All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Profile will not login today after launching PinballX

paulohotline

Hello, my GameEx profile will not auto-login when I launch PinballX and stopped working this AM. The last game loaded before it stopped working was Addams family, see sig card below.

Here is my online profile:

https://online.gameex.com/user.aspx?id=28033

I have verified in setup that online is enabled and that the user name and password are correct. I have not had issues with this before and am using the latest version of PinballX. I have rebooted the cabinet a couple of times and everything else with respect to going online is working fine.

I have checked my Norton Network settings and they are allowing GameEX and PinballX to go online.

Here are my specs:

Intel® Core i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz with 16GB running NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560.

Any suggestions?

Edited by paulohotline
Moved to PinballX - General Forum

Hello, yes I have rebooted the cabinet several times. Something broke in PinballX. Is there a registry entry I can check to see if this function was disabled?

I have upgraded PinballX to the latest version and it's still not logging into GameEX on PInballX bootup.

The login message and sound don't come up. Is there a menu key to force that login?

Thanks again.

Ok I am have re-entered the username and password and am able to use the PinballX download service to search \ download media in the game list manager with no problems. This was also working fine previously. I purchased the 1 Year online pass in Dec 2014 which includes access to GameEx Online, let me know if that has changed.

I also launched a backed up 1.92 version of PInballX on a backup drive and it too would not login into GameEx when launching the app, so it's not a corrupt file in the new install.

It might be a firewall issue, what port does GameEx use?

I am going to leave this for now since everything else is working except the online component.

Thanks.

Ok, i have added and opened port 443 on my Norton Firewall and Router with no change. I have also disabled entirely the smart Norton firewall on the Cab PC with no change.

I am officially stumped. Unless the issue is on the GameEx Online end (and it appears no one else is having problems) I am stumped for now. Mostly like I will just reset my router eventually.

Here is the host name in case anyone else reports issues connecting from Canada:
Host Name: wnpgmb0311w-ds01-68-2.dynamic.mtsallstream.net

Thanks again for your help.