All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PLUGIN] Xpadder Plugin

Adultery

XPADDER PLUGIN

Current Version: 1.3.8

1-3-6.png.8b7bff9e46e522fdf95329bbd2cea6

What is this thing?

It's an Xpadder plugin for GameEx! ;)
Seamlessly integrate Xpadder with GameEx with just a few simple clicks.
Set the path to your Xpadder.exe, select your emulators from the drop down list, then set up your controller profiles. When GameEx runs the emulator you select, the magic happens in the background. No need to worry about .bat files or messy LaunchBefore/LaunchAfter commands. Say farewell to blank Xpadder profiles!

This plugin handles the launching, the closing, and the profile switching quickly and easily without the hassle. If you use Xpadder, you'll love it!

/end sales pitch

OK, so how do I use it?

It's simple really. Here's the rundown:

• Create your Xpadder profiles, or use your existing ones.
  • Unzip the PLUGINS folder to your GameEx directory.
  • Launch the Plugin Manager from your GameEx start menu folder.
  • Point the plugin at Xpadder.exe
  • Select the emulator (or GameEx interface) from the drop-down list.
  • Browse to your Xpadder profiles.
  • Click "SAVE"
  • Play your games!

OTHER FEATURES:

• Click the "EDIT" button next to your profile to launch Xpadder and change your key mappings on the fly
  • Check the box to leave Xpadder running when GameEx updates
  • Check the box to load blank profiles instead of closing Xpadder while GameEx is running
  • Check the games in subfolders option if you keep your games in subdirectories
  • Set up profiles for each individual game installed, or set the option to disable Xpadder for the game

Wow that's super easy! What if I find a bug?

Report it here! ;)

Any questions? Ask away. Feel free to offer suggestions on how I can make it better. :)

If you have a bug, please upload a copy of both your GameEx log and the plugin log so I can address it in a timely manner.

Download it here:
Download @ GameEx Community Download Portal.

• Like 8

Cool. I really need to get a copy of Xpadder. Also, I need to get a wired Xbox360 controller. Seems to be everybody's favorite. Since I don't have either, and don't really have any major need for it ATM, I can't really offer my help. I will, however, offer my congrats on another fine and useful app creation! Maybe one day I'll find use for it. :)

• Like 1

Actually I prefer a wireless one, but to each their own. :)

Thanks for the kind words Han. :)

I agree! Great idea! Since I moved my office I haven't reconnected my game pads or Tankstick or else I would test it tonight. Maybe I can give it a go this weekend.

Don't forget to update your projects page!

@HK: Thanks, I know I needed one, so I figured I should make one. Well, that and it's easier than explaining it to folks. ;)

@Drac: Well... *big breath* The configuration side was 100%, reading and writing configs no problems, I added the GameEx code today and haven't tested it yet, but it's pretty simple to put together once the XML parsing is done so I don't see any big issues there. Once I release it, I'll update. :)

Unrelated: Anything planned in Plugin system implementations on the horizon? It'd be cool to get the rest of these features (a bunch of things say "not supported" in the plugin template). Not complaining, mind you... I'm sure there's plenty more stuff to play with in there. Just wishing/wondering. :)

It's out. Download it from the first post. Tested and working in all kinds of crazy situations. LOL!

I SHOULD ALSO MENTION that MAME doesn't support DirectInput, so this will not work without modification to MAME.EXE. Mmmkay?

• Like 1

I needed a way to assign specific profiles to specific games, so I added it in. ;)

post-680-0-80266400-1340574157_thumb.png

An update will be forthcoming soon. ;)

Just like celly I’ve been meaning to comment on what a great idea this is. Another homerun for Adultery! I’m definitely going to give this a run through, although with my current work situation it may not happen until sometime in July (at which point it probably won’t need testers).

Thanks Adultery!

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

Just about to release 1.0.2 (just wanna do a bit more testing on small insignificant cosmetic stuff first). It's 100% working and configurable. Then on to the next thing. :)

post-680-0-62685700-1340664208_thumb.png

Thanks again for the kind words everyone. :)

Updated to 1.0.3 - This update isn't mandatory but encouraged(there was an XML bug that wrote the xml_ver node every time you added a game on accident. I included a script to fix it if you save any games for that system in the future). Also the game list sorts alphabetically now (didn't notice I forgot that until I added an emu with ROMs in subfolders).

also added GameEx logging so that errors and whatnot will be written to the GameEx log. More specific data can be found in the xpadder.log if needed for bug squishing. Enjoy!

Updated to 1.0.4 - This will be the last release of this plugin as it's working perfectly and I have done everything I planned on dong to it... If you find a bug please report it before I submit it to Tom for the installer. Thanks for using it. :)

Not like you need to ae any changes to anything. ;)

I haven't had to change the way the plugin works since I added "Game Mode", I just made some changes on the configuration form. I wouldn't release something and then change functionality without writing a block that automates the changes so the product will always work the same.

/side note: Sorry, but since I usually have to do my own testing I don't always catch small stuff right away. :)

When it comes to my projects, it's always best to wait a few days and then try it, I'm a mile a minute! LOL! I promise though, I'm done with it now. This is the "big one".

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It must be beta day! :)

I just uploaded a new beta that closes Xpadder from command line instead of killing it (that should fix the multiple icons in the notification area). I also did a number on the whole process class I was using... There was a speed improvement after all was said and done.

Enjoy! :)

Updated to 1.0.5:

• Fixed a bug with emu names that start with numbers
  • Re-wrote the launch process to speed it up some
  • Possibly a bug or two I forgot about

My bad I didn't realize I forgot to post the changelog, I will add it now. :)

EDIT: Done. :) I almost always post a changelog in the landing post if I forget in the future. :D