All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

I had to post this because how bizarre it is! HAHA! What are the chances?! I'll do better in future of course ;)

This is why Den and i probably agree on everything ^_^

attachicon.gif13032015171829.jpg

EDIT - didn't put my score which should make my exclamations a bit more obvious

Wow, what are the odds!!

Tie score!!

What are the odds indeed :) Crazy score Darren ;)

In case of two players having submitted the same score I suggest we follow the rule below:

"You have to beat a player's hi-score to receive the game position hi-score points. In case of a tie the second player who submits the same score gets 10 points less. The same principle is followed when three or more players have submitted the same score."

I uploaded your score to our Database Manager and it seems the DBM follows this principle. I'll check with Adultery to be sure though :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• Like 1

"You have to beat a player's hi-score to receive the game position hi-score points. In case of a tie the second player who submits the same score gets 10 points less. The same principle is followed when three or more players have submitted the same score."

I uploaded your score to our Database Manager and it seems the DBM follows this principle. I'll check with Adultery to be sure though :)

That's perfectly reasonable to me! :D

Quick little update for me. I don't think it moves me up any but it's better than my last score. Side note... I accidentally hit (I think) F3 and it screwed up my game. When I fixed it, all my scores were lost. So this is a new image with lots of 0 scores. Sorry about that. Least my score is legit.

Score: 163,700

Initials: HAN

post-569-0-61799300-1426785584_thumb.png

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 2

Quick little update for me. I don't think it moves me up any but it's better than my last score. Side note... I accidentally hit (I think) F3 and it screwed up my game. When I fixed it, all my scores were lost. So this is a new image with lots of 0 scores. Sorry about that. Least my score is legit.

Score: 163,700

Initials: HAN

attachicon.gif0001.png

Updated OP, DB, RSS

F3 initiates a clean boot, so your scores will get lost everytime when you do this :) great score tho man - way better than me at this one! :P

fun game, never played this one. now my fingers hurt...

My first game had a score of 7500. my second one reached... 5750... after some more, I managed to score 49700, and so far it's my best try :D

Nice to you see back at our Hi-score competition helpman....you're always welcome :)

....I had the same progress as you ;) Beating the first boss and getting the horse enabled me to boost my score to 64K :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

I had some time to play some games, but this child of mine always screams when I start doing ANYTHING so I have to leave everything to confort him... smart little guy...

I plugged and old coin counter to my arcade machine, and enabled only 20ct of euro coins so I'm using my arcade as a coin bank :D I have lots of coins to play, and I pay everything on the market trying to get as many 20ct coins as possible. More or less, a 20ct euro coin is close to a quarter :D long time to save some cash, but definitely it's the best way :D

• Like 1

...I plugged and old coin counter to my arcade machine, and enabled only 20ct of euro coins so I'm using my arcade as a coin bank :D I have lots of coins to play, and I pay everything on the market trying to get as many 20ct coins as possible. More or less, a 20ct euro coin is close to a quarter :D long time to save some cash, but definitely it's the best way :D

Owning a cabinet with a coin slot....so cool B)B)B)B) Thanks for sharing your story helpman :)

The winner of the Wild West Showdown and March's GOTM ...

Mame Offender - 330,600 points (link)

In a western style shootout he was able to beat ExedExes with his stunning 330K and thereby claiming his 2nd badge of honor ! A well deserved victory B) for one of our top hi-score players ! An honorable mention also goes out to Han's 163K score. Well done !

@ MO: you'll receive your victory banner asap and of course you'll be added to our GOTM Winners thread :)

As for the rest of you, it ain't over yet! Although the GOTM has finished you can still compete for a position on this board and earn Leaderboard points. Our regular boards roll forever. Good luck everyone !

Good luck,

~HS Team

• Like 1

I couldn't do anything with the game last month. I probably *watched* more Gunsmoke (on the MeTV digital subchannel here in the US) than played it.

Either way, M.O. was due for another title any day now, congrats!

• Like 2

I'm terrible at this game so couldn't even submit something as my scores were really bad.

Here's a couple pictures I took when I was at Galloping Ghost Arcade in Chicago a couple weeks ago and played this game there.

What's interesting to me is that I'm actually better at this game on my arcade with using 3 buttons side by side as opposed to the real arcade. The real arcade has an upside down pyramid button layout that I found to be extremely tough to play.

Check out the high scores they show:
World record: over 2.2 Million
Galloping Ghost Arcade record: 680,000

By the way: If your ever near Chicago you have to go to the Galloping Ghost Arcade. I haven't seen that many old school arcades in one spot ever, not even my old local arcades 30 years ago in their heyday. Their website says they are the largest arcade in the USA. That place is incredible.
http://www.gallopingghostarcade.com/

post-8007-0-52582800-1428275834_thumb.jp

post-8007-0-29021200-1428275853_thumb.jp

• Like 4

I'm terrible at this game so couldn't even submit something as my scores were really bad.

Here's a couple pictures I took when I was at Galloping Ghost Arcade in Chicago a couple weeks ago and played this game there.

What's interesting to me is that I'm actually better at this game on my arcade with using 3 buttons side by side as opposed to the real arcade. The real arcade has an upside down pyramid button layout that I found to be extremely tough to play.

Check out the high scores they show:

World record: over 2.2 Million

Galloping Ghost Arcade record: 680,000

By the way: If your ever near Chicago you have to go to the Galloping Ghost Arcade. I haven't seen that many old school arcades in one spot ever, not even my old local arcades 30 years ago in their heyday. Their website says they are the largest arcade in the USA. That place is incredible.

http://www.gallopingghostarcade.com/

That's so cool B)B) .... I'm a bit jealous here...I wish I had such an Arcade Hall in the neighborhood :o

The 2.2 Million is Twin Galaxies' official verified world record. So cool they have a little flyer attached to the cab showing this record !!

Thanks Garetmax for sharing your story and photo's. I really appreciate these contributions !!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...