All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

February 2015 GOTM Winner: ExedExes - 20,269,170 (link)

Out Run
Out Run Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 Luigimaker 31,531,080 Luigimaker's Hi-Score Entry
2 ExedExes 20,269,170 ExedExes's Hi-Score Entry
3 Mame Offender 18,748,100 Mame Offender's Hi-Score Entry
4 smario 15,728,920 smario's Hi-Score Entry
5 Yung-Jedi 12,984,630 Yung-Jedi's Hi-Score Entry
6 wolfman24 7,439,930 wolfman24's Hi-Score Entry
7 hansolo77 7,169,530 hansolo77's Hi-Score Entry
8 murve33 5,451,480 murve33's Hi-Score Entry
9 GimmeClassics 5,222,470 GimmeClassics's Hi-Score Entry
10 rtkiii 4,976,760 rtkiii's Hi-Score Entry
Last Updated by hansolo77: 05-13-2018

efg7nEn.jpg

1. Buzzin69 - 1,592,430 (link)

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for Out Run:

ROMSet: outrun
Unknown: Off
Cabinet: Up Cockpit
Time: Normal
Difficulty / Enemies: Normal
Special Rules: You may freely choose your pathway through the game.

NOTE:
* I'm not sure if it has any consequences but please change the Cabinet value to "Up Cockpit". The green coloured default values match the Twin Galaxies settings.

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide: :link:
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide: :link:
# general rules for submitting you hi-score: :link:

• Like 2

We introduce February's GOTM.........Out Run !!

The player controls a car, a Ferrari Testarossa. The road curves and dips, which, combined with the low perspective, increases the challenge by making it difficult to see what is on the other side of a hill. The player must race to the end of each stage as fast as possible against a time limit while avoiding traffic !

Good luck and have fun :)

~ HS Team

Since we happen to be playing this GOTM in the Olympics, the settings for that are only Time and Difficulty = Normal. Since they use the same settings, can our scores for the Olympics count here too?

Because Out Run (Olympics) is being played at the same moment as our Out Run GOTM competition we'll allow scores to count for both. Please do submit your snapshot to this thread as well.

NOTE: in other cases it's of course not allowed to submit an "old" hi-score to a "new" contest / competition. But I'm sure you guys were already aware of that :)

• Like 2

I had plenty of time to practice this at Wolf's IX Video Armaggedon a few months back.

ExedExes - 17,511,160

A tough challenge to beat this amazing score ! You're in the run for a new Gotm banner ;) Nice job EX B)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

Oh yeah, 8.5 seconds remaining!

I took the shortest path: right, left, right, right.

You've really put the pedal to the metal B) ! Taking the lead in February's GOTM contest. Nice score MO !

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

Olympics update -

ExedExes - 20,269,170

D'oh!!

Wow, a little more than 10 seconds left when you finished. Did you go right left right right?

Good showing in the Yo's too!! Third place in that group of gaming gurus is impressive!

It sure is close, eh? As of this morning, we are 14 points out of first, and third is only 15 behind us. I know you dont like DK, but the Triggers could use a bump in Donkey Kong as fifth and fourth are under 100k.

D'oh!!

Wow, a little more than 10 seconds left when you finished. Did you go right left right right?

Good showing in the Yo's too!! Third place in that group of gaming gurus is impressive!

It sure is close, eh? As of this morning, we are 14 points out of first, and third is only 15 behind us. I know you dont like DK, but the Triggers could use a bump in Donkey Kong as fifth and fourth are under 100k.

Yes, I did the R-L-R-R. It's a good pattern!

I'm trying my best to stay 3rd, but the P-Team is tough.

We're actually 109 pts down from first now.

What is the difference to how you go? right, left.. left, right... i'm confused.

Different routes mean different stages. In Out Run you have 14 selectable stages.

outrun_10.jpg

The best way as determined by many, start by going right, hit the mountains. Go left there, to the Dutch inspired Alpine stage. Going right there leads to the autumn like tree stage and then right once more ends up at the "d" goal.

• Like 4

I can remember seeing this one for the first time when I was a kid - absolutely jaw dropping! I mean, it went up and down!! :o

Never played it much though as in Germany minors were banned from arcades back in the days... and so I gave it a try for the comp and I find it surprisingly playable, even with my digital joysticks. Add the music and boom! another 3 hours gone :) Nice!

score - 7,221,230

post-9906-0-17924000-1423919365_thumb.pn

• Like 2

I can remember seeing this one for the first time when I was a kid - absolutely jaw dropping! I mean, it went up and down!! :o

Never played it much though as in Germany minors were banned from arcades back in the days... and so I gave it a try for the comp and I find it surprisingly playable, even with my digital joysticks. Add the music and boom! another 3 hours gone :) Nice!

score - 7,221,230

Hey Smario ! Great to see you back competing :)

I also very much enjoy to relive Outrun memories B) !

Nice score. Puts you in 3rd place !

Updated OP, DB, RSS

I can't see how the top score is 20 million. Thats crazy! Does the game restart back to stage 1 after you do all 5 or something, to let you keep playing? I made it to stage 5 but hit too many cars (surprised my car was still working).

Score: 7,169,530

Initials: HAN

post-569-0-66409900-1424030875_thumb.png

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 3

A minor improvement - 7,331,940

I had just passed the roadsign at the end of stage 4 - guess that makes me 10-12 secs short of reaching stage 5. Anyway, lots of fun, this one!

Nice score smario B) . I'm still trying to beat stage 3 :wacko: ...almost there though ;)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• Like 1