All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

stigzler

JSLogo.png

CPWizBiz is a multi-system game info and controls generator. Use it to display the controls for any game on any system. It also creates dynamic layouts, leveraging media such as images, video, flash, youtube, gifs and scrollers.

More Details and Download Here:

https://magoarcade.org/wp/cpwizbiz/

https://archive.codeplex.com/?p=cpwizbiz

• Like 8

Fek man you kept this quiet! And then here it is!

Wow brah this looks absolutely phenomenal! Exactly what people have been wanting. Your talent has obviously developed immensely since joining our community - very impressive! This guy got some skillz, wut B)

Great work stigzler :cheers:

As I mentioned on BYOAC GameEx Evo will have a built in CP Viewer (and a heap of other CPWizard features) so hopefully we can make this app work with Evo and without the need for CPWizard.

Also I think we really need to start a project like Controls.dat for other systems. I did start a project but the data I was using was in a non-standard format and was quite difficult to convert into something that would be useful to a CP Viewer. If anyone is interested I can have a look for the data files I started on this particular project.

post-367-0-91175700-1428122203_thumb.png

Cheers Headkaze.

CPWizBiz was kinda made as a stop-gap for me -originally just wanted it quite simple when I noticed you could change a file in Data>Labels to 'feed' CPWizard. It kinda mushroomed from there!

When I started it, I only knew batch, Wasn't until I had to learn VB that i recognized other ways of approaching it. Regards the controls.dat idea - if I were designing this again, I'd make it fully in VB with a true database backend. As it stands, game controls sit in an ini file where essentially the foreign keys are in the Section name - that is Game, System, System Controller. E.g. {Time Crisis}{Sony Playstation}{Guncon2}.

Of course, a whole load of standardization issues with this (which seems a foundations issue) - around system names; controller names and controller component names. A bigger animal for another day. Took the system names from GameEx and use the GE System db names for the games.

Anywhoos, all the above may be academic, because I have no idea whether CPWB is even working for people. May be crashing on launch for all I know!

Looking forward to Evo and its new fruits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I get a .NET error when I run CPWizBiz for the first time on Windows 8.1 64bit. I've tried a couple of installs to different paths etc with the same error. CPWizard is working ok by itself, but when I run CPWizBiz it seems to pop up the below error and gets stuck in a loop trying to sort paths etc. Any ideas?

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Steve\Scripts\Projects\CPWizBiz\Code\CPWizBizW\Assets\logo\logo.png
at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename)
at IniRedit.Form1.Draw_Table()
at IniRedit.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
IniRedit
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/CPWizBiz/IniRedit.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 12.0.20806.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34243 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Not a biggie, just interested in trying out your tool :). Log posted below. My CPWizard is installed to C:\CPWizard, CPWizBiz is installed in C:\CPWizBiz and GameEx is in R:\GameEx. I tried manually editing the CPWizBiz.ini with the correct locations on an earlier build test but it seemed to throw out the same .NET error. Cheers

-------------

Start of CPWizBiz Log
Last Run: Thu 07/05/2015 20:42:01.78
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** Setting up constants **
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Loaded defaults from CPWizBiz.ini. Summary:
_defAssetsFolder=C:\
_defAutoAdd=false
_defBGScreen=2
_defCPWBMin=true
_defCPWExe=CPWizard.exe
_defCPWMin=true
_defCPWPath=C:\
_defCPWTimeout=0
_defDBPath=C:\
_defdebug=false
_defEnableSubs=true
_defFE=GameEx
_defGEdbDir=C:\GameEx\DATA\EMULATORS
_defGEDir=C:\GameEx
_deflog=true
_defNoImg=%_defAssetsFolder%\Images\defaults\noimage.png
_defOnTheFlyEdit=true
_defPresAspect=true
_defPresAspectDef=false
_defPromptUser=true
_defRigControl=CPWB-Demo
_defUseBackground=false
_defUseNoImg=true
_defUseSysDb=true
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- Constants set ---
AppPath: [C:\CPWizBiz]
**First Run Detected - going to Setup functions
# Menu - Edit CPWB Defaults

CPWizBiz.ini

Thanks Stigzler, I now get past the config screen and then select "Save + Back" (this minimizes the windows to the taskbar on my rig, not sure if that is by design?).

The setup then continues on past keycodes and joystick setup, then I get another .NET error (it displays the xx-dummy-xx screen shortly after the error)

I've attached the new log and error txt.

CPWizBiz.zip

Error.txt

Thanks Artemis. There is a setting in the defaults where you can set CPWB to start minimised so it could be that - is it minimising during the setup process, or just when you boot CPWB after setup?

Will take a look at the .net error - same issue as last time so will re-visit.

Lastly - despite the above - is it running for you after the above or does it crash at some point?

Could you do me a favor? Keep the zip of the install just to 'check from fresh.'

Also, re-unzip this and replace attached file before running - wondering whether this may help.

It's looking like it's got something to do with the 'use background' feature in the defaults settings - try changing this to false/true + selecting a background from your PC to see if that helps with these errors.

Thanks for the feedback - really helpful in getting this into a useable state for others.

CPWizBiz.ini

• Like 1

Thanks for the hardwork. Just checked with the new INI and a clean install. I still get the .NET error (with false on the use background) but if I click continue I seem to be able to get into the configuration screens loaded with the dummy rig. It throws up the CPWB-Demo-CP.png error if I restart CPWizBiz each time until I change the background to one of mine, after that I seem to be ok in the program. I'll follow the guide you have on your site and try to import one of my CPWizard setups later on today and let you know.

Nice one Artemis and just finished addressing all the bugs you've helpfully reported. All packed into new version 0f 0.6.5 (heh - I've really got no idea what i'm doing with release version and everyfin - but that looks like what people do - give them numbers and stuff!).

Do let me know how you find it. I'm thinking that it might be quite confusing to use - an unfortunate drawback of being an amateur coder - get it doing something first then realise that the end-user side may feel a little cobbled together!

I think once you get the hang of designing and importing rigs, the rest should be OK. It really is the rig bit that takes a bit of mastery. I'd say just play around with the demo rig to also get the hang of editing from CPWizard in addition to doing so from CPWizBiz. Careful when using the "View" button under rigs - don't edit or save from this as ends up in misaligned text.

Good luck, chap and just holler if anything else needed. btw - what system specs you running? I'd be interested in any speed/compatibility issues for different setups.

• Like 1

For version number, it's major.minor.patch but I don't follow this convention. It's your app, number it how you like. :)

Also, don't be worried, part of the fun is that everyone's machine is different so your code may function differently depending on the system. Every step is an adventure! :)

• Like 1

You could do away with numbers altogether, or mix and match. I have seen some do 1.1.a for alpha testing, 1.2.b for a beta release, then go into numbers as Adultery noted. It's whatever you want it to be really.

CPWizBiz Release 0.7.2

Some bugfixes + followed Draco's idea to add system info to log.

Also, added "Master/Slave" support. Setup CPWizBiz on your game rig, and a "Slave" installation on a second/third/forth PC. You can then edit setups offline, or edit them "on-the-fly" leaving your main rig running as usual. Also added Refresh hotkey to CPWizBiz to show changes immediately on main rig, All synced via dropbox, which also allows users to share setups (controllers, game controls, controller images etc) if setup in the public folder...

Video below. Crappy quality, but should give the general idea...

• Like 3