PcTeknic    71

They want to check when it explodes.:D

Each time you press a key to move to the next table, PinballX has to play 3 videos (4 if you have topper), the audio and the image of the Wheel.

In my opinion, PinballX works perfectly, just add some function or a beer dispenser.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Quieren comprobar cuando explota. :D

Cada vez que pulsamos una tecla para pasar a la siguiente mesa, PinballX tiene que reproducir 3 vídeos (4 si tienes topper), el audio y la imagen del Wheel.

En mi opinión, PinballX funciona perfectamente, solo le añadiría alguna función o un dispensador de cerveza.

Carny_Priest    205
6 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

I'm not too keen either but can you post the link please.

Ok, this was coming from hauntfreaks who basically posed the idea in a backhanded manner. 

http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/avatar-081115a/page/2/

I looked at his short history here, and he basically didn't like how one of his comments/questions/whatever was taken a couple years ago and so he rags on the product and the people associated with it from time to time. He's a dick about it, but on the other hand he is talented enough that I don't doubt that he could do something interesting with the feature if it were available.

I agree that it would be too busy. I mostly just use simpler images based on logos as they appear in backglasses or flyers. No characters, no background, and no MegaDocklet template for the most part. I think static, simpler designs that are distinctive in color and shape are more easily identifiable when you are fast scrolling. But that's just my opinion. Others may want dancing babies, jumping Jesus, or other bling. So, I throw the idea out there.  

Tom Speirs    2363

Okay thanks and no worries some people just like to swing their cocks around on the internet. I never knew I upset him though.

• Haha 1

Draco1962    2157

I can see it all ways, really. Would I use animated png for wheel images? Maybe. Maybe not. I already have 3 screens with animations and adding more on the playfield may be pushing it a bit. I can live without the dancing baby, jumping Jesus, but gimme some Tiny Elvis... Whoa! 

• Like 1

rablack97    3

I'm also thinking how smooth those images would actually work, and would it slow down, stutter lag? would the animation start when the table is actually selected or would you have the other surrounding wheel animations running as well?

Seems like whatever he suggested prior for this application didn't make the cut.  Its alot to take on when your bombarded with suggestions every week.  Can't please everyone.

Tom Speirs    2363

And I guess you can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs.

Performance is my main concern too. PinballX would have to load the animation frames into memory. That's where you would get the lag.

rablack97    3

Yeah i'd disable that, too many other things going on already to cause a freeze up.

Did you get a chance to look at

Still image on 2nd 3rd screen during video boot up

Thumbnails for image selection in the game manager or if anything hover over the file and have a preview popup.

Draco1962    2157
3 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

Performance is my main concern too. PinballX would have to load the animation frames into memory. That's where you would get the lag.

I would expect that those with larger table collections would notice the lag effect more.

PcTeknic    71

I would like to be able to choose the default databases to display and extend the range.

Now we mark the option "defaul filters" to generate 70s, 80s, 90s and moder for years and stern, williams, bally, Gottlieb by manufacturers.

I think it would be good for the user to mark every list he wants to see, and include the 60s.

I for example would not mark 60s nor the 70s, but there will be those who mainly want those.

Nor is it a problem because the user can create a database of the 60s, but it is no longer automatic.

The same for manufacturers, my Gottlieb I do not like, but I have created a database with Inder / Sonic and I will do the same for Sega / Data East.

The good thing is that although PinballX does not generate these lists or you do not have selection options, you can do it yourself on your own.

More interesting than this, that the user can do for himself, I think it would be the option already commented many times with a selection of systems to choose the tables to display, Visual, Future, PinballFX2, TPA, Zaccaria, MAME. .. Those who have multiple systems would appreciate it.

I've done another installation for MAME, so I boot it with arcade videos and say games instead of Tables.

PinballX I use it only for Visual, I have removed TPA and Future.

The FX2 although I have it integrated, I always execute it directly.

As you can see, it is not something I ask for me, I love PinballX, it is an opinion about what could be improved, it is several people who ask about these things.

• Like 3

simbamame    12

Having finally got a lot of table to work  i fired up over 300+ tables in the visual pinball menu, ok great, but what happens if i want a table that starts with say an M takes ages to scroll threw the wheel any chance of putting a skip letter like in gameEx or maybe like me i have double flipper buttons so have it so in the config the 2nd flipper button skips letters ???

TerryRed    93
1 hour ago, simbamame said:

Having finally got a lot of table to work  i fired up over 300+ tables in the visual pinball menu, ok great, but what happens if i want a table that starts with say an M takes ages to scroll threw the wheel any chance of putting a skip letter like in gameEx or maybe like me i have double flipper buttons so have it so in the config the 2nd flipper button skips letters ???

My 2nd flipper buttons (magna save) already skips letters in Pinball X