All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Discussion on new features in 1.96/1.97

Tom Speirs

I deleted the current Pinball FX2 stuff from my config and reran setup, but same thing. Nothing when I go and try to display other systems (no Pinball FX2 in list)

also in the config.xml file the section for Pinball FX2 does NOT have a space and the database directory does (I tried both).

you are trying to set up pinball FX2 in pinballX right?

if so when is the last time you downloaded the 197 version if it was a few days ago you may need to re-download it

Re-download and install again if needed

-

Okay I got the Fx2 working in Pinballx, But is there anyway to make it so it stops where you can select number of players?

-

[PinballFX2]
WorkingPath=E:\Pinball FX2\Pinball FX2 or Program Files (x86)\Steam
Executable=Pinball FX2.exe or Steam.exe
Enabled=True
Process=Pinball FX2.exe
Parameters=-applaunch 226980
WaitFor=17

getting somewhere now, I decided to turn on Future pinball tables also and I see that my all games list increased in number of tables, but there was NOT a system listed on the launch screen (I have VP, VP 9.2 Only, VP 9.9 PM5, etc but not Future Pinball). I then turned off Future pinball and got my number of tables, then turned on FX2 and once again I see my all tables size grow, but I don't see the Pinball FX2 system on the launch page. Any1 know what I'm doing wrong with both Future and Pinball FX2 to not have them on the launch menu where all the other systems are. Thanks

I feel like I have to keep the NukeLauncher solution so that I can capture, stream, and vertically flip the DMD on playback. All of this works because with a custom script I can start the capture prior to calling NukeLauncher and starting PBFX2. If I start the capture after PBFX2 launches then the backglass briefly loses focus. Video backglasses do not come back and the screen remains blank during play.

I already had a database setup as PinballFX2 with out the space in the name. V1.97 includes a database and tables are displayed in the menu despite setting the Pinball FX2 system to disabled in the ini. Deleting out the new database causes PBX to crash. I wound up just clearing all the entries out the the new database but otherwise leaving the menu tag. Duplicates are gone now, so I am good.

Gameplay and Tutorial Videos with file names that match the description field still do not show up in the menu. Been like that since 1.95 I think.

I am able to get steam to open but then I have to use my mouse to click on PBFX2 Start...anyone else having to do this as well?

Also still cannot get my cabinet buttons to work. Do I program those in PBFX2? I was hoping since it is launching within PBX that it would see those settings but apparently not.

post-11179-0-47623100-1425141408_thumb.j

Do I program those in PBFX2? --- Yes

When I try and do that it does not see the key presses on the buttong for the cabinet itself. It sees the presses on the keyboard when I do it but not my joystick controller card.

The button I have programmed to "Esc" on my cabinet work but the flippers and launch do not.

they are set to LShift, RShift and Enter within VP...iam sure i am missing something! :)

EDIT:

I have DLed Xpadder and configured my card as needed. But how do I get PBX to see this...do a "Run before?"

EDIT 2

GOT it! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is anybody here who can help me out in Germany with the Setup FX2 in PinballX

Cant start FX2 Table over PinballX if i start a Table the Screen Pop up and shows loading and then goes back to the Table Wheel

Any Germany here ??GO CRAZY

Okay I got the Fx2 working in Pinballx, But is there anyway to make it so it stops where you can select number of players??

-

[PinballFX2]
WorkingPath=E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
Executable=Steam.exe
Enabled=True
Process=Pinball FX2.exe
Parameters=-applaunch 226980
WaitFor=16

I'm using the same settings as Outhere, but can't get my FX2 list from Game Manager to show up in PinballX itself. Reinstalling 1.97 a couple times tonight didn't help. I can only get my FX2 tables to play by accessing them through "All Tables." I've never had a problem with any other lists that I've created. I'm using Windows 8.1 and have several pretty big table lists (but none individually over the size limit), in case either of these factors matters. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Not in a specific FX2 folder or folders as my VP tables do. The few I've tried to add so far do seem to be accessible in the "All Tables" folder, which is itself a mystery to me because It doesn't seem to include all my tables. My problem probably results from in a gap in my understanding of how the list / groups function translates to the screen, In any event, I'm stumped.

Hey Tim,

If your PFX2 is not a Steam app, the I don't think you need the parameters field filled out. If it is a Steam app, then yeah your workingpath should be the Steam folder like outthere said, the Executable should be Steam.exe and you should have a hyphen before the parameter ie: -applaunch 226980.

-Mike

Mike: I tried it without the field filled out and no dice. It works from the .exe on it's own. I also tried putting the .exe in with the tables and adjusting the path- no dice. Then I played a game and found I wasn't missing much lol.