All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] >>> GameRoom Suspended<<<

Krakerman

Awesome. Just think that people (myself included) would love to see a new system released every now and then. We can add the new theme to our cabinets and when you are ready start releasing the bezels etc. we will be ready.

That's also what I meant. I wasn't referring to the per-game themes or bezels. Just the basic themes with the system themes in them. Just so we can get started using the theme.

One little feedback. Maybe it's just me. There's only going to be one version of the theme set? Because I've got the 480p videos to go along with the roms but would to see more room for these to get played. They're now quite small in the theme.

I would need to re-do the layout for larger videos however there is only so much room as I would love to make the videos larger. I'll take a look and see what more I can do. Now as far as a release .... I have no ETA guys I know you all want these up and running on your setups and trust me I want to finish them as well but they are just not ready yet for a public release but will work on them as soon as I have time.

• Like 1

Been very busy guys outside of GameEx and haven't had much time to do any work on the theme but today I did manage to design a couple new (default) bezels for the Commdore 64 and VIC-20 systems. I been needing to get these up and running on my system and got it all setup and working great in RocketLauncher and GameEx now so I needed a bezel for them and used the new 3D layout for these.

Hey, just wanted to say thank you for your hard work improving an already awesome theme. I've been absent (Finising my BS) for a while and am just getting caught up. Just read through all your progress on this theme and am very impressed. It's very cool man! I really like the custom bezels (I'm a little aprehensive about loosing real estate by wrapping the bezel around the top and bottom of the game window, but it still looks good). It's a very interesting idea. I really like the N64 bezel (now if only I could get that rumble pack to work! LOL)

Glad you like the updated version :) .... been wondering what happened to you but then again there have been quite a few that have been MIA around here including myself from time to time as real life always gets in the way plus I just don't have the energy some days like I did in the past as this theme takes alot of work and time plus with RocketLauncher it has opened up alot of other projects for me to work on like the bezels project you have been seeing. As far as real estate it's not so much an issue at least not for me since I have a large HDTV but what I did is include a transparent bezel so you'll be able to go fullscreen and still use Instruction cards as well like I did with the Intellivision system that I posted screenshots of but have done the same with every other system as well so with a press of a button you can switch between bezel or fullscreen plus nice thing with RocketLauncher it remembers per game settings so you don't have to do that everytime just set what you want bezel or fullscreen and it will remember how to display it the next time you run the game.

I have alot more bezels I'm working on as well plus I am now getting into how to write my own RocketLauncher modules so hopefully I can start creating my own modules for systems that are not out yet for the more obscure systems.

(UPDATE) Tonight I did write a successful module thou for SDLTRS (Tandy TRS-80 Model I/II/III/IV) emulator but I only have the model III system running but have alot more work to do on it but it can play all model III games right now fullscreen which is pretty cool. That is pretty much what I've been up to but glad to see you back and thanks again for the kind words on my theme and bezels. Peace! :D

Tonight I manage to finish a fully functioning SDLTRS module for RocketLauncher with settings. Here is a screenshot of a Model III game running fullscreen using my new module I made. Now I just need to implement bezel support!! ;)

I have all TRS-80 model (I/II/III and IV) support implemented in the module. I have alot more features I need to add but hey I can play these games now in GameEx using RocketLauncher. :D

post-4877-0-65499200-1435716056_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

I've been taking alot of time off away from the scene as of late but I am starting to get back into the swing of things today. I updated the Commodore 64 bezel. These will also have Instruction cards like I did with the Atari 400/800 bezels.

As far as the Gameroom theme goes I will be working on this as well in the upcoming weeks. Now that I have decided on staying with a functional OS and have upgraded my paint software to Paintshop Pro X8 Ultimate I can start getting the creative juices flowing again. ;)

post-4877-0-93576100-1439774937_thumb.pn

post-4877-0-39480200-1439780447_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Tonight I started working on converting the Atari 2600 bezels and Instruction Cards over to the new 3D bezel layout that I been working on for RocketLauncher for use with GameEx (Actual gameplay footage shown).

Btw ... RocketLauncher had a pretty big update tonight!

post-4877-0-00742100-1440385172_thumb.jp

post-4877-0-18654200-1440385176_thumb.jp

• Like 2

So do you guys prefer or should I say like the graphics around the bezel or would prefer without the extra decals. Myself not sure if I should leave it or remove it. Same with the top border remove the console panel or do you like it?

Too me for this system seems kinda like I should leave them in but curious for some outside input.

I love the console panel, am ok with the 3D graphics, and the decals are a nice touch! I'd say keep painting, or photoshoping ;)

PS:

In case anyone is interested in a Nintendo Wii background/foreground for use with GameRoomEXv2 I wipped this up today mainly for myself, but perhaps you all can enjoy it also. The left panel (titles box) is formatted to display EMU movies Boxart instead of titles for this emulator, so you may want to make that change in settings, just an FYI. Config file is attached too.

@Krack, let me know if I'm overstepping my bounds here and I'll remove the attachments. I don't want to step on your toes, I know your working on this project now and moving in a new direction from GREX v2. I thought it might be a little selfish to keep it to myself, someone else might get some enjoyment out of it besides me.

post-10261-0-84937600-1440448736_thumb.p

post-10261-0-92838600-1440448760_thumb.p

Nintendo Wii.ini

• Like 1

I noticed that the Icons in GREX v2 has black space with a different shade than the Black space in the window. So there appeared to be a grey box around some of the icons. I went through all of these a while ago and replaced the black with transparent in my copy. I was wondering if your aware of this and going to adress it in GR. If it helps, I could upload my LOGOS folder, but I'm not sure how since its 92MB..

aahhh If my memory serves me correct those were not done by me except for a few of them. Most of those came from KRC but it's been awhile and I don't have that theme handy to look at to verify for but I am almost certain they were KRC's work.

I see. Well regardless, the black space fights the GameEX generated Black in the transparent portions the Logos are displayed. You might want to magic wand the black and make them transparent. Just a small detail I noticed and fixed in my copy. Thought I'd pass it on, I'm a bit of a stickler for the details. Based on your work, I'd say you are too. Seriously, I'm liking the new version. Any ETA on a revision update?

Well I am planning on doing new logo's someday just not on my high priority list right now anyone can feel free to make there own if they want too.

Thanks for letting me know thou I never noticed it I am getting old .... eyes are first to go they say :)

As far as an update not sure been very lazy with the heat out here plus been busy outside this hobby with day to day crap but with that said I am trying to get back into it but I'll keep you all posted with any progress with the theme.

• 2 weeks later...