All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

My Sit-Down Arcade Cabinet

garetmax

I've got my new cabinet mostly completed. Actually there wasn't much for me to do. All I needed to do was to shell out some money to RecRoomMasters and Best Buy and put it all together.

I decided to go with a sit-down style cabinet as I like my feet on the floor. I've got a couple of bar stools and just don't like them.

I could never finish and didn't want to work on my previous cabinet anymore so that's why I went with purchasing an arcade cabinet kit.

I'm extremely satisfied with the kit and how it looks and feels. :) The kit was very easy to put together, is a quality product, and RecRoomMasters was great to purchase from. I didn't see it anywhere on their website or any pictures on the internet but I asked for the red T-molding instead of standard black and Wayne said no problem and didn't charge anything extra. I've got some upgrades in mind already for the future like adding a bezel in between the monitor and the plexiglass, making my own larger custom control panel, adding the atomic style mame logos on each side, modifying the monitor mount so I can swing out the monitor or take it out completely.

The monitor is actually just an Insignia 32" LED TV that I bought from Best Buy that does 1920 x 1080. I already had the X-Arcade Tankstick from the old cabinet which I modified about 4-5 years ago.

I posted images of my old half-finished upright cab and my new sit-down cab. The old cab will be going on Craigslist so hopefully it finds a good home and gets finished fully.

I am now playing on my Arcade Machine and feeling pretty good about it. No more crappy half-finished project sitting there for 4-5 years - my Wife is very happy too. :cheers: Actually, now I need to finish the basement. :huh:

Thanks to all the people here as I'm really liking GameEx.

post-8007-0-51559700-1423787419_thumb.jp

post-8007-0-77728300-1423787523_thumb.jp

post-8007-0-09851200-1423787554_thumb.jp

post-8007-0-38474500-1423787570_thumb.jp

post-8007-0-47585100-1423787689_thumb.jp

post-8007-0-07899600-1423787718_thumb.jp

post-8007-0-39970400-1423787749_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Thanks guys. I'm pretty happy with it although I do have some modifications planned.

First mod will be to bring the controller out a little more about 6-8" so I can have a little more foot room and can lean back in my chair more while playing.

Second mod will be to come up with some sort of quick monitor removal setup. I'd like to have this because I want to put a custom bezel under the plexiglass and I want easy access to clean the plexiglass back there. Our dogs are shedding real bad right now and there is dog hair that needs to go.

Yeah, it would be really nice to have a setup where you could totally "veg out". Say a Lazy-boy in the comfortably reclined position, with controllers just the perfect distance for maximum comfort and optimal gaming enjoyment :D Course I'd probably spend more time nappin' in it!

One things for sure with this hobby, you're never done!

• Like 1

I've got the first mod done with extending out the control panel so there's more room for legs and feet and I can lean back in my chair farther.

I brought it out about 8". I cut the other flat control panel board that they ship with the unit to fill in this 8" gap.

This feels much more comfortable for me now so I'm pretty happy with how this came out.

Check out CP wizard running which I love. Thanks to Headkaze for that awesome program.

Here's some new pics.

post-8007-0-76119000-1424654306_thumb.jp

post-8007-0-14803500-1424654334_thumb.jp

post-8007-0-01089400-1424654346_thumb.jp

• Like 3