All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PLUGIN] Xpadder Plugin

Adultery

My apologies, there was a bug where I was looking for the settings.xml before the XML was loaded which was preventing GameEx from initializing the plugin. Please download 1.3.4 to contine using it. Thanks!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Update to 1.3.5:

I noticed the focus wasn't properly being restored for some emulators after Xpadder wasn't running, and in some cases it was taking a few seconds (which showed the desktop also). This fixes that - the focus is restored to GameEx immediately and the desktop is not seen at all. Please let me know if the focus is not being restored for everyone as I spent some time rewiring this whole function (although I'm quite happy with how it came out).

Get it from the usual places.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Great plug in :) Unfortunately it stopped working for me after I updated it to version 1.3.5 (I previously used 1.3.1). GameEx doesn't seem to load it although everything is set up properly. If try to change the config it boots up XPADDER as it should when I click on the XPADDER icon inside your plug in. But XPADDER doesn't start when I load a game (with any emulator).

Can you post your log and settings in the GameEx > Plugins > Xpadder folder?

Also please try running it with controller enumeration disabled in the plugin config.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Can you give any information on what disable controller enumeration does? When i manually kill and restart Xpadder (without the plugin), it randomly works either on both or zero ports when i launch it using the "launch also". When i use "launch before" Xpadder recognizes both controllers with seperate profiles, but both ports are always assigned to player1.

Changing the "show desktop" option also seems to influence the working of Xpadder on some emulator. Do you know why? i am using a proper waiting loop inside my batch script to wait until PSLIST xpadder throws an errorlevel 1 so its safe to execute the Xpadder application without having two open.

None of these things should be happening, or at least no one has ever reported behavior like this. I've been issuing it for areally long time and never see anything remotely like what you're reporting. You should also not need to manually kill Xpadder, it closes cleanly after the emulator closes unless you have a setting wrong or there's some weird permission issue.

The enumeration counts the number of connected controllers and launches profiles based on that. It doesn't work for everyone though, so it's hit or miss.

I don't understand the part about the batch file, the plugin does all this internally abs you shouldn't need to do that. But based on the other behavior you're describing, I think you have deeper issues.

Can you post your configuration file?

hi. i have a little question. in my cabinet i have all buttons collegated with ipac.. is it useful to use xpadder (so configure keyboard as a pad) instead of using direct keyboard controls?  i am asking before modify all emulators with xpadder. thanks

Xpadder is for mapping keystrokes to joysticks. Ipac uses keystrokes, so it won't work.

I reconfigured the whole thing and got the following results:

GameEx initialized well and got both controllers working in menu :)

Xpadder throws an exception when game is launched. The controllers work fine during gameplay, but as can be read from log, the Xpadder plugin is disabled and no longer switches profiles.

Any idea what could be causing this exception to happen?

(PS: controller enumeration is on, Xpadder uses Xinput, no autoloading profiles, GameEx looks for activity on gamepad (no config), DEP is off)

log.txt

xpadder.log

settings.xml

EDIT: Thanks, i got it working using my own scripts, applying your dont taskkill advice. I think my computer is being weird! Player 1 is now always controlling player 2, i have to reinsert the controller everytime i launch a new system to correct the mapping and then it works. It also did something weird where it would switch the joys around, so on a single player emulator, i have to set player 2 to a blank profile or else player2 will become player 1 with menu mapping :) If you need me to recreate error for development purposes let me know ;)

Big ole update. FIxed some bugs, did quite an overhaul of the code, hooked it into your GameEx account, and just made it a little tiny bit better. Enjoy!

1-3-6.png.8b7bff9e46e522fdf95329bbd2cea6

Updated to 1.3.7:

• Updated .NET Framework to 3.5
  • Updated for compatibility with both x64 or x32 GameEx versions
  • Updated plugin framework to latest version
  • Minor stability enhancements and code optimizations

Updated to 1.3.8:

• Added a new feature to set profiles for specific games inside archives
    • The Zip/7zip/GoodMerge/RAR setting must be enabled for the emulator to leverage this feature!
      image.png
    • Click the icon next to the dropdown to open the "Extracted Game" option:
      image.png
    • A popup will open to set up to 8 profiles for each individual ROM in the archive, similar to how flat "games" work.
    • Set your profiles and save, just like a "regular" game.
  • Fixed a settings bug that I hadn't noticed until now
  • Set the default value for "Diable Controller Enumeration" to "Yes" to remove some of the confusion from new people

Thanks to @Alan Ribas for the bug report! Grab it here:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Good Night Adultery !!
I will report here some of the problems I have been experiencing regarding the use of the xpadder plugin. Maybe you can help me. As I will talk about many things here I will list the problems that I am going through. This will make it easier and less confusing to explain them.

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

1st)  In the Xpadder plug, in the part called "advanced game options". When we are going to choose a specific game for a specific configuration, if the game is an arcade game, the names that appear are from their respective files (those confusing arcade game names). Would it be possible to make the xpadder plug-in read the address of the .map file so that in the options of the xpadder plugin it appears not the names of the games but the names contained in the .map file?

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

2st) I realized that over time using gameex, at least five times I had to reconfigure the xpadder plugin because it lost the settings. I can't say if this was due to a front-end update, I honestly don't know, when I realized it was already changed.

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

3st) The button "enable automatic backups". Whenever I click on this option, an error warning appears and asks if I want to close or remain open. that is, the option does not work.

The fourth and final problem is really something that bothers me and that I have been trying to solve but that I realized is really out of my reach to solve

This problem I reported a long time ago in one of my posts on this forum.
The problem is due to the fact that a driver update for windows 10.
This update caused a kind of incompatibility with the Xpadder program. I reported the fact to the developer. We had numerous conversations and in short he said that it was complicated to resolve such incompatibilities. And that this incompatibility arose when using a front-end (in my case, GameEx).

The problem boils down to the following:

If more than one joystick is connected when the game starts with gameex, all controls, configured by xpadder, do not work.
If only one joystick is connected, it will work.

So, the incompatibility is due to the factors:
Front-end + Multiple joysticks.

Currently when I change games I always need to turn off the joysticks with the exception of one. And after the game starts I turn on the controls again.

This honestly is something that has bothered me a lot. It is not practical.

I did a test here at home:

1º) I turned off all the joysticks and I entered a game where the emulator is configured to open the xpadder.
2º) Once the game started I turned on all the controls at the same time, all of which worked.

I can't say what exactly caused the incompatibility. But I know that the fact that xpadder is activated before the emulator causes the controls to stop responding to the xpadder program.

Knowing this. Something I thought could be done in the plugin would be to add an option so that we choose the time when xpadder should be activated after the game starts. Something similar to the already existing function within gameex that allows us to send commands after an emulator starts running (example: "% {ENTER}").
It could be an option to choose how many seconds after a game starts we want the xpadder program to start.

By doing this the incompatibility could be overcome and I could stop worrying about turning controls on and off every time I switch a game within the gameex.

Could you do this?

Sorry if I wrote so much. I tried to be as objective as possible in my exhibition

thank you very much for your time and I look forward to helping you with these problems that I'm experiencing when using the xpadder plugin.

On 11/21/2018 at 5:09 AM, Adultery said:

Updated to 1.3.8:

• Added a new feature to set profiles for specific games inside archives
    • The Zip/7zip/GoodMerge/RAR setting must be enabled for the emulator to leverage this feature!
      image.png
    • Click the icon next to the dropdown to open the "Extracted Game" option:
      image.png
    • A popup will open to set up to 8 profiles for each individual ROM in the archive, similar to how flat "games" work.
    • Set your profiles and save, just like a "regular" game.
  • Fixed a settings bug that I hadn't noticed until now
  • Set the default value for "Diable Controller Enumeration" to "Yes" to remove some of the confusion from new people

Thanks to @Alan Ribas for the bug report! Grab it here:

Good Night Adultery !!
I will report here some of the problems I have been experiencing regarding the use of the xpadder plugin. Maybe you can help me. As I will talk about many things here I will list the problems that I am going through. This will make it easier and less confusing to explain them.

1st)  In the Xpadder plug, in the part called "advanced game options". When we are going to choose a specific game for a specific configuration, if the game is an arcade game, the names that appear are from their respective files (those confusing arcade game names). Would it be possible to make the xpadder plug-in read the address of the .map file so that in the options of the xpadder plugin it appears not the names of the games but the names contained in the .map file?

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

2st) I realized that over time using gameex, at least five times I had to reconfigure the xpadder plugin because it lost the settings. I can't say if this was due to a front-end update, I honestly don't know, when I realized it was already changed.

3st) The button "enable automatic backups". Whenever I click on this option, an error warning appears and asks if I want to close or remain open. that is, the option does not work.

The fourth and final problem is really something that bothers me and that I have been trying to solve but that I realized is really out of my reach to solve

This problem I reported a long time ago in one of my posts on this forum.
The problem is due to the fact that a driver update for windows 10.
This update caused a kind of incompatibility with the Xpadder program. I reported the fact to the developer. We had numerous conversations and in short he said that it was complicated to resolve such incompatibilities. And that this incompatibility arose when using a front-end (in my case, GameEx).

The problem boils down to the following:

If more than one joystick is connected when the game starts with gameex, all controls, configured by xpadder, do not work.
If only one joystick is connected, it will work.

So, the incompatibility is due to the factors:
Front-end + Multiple joysticks.

Currently when I change games I always need to turn off the joysticks with the exception of one. And after the game starts I turn on the controls again.

This honestly is something that has bothered me a lot. It is not practical.

I did a test here at home:

1º) I turned off all the joysticks and I entered a game where the emulator is configured to open the xpadder.
2º) Once the game started I turned on all the controls at the same time, all of which worked.

I can't say what exactly caused the incompatibility. But I know that the fact that xpadder is activated before the emulator causes the controls to stop responding to the xpadder program.

Knowing this. Something I thought could be done in the plugin would be to add an option so that we choose the time when xpadder should be activated after the game starts. Something similar to the already existing function within gameex that allows us to send commands after an emulator starts running (example: "% {ENTER}").
It could be an option to choose how many seconds after a game starts we want the xpadder program to start.

By doing this the incompatibility could be overcome and I could stop worrying about turning controls on and off every time I switch a game within the gameex.

Could you do this?

Sorry if I wrote so much. I tried to be as objective as possible in my exhibition

thank you very much for your time and I look forward to helping you with these problems that I'm experiencing when using the xpadder plugin.