All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PLUGIN] Xpadder Plugin

Adultery

• 3 months later...

I'm not sure how I can specify which game is running based on the data GameEx sends me via plugin.

1.0.7 is out!

This version adds Steam support to the plugin. Unfortunately you can't specify controls for a specific game yet... I suppose I need to buy a Steam game to see what happens when you run one, but can't afford it right now. :)

It'll get there. :D

1.0.7 is out!

This version adds Steam support to the plugin. Unfortunately you can't specify controls for a specific game yet... I suppose I need to buy a Steam game to see what happens when you run one, but can't afford it right now. :)

It'll get there. :D

Thanks!

BTW, there's a bunch of free games on Steam you can use (http://store.steampowered.com/genre/Free%20to%20Play/)

No, the previous XML method was really a mess so I re-wrote it entirely.

The big deal for me was loading the XML into memory instead of load/parse setting/unload/load/parse setting/unload as I was doing before (which was incredibly not efficient). I also got a bit creative for the emu/game specific XML, checking the file and only loading/unloading it if you selected a different emulator. I also added a new node to facilitate the new Plugin Updater app I'm going to start working on soon (No offense to Tom but he doesn't move quick enough to keep up with me). :)

It really was more a matter of efficiency and quality of service as opposed to the quick and dirty way I was doing things before. ;)

I mean yeah, the old way worked, but it was not the way I would have written it now if I was redoing it.

I also forgot to mention I added ROM specific settings for MAME (there was a bug due to the fact I wasn't using multiple paths for the ROMs although MAME supports this when used in GameEx), and ironed out a couple bugs I happened to notice. I also did some serious work on the profile parser.

I think that about covers it!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I haven't used the plugin and I can't check it out right now, but I would think that there should be a way to load a profile while in GameEX, or revert to a default profile when not running an emulator. If not, then it would make a great feature request.

or revert to a default profile when not running an emulator. If not, then it would make a great feature request.

that would be awesome!! Because I'm still using the "run after" commands to revert to a default profile

Absolutely love this plugin, been using it for a long time - it really makes integrating Xpadder with GameEx a breeze.

I have a feature request that's probably out of the scope of this plugin, but it can't hurt to ask. Would it be possible to add multiple controller support based on the hardware ID? The idea is to allow the user to assign different Xpadder profiles to different controller types through a dropdown menu (for example - Default-P1, Xbox360Controller-P1, ArcadeStick-P1, etc). The proposed feature is best limited to just Player 1 IMO because of how Xpadder loads multiple controllers.

This plugin is great! But I don't like is that Xpadder quits a few seconds after i've quitted Gameex :( I'd like to keep xpadder running, because I still need it after I shut down gameex

Your wish is my command!

Version 1.0.9 Is Out!!

• Added option to leave Xpadder running when GameEx closes
  • Like 2

Thanks everyone!

I have a Game Info update coming soon too, so watch out for that bugger. You guys are always with me even if I'm not here per se. :)

• 2 months later...

Hi there Adultery, Sir,

May i bother you with something? :D With the recent wave of GameBase threads i got an itch and decided to reinstall GB64 and got all excited as the last time i had it running we didn't have your awseomesauce plugin of an XPadder nature :P I was all like "yes! map all teh possible keys on all teh possible sets so can run C64 with no kb! woowoo" but then i loaded the plugin and doh! No gamebase support :teardrop:

I know you're on some sort of rampaging release frenzy atm (good job btw! :o ) but when the dust has settled, would it be possible for you to take a peek at adding GB support? Of course i'll take no offence if you tell me to "politely fly away" :lol:

Someone would have to help me set it up so I can see how it works. In all honesty it's one of those setups that seems intimidating to me.

If I could find an easy way to get it running then yes I would be glad to add support for it. :)

Hi Adultery, I'm certainly not an expert on Gamebase implementation but I did manage to get Gamebase 64 and Gamebase Amiga working well within Gameex last night. Tonight I'm happy to post a summary of my install steps, if that helps. Gamebase looks somewhat intimidating but it's pretty straightforward. Part of the problem is that I don't feel like the install and usage has been documented very well in one place.