Draco1962

PinballX Enhancements/Features Requests

382 posts in this topic

It is necessary to enable the label "Ratting" to put "BESTIAL" to the Roadshow, not enough with 5 stars

Would still love the option to disable auto clicks. I don't see why they are even there for things like Pinball FX2 and Pinball Arcade as it just messes up game selections.

5 hours ago, Stexe said:

Would still love the option to disable auto clicks. I don't see why they are even there for things like Pinball FX2 and Pinball Arcade as it just messes up game selections.

The integrated support does this to support the respective apps UIs. If you do not like it using that, then there is the option to run them as Other Systems where you may have some better flexibility. 

3 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

The integrated support does this to support the respective apps UIs. If you do not like it using that, then there is the option to run them as Other Systems where you may have some better flexibility. 

That was mentioned before, but when I tried using "Other Systems" I ran into a lot more problems. I forget what they were, but it was much worse than simply having the autokey presses (I think it had to do with the game not properly loading and/or minimizing and with AutoHotkeys not running properly). Either way, it would just be nice to have it set up without auto key presses, or a way to customize the auto key presses without going to "Other Systems."

Some B2S.exe stay open After exit, and only clossed when press ESC key.

Hello everybody

I would like to request a feature improvement for the current PinballX.

Firstly though, I've been using PinballX heavily (6 Systems, over 1500 Pinball Games) for more than a year now on my homemade cabinet. It's great. Thanks to the PinballX-Team once more.

Secondly, a little explanation: With a lot of playtime on all different machines, my interest in Pinball grew more and more and into very different directions since I have access to the feeling of all those different machines. I also noticed that a surprisingly big portion of people – completely unfamiliar with pinball – find my cabinet a great thing, but quickly come up with a lot of questions about Pinball in general. They clearly share my interests, though, mine go deeper obviously. Among those interest are: The art, technical details, unique features, design, companies, construction, production, marketing, (flyers, commercials, etc.) and, overall, the History of Pinball machines. I figured that a virtual pinball cabinet (it's a computer at last) is the perfect "vessel" for those other interests in Pinball, other than playing the emulations. So, I want to turn my cabinet into a Pinball Encylopedia. As pinball is a very visual form of entertainment, pictures (and videos) are the obvious choice for media.

PinballX allready has the feature to display a sereis of images from a source on a hard drive and does it in a very good way (aspect ratio, size, screen usage, etc). I mean the "Flyer Images" feature, of course. I noticed that the current version of PinballX allows up to 8 pictures to be shows for every enabled game (front, back, inside1-inside6). That's not enough for what I envision.

Therefore, my feature request is to increase the number of pictures being able to display as flyer images into the range of dozens (32, 64, 128). This would allow to add more pictures of the following nature, with regards to above interests:

- pictures of the outside of the machines mainly due to the impressive artwork (cabinet and backboxe sides)
- more flyer images (multi language, bigger flyers with comics included or just more than 8 pages, variations of flyers)
- high detail pictures of real playfields and whitewoods
- other promotional material (press releases, magazine ads)
- toy and art close-ups
- Prototypes and early artwork
- etc.
- etc.

I assume that this feature request is rather easy to implement and I'm looking forward for good news with the next few releases of PinballX. Thanks in advance.

Fuzgi

PS: I did try what has been suggested in another forums: Create more folders "Inside7" etc., but to my surprise that didn't work. PinballX (I am using 2.31) won't display anything above "Inside6".

PPS: A feature to access the flyer display mode with one button press. (no menu and navigating to flyers, suggested before by me)

1 person likes this

Feature request.....

Would like the ability to add a still image to the backglass while the startup video runs.

1 person likes this