All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Attract Mode not restarting after table play

RustyCardores

Hello,

I have run out of ideas as to why Attract Mode will not restart after a table has been opened. It works perfectly when PinballX first starts.

I have installed the most recent PinballX update.

I have reduced my databases to just 1 VP 9.9.0 (I generally run 1 for VP9.9.0, 1 for VP PhysMOD5 and 1 for mameuifx32)

I have reduced that 1 VP database to just two table entries to test.

I have deleted all media. (Had never run table/backglass vids)

All in the hope of isolating the problem, but these have had no effect. I have set and reset Attract Mode in the Wizard, but no effect. It works perfectly when PinballX first starts, but is never to be seen again after a table is played.

Attached are the .ini and log files.

I hope you can help a noob.

Cheers

Rusty

EDIT: Ok it's not just after table play. Attract mode won't even restart after scrolling the PinballX table menu.

EDIT 2: After reading threads about videos & naming issues causing problems, I have turned off 'File Matching' and ensured that all media files are named correctly and display OK. Sadly, the restart problem still exists.

PinballX.ini

log.txt

OK... this has officially driven me insane. :(

Nothing I do helps. I can only find one other case of this exact issue on the web and his resolution was to go back to Hyperpin. I don't plan to do that, as I hate being beaten, so will soldier on from the mental asylum.

If anyone by chance has a suggestion for me, please contact me at 1800GONEBONKERS ;)

I can't give you a solution but it is most likely "input" related. So check your keyboards, mice, controllers etc.

Hi Tom,

I had thought that. I run an iPac2 for control, so I disconnected my MAME control panel (thinking there could be an erroneous input from the joystick) but did not go as far as disconnecting the iPac2 completely.

I have now disconnected the iPac2 and tested with just a keyboard and it WORKS!! So as you suggest, there seems to be an input issue, rather than a software issue.

All pincab buttons function perfectly when the iPac2 is connected, so it looks to be a problem on the ipac2 board itself. I will remove, inspect and remap the board. If that doesn't solve the issue I will return the board for exchange.

Many thanks for your help and for saving what little hair I have left. Please keep up the good work with PBX, it's a fantastic front end.

Cheers, Rusty.

Hi again Tom,

SUCCESS!!! Turns out I have dodgy mercury switch on nudge.

Even when it's not parsing a connection for the table to nudge, it is parsing enough of a connection for PBX to register an input.

Thanks for your "nudge" in the right direction. ;) I will head off now and purchase a new switch.

This thread can be marked as resolved.

Cheers, Rusty.

• Like 1