All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PLUGIN] Xpadder Plugin

Adultery

Honestly I would be more motivated if I could just get the map file that Tom generates for GAMEBASE, the GameEx.ini and any other ini files that get crafted, and if someone with more than one system set up could provide that I can test without all the extra labor. I just haven't got the time and I probably won't actually use it on my machine. ;)

Updated to 1.1.4!

• Added GameBase per-game support for all your GameBase emulators
  • New logo which when clicked brings you to the release thread here at GameEx:
    post-680-0-58429300-1385431807_thumb.png

I'm done messing with this for a while. Every goal I have set for this has been met. Obviously I'll be around for bug fixes though!

HUGE THANKS to Tom for all his help with GameBase support... Couldn't have done it without your insider knowledge my man! You make GameEx what it is today, and without you none of us would be here. :)

Thanks again everyone. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Try removing me from your contacts and adding me back in. I have checked both my PC at work and at home and cannot even connect to you via Google chat or circles, and you are the only one. Everyone else is not a problem.

Okay I lied, one more... I figured I might as well take it all the way and add support for GameEx Arcade as well. There was also a bug in MAME per-game settings, which has been fixed...

Updated to 1.1.5!

• Added GameEx Arcade per-game support for all GameEx Arcade games
  • Fixed a bug where I was looking at the ROM name instead of the GAME name in MAME, which has been fixed
    This is only an issue if you used MAME per-game settings

...and that's it. I promise. :)

Happy Thanksgiving all!
728995kpix6qf6e8.gif

• Like 1

Probably the last update to this plugin for a while, I really couldn't ask for more from this the way it sits now.

Updated to 1.1.6

• Added option to load blank Xpadder profiles instead of closing Xpadder
    This will remove the issue where Windows plays an error sound upon closing Xpadder in some settings
  • Big XML overhaul
    • The individual game XMLs have been merged with the settings.xml, making loading faster and more efficient
    • If you update the plugin, the conversion will happen automatically before the plugin is initialized
    • NOTE: If you update the plugin, you will lose compatibility with any previous versions. Soon this will not be an issue as it will be included with GameEx, unless Tom forgets to add it to the next build

The XML recode is obviously the big deal here, it was more efficient to use one centralized XML than to load a new one for every emulator. The conversion takes only a second, and all the old files are deleted upon completion. There are no bugs in this version that I can see, so that shouldn't be an issue for anyone.
Using blank profiles in place of closing Xpadder removes the annoying Windows error sound that sometimes plays over my cabinet when Xpadder is closed, which was really more of an annoyance than a problem... The less I can be reminded that my cabinet is really a Windows machine the better. It kind of takes the magic out of the experience. Well, for me anyway. :)

The blank profile is created programatically when it's not located in the plugin's folder, so the user doesn't have to do anything special to enable this feature aside from checking the appropriate box.

Thanks again for using it, and have a happy holiday season everyone! :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to 1.1.8:

• Fixed a critical bug where emulator list was not being populated if GameBase was not installed

That was my bad. You need this if you don't use GameBase and you want to configure the plugin. My apologies! I also want to give a shout out to GameEx member Scott Petty for the bug report and testing the fix. Kudos! Thanks for keeping my plugins working!

Get it from the first post or use the downloader software, which now includes beta versions as well if you want to be on the "bleeding edge" of development. :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

hey.

I have just installed 1.1.8 (before that i was on 1.0.9) and now everytime i start gameex, xpadder just shuts down and i dont know why :( what can i do?

edit: found the problem.. I didn't had a profile selected for the gameex interface (cause I didn't need any)

but now everytime I start an emulator where I don't have the plugin configurated, xpadder quits and starts again when I return to the interface. I don't want that! I want xpadder to run all the time, isn't that possible somehow? :-\

Sure, just check the use blank profiles option on the config screen, or set the interface to a blank profile. :-)

But I don't wanna use any blank profiles!

My config is the following:

I have a Xbox 360 pad and 2 ps2 pads connected

The x360 pad is pad 1, the 2 ps2 pads are 2 and 3

When I start my computer and xpadder starts, Xpadder loads the profiles: Xboxpad windows control, PS2 Pad player 1 and PS2 Pad player 2

I've configured the plugin, so that when I start specific games (for example: street fighter 4) xpadder shall load a specific profile for the xbox pad, but leave the ps2 pads alone!

But I can't manage to to that, because when I open an emulator like SNES emulator, I need the xpadder profiles player 1 and player 2, I can't use blank profiles! But I'f I don't select any profiles in the plug in, xpadder just quits :(

sorry for the bad english, hope you understand what I mean

Okay so you want me to add an option where xpadder does nothing instead of closing? I really have no idea what your expectations are here, or its not making sense to me.

Maybe if you upload a copy of your plugin settings I can make sense of it.

Yeah, I want an option like: if no profiles are set, don't shut down xpadder, just leave it as it is ;)"

is that possible? if you need anything, like xpadder logs or so, please let me know :)

xpadder worked fine for me with 1.0.9 but right now I can't use it at all :(

if you want, I can also try to explain you my problems with xpadder via teamviewer or skype

Yeah there was a bug before, that's why it used to work (your needs are outside of the intended purpose, and unfortunately I address that issue in an update). I'll add it in, but I'm busy tonight putting together an electro house mix for a party next week. If I break though I'll pop that feature in and shoot you a beta. :-)

Yeah, I want an option like: if no profiles are set, don't shut down xpadder, just leave it as it is ;)"

is that possible? if you need anything, like xpadder logs or so, please let me know :)

xpadder worked fine for me with 1.0.9 but right now I can't use it at all :(

if you want, I can also try to explain you my problems with xpadder via teamviewer or skype

Thanks for the patience, friend. I went ahead and added this feature to the new version. Just check the box "Don't change state on game exit" and you should be all set. My internet sucks at work, so until I can update the portal, you can download it from the Plugin Downloader software, or get it from here.

Version 1.1.9 Released!

• Added option not to change Xpadder state when game exits
  • Added a label displaying your current version of Xpadder and your host ID