I'm digging the bonus games. It's nice having 3 games with radically different play-styles for the month.

I have no score worth posting yet, but I'll get on it!

• Like 2

I kind of like this game.

I think I played this one in an arcade years ago. I see in the Mame notes and on the web that only around 1,000 were made.

I need just a little more to get another life at 30,000. I think I can get there but need some more practice.

STC

Using my trackball.

post-8007-0-26623100-1428789168_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I kind of like this game.

I think I played this one in an arcade years ago. I see in the Mame notes and on the web that only around 1,000 were made.

I need just a little more to get another life at 30,000. I think I can get there but need some more practice.

STC

Using my trackball.

Only around 1,000 cabs around and you've played this one. Pretty special B)

Nice score btw ! I too need some more practice to reclaim my 3rd place ;)

Updated LB

I finally got over the 30K mark. Those Vortex levels are hard.

STC

Edit:

I played a little more and am figuring things out. :)

Now I'm at 40,252

post-8007-0-19963100-1428974713_thumb.jp

Man, work sucks! I get so tired, that when I come home I don't feel like doing anything, least of all play in our competition! :(

Anyway, this score put you into first place! Somebody's sure to take it over, so keep at it!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

So far I've got 34,850.

I'm not understanding the decoys. Sometimes I have 4 of them, use 2, die, and then I have zero. Which really blows since you need them for those vortex levels.

post-25878-0-97322200-1429110578_thumb.p

I finally got over the 30K mark. Those Vortex levels are hard.

STC

Edit:

I played a little more and am figuring things out. :)

Now I'm at 40,252

Our new Reactor Top Player ! Nice score garetmax B)

:ph34r: .... I wonder what you've figured out .... :ph34r:

So far I've got 34,850.

I'm not understanding the decoys. Sometimes I have 4 of them, use 2, die, and then I have zero. Which really blows since you need them for those vortex levels.

Nice score Murve ! I didn't notice you lose all of the decoys when you die...that sucks :blink:

Updated OP, DB, RS, LB

I thought I'd be sitting here for a while. Guess not.

ExedExes - 41,151

I've got another one. :)

I like the fierce competition ! ^_^ Nice battle between the two of you....I'll try to join you guys !

Trackball is a must...

Man, I wish I had a trackball. Playing this game and Centipede is really hard without a trackball :wacko:

Nice improvement MO B)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

While using a trackball makes those one-on-one duels with the big particles a bit more difficult, entering the side chambers and most importantly staying out of the vortex is easier.

The one I'm using is bottom-of-the-line, but it's better than none. Plus, never using a mousepad again is pretty cool. I do all of my computing from an armchair.

post-25878-0-10437300-1429573759_thumb.p

• Like 1

While using a trackball makes those one-on-one duels with the big particles a bit more difficult, entering the side chambers and most importantly staying out of the vortex is easier.

The one I'm using is bottom-of-the-line, but it's better than none. Plus, never using a mousepad again is pretty cool. I do all of my computing from an armchair.

It appears my score was missed. Edit: see original post for screenshot.

It appears my score was missed. Edit: see original post for screenshot.

Sorry, on behalf of Han ;) I just noticed he indeed forgot to add your score to our Boards. It has now been fixed :)

Nice score btw B) ...the first one to break 50K !!

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB