All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

stigzler

Cool stuff stigzler, this hobby has really brought out your creative side. First a killer cabinet build, and now a coder :)

Looks really good on your rig too! I was browsing your build thread, and could have missed it, but what type of monitor is the mini the CPWizBiz is being displayed on?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CPWizBiz V0.8.0.0 Released

Totally overhauled installer. Now:

- Guides through the Master/Slave installation
- Accommodates re-install ontop of existing installations
- Auto-downloads CPWizard + sets it up.
Tootips added to Admin interface.
Added facility to delete game setups and edit game names
** Added Assets dowloader - keeps all imgaes up to date from server **
** Added Controllers and Game Controls downloader - download other user's setups - save yourself a job**
Above resulting in much smaller download.
Added some view tools for the datagrids
Added Change GUI font size/style (for old man eyes like mine)
Total reshuffle of layout
oh and....
** MARQUEE EDITOR!!! **
- Autogenerate Marquees from image paths
- Add images, animation (flash or gif), vidoes (local or youtube link) + scroller texts to a custom marquee
- Flashy text generator - makes styalized text from game name.
- In-app image searcher to find logos, backgrounds, fanart etc
- In-app game info searcher
- Video Intros before marquee display (e.g. for console boots)
Loads of other stuff...
Get here:

https://cpwizbiz.codeplex.com/releases/view/617911

• Like 3

Hmm.. I'm stumped.

Trying to do a Master install. I eventually end up on a "IniRedit - No Corresponding IRE" window full of cryptic variables where it appears I'm supposed to be doing something with a RecordRaw.ini file.

This message is at the top: "There is no corresponding IRE file. Therefore, ini loaded with full edit capabilities. If you want to create an IRE file to control editing of this ini file and change layouts/colours etc, click the button below." ..but I'm not sure which button I'm supposed to be pressing.

Attempting to hit the Make IRE button takes me to a save dialog box where any filename I pick results in a "File Not Found" error on the *,irt filename I choose. If I cancel out of this, my only option is to close the IniRedit window, which then gives me a "The default CPWizBiz Database path appears to be wrong. Taking back to default settings" error. A window pops up, I click Next, and I'm back in the IniRedit window I started in.

I tried to create the C:\CPWizBiz 0.8.0.0\db and C:\CPWizBiz 0.8.0.0\Assets folders, but no luck getting out of this loop.

Puzzling. Please post the logs from the logs folder. Also, is this happening during the initial install? Lastly you say youre trying to create those folders. Did you elect to instal them to dropbox or somewhere else? If not, they should be there, no need to create.

Logs attached...

Trying to do a fresh install, with everything running locally on my PC. No CPWizard installed, so I let it download it for me. No Dropbox. No Master/Slave. Just everything on one PC.

I did try running CPWBAdmin a couple times also, but it just closes with "No parameters passed. Closing."

Those /db and /Assets folders were the ones appearing in the IniRedit window, and were never created by the installer. I figured since it kept giving me wrong folder errors that creating them might help.

Logs.zip

OK.. I think I found my issue. During the install, when it asked me where the db/Assets folders were, I guess I needed to pick "Leave them where they are". Choosing "pick a location" and picking the CPWB folder apparently resulted in them not being there.

So, time to dig into the configuration..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I tried unzipping the files today to give it a whirl. Windows Defender won't allow CPWizBiz.exe to be copied over. It quarantines it immediately. Here is the link to the Microsoft page that comes up to explain what it thinks the executable is.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/entry.aspx?name=Trojan%3aWin32%2fPeals.E!plock&threatid=2147691763&enterprise=0

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit for reference. Defender is updated daily.

You think he's respected? Lol!

J/k. :)

I'm sure it's a false positive due to a script your using to hook the system, since by my research only Windows Defender identifies as a virus. Assuming you're pulling done system data or something via AHK or something if that nature.

I was never under that illusion, Adultery! However, I will have an ounce of whatever Kustom's having...

I use an app to compile a bat to an exe - so need to check it's not that. The batch does pull some system data (like processor, memory etc) - is this what you're meaning, A? It's such a Frankenstein, it's hard to second guess till i have a look when i get home.

Update 0.8.1.0

Amalgamated Patches
Fixed compiled BATs throwing Windows Defender warnings (false +ves)
Other tweaks and bug fixes (Windows 10 stuff)

I've probably fatally changed the status to "Stable." :) 

A moment of celebration as it's taken 18 months alongside dev of other supporting apps to get this up and running. Now finally realised my controls, gameinfo and marquee display goodness. :)

Shame I don't play games really. :/

From the usual place:

https://cpwizbiz.codeplex.com/

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Update 0.8.2.0

Fixed installer bug - DropBox no longer putting certain file in appdata - now prompts user for manual choosing of dropbox folder in absence of auto. Also, moved Assets + db delete until end of install in case of bail half way through.

I knew that 'stable' thing would get me in trouble!

• 1 month later...

Update 0.8.5.0

Planning to update MarqueeMasher to populate two additional displays at once, so CPWizBiz update which can snap controls once generated so they can show automagically in GameEx on browse, gameinfo, launch etc...

Killed brackets bug

Added Auto CPWizard screen grab (puts into Ext_OpCard1 folder if setup for system)
Some updates to the image previewer - resize and fit image

• Like 1

• 2 months later...