All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX Enhancements/Features Requests

1 minute ago, Draxonic said:

Feature Request: Put in a switch for ignoring "The" at the beginning of a table name for alphabetical sorting.

Eg. "The Lord of The Rings" would be sorted by "Lord" instead of "The"

Just name the table "Lord of the Rings, The"

6 minutes ago, kino412 said:

Just name the table "Lord of the Rings, The"

Not so sure it will display as "The Lord of the Rings" if you do that. Many frontends do allow for ignoring "the" at the beginning of a name so a reasonable request.

ENHANCEMENT REQUEST: Allow for custom "No Topper.mp4" videos or images to display from each system'sTopper folder (i.e. \PinballX\Media\Pinball FX3\Topper Videos or \PinballX\Media\Pinball FX3\Topper Images) so that we can put a placeholder video of our choice rather than the default No Topper video from \PinballX\Media\Videos.

On 4/28/2018 at 5:46 PM, Draco1962 said:

ENHANCEMENT REQUEST: Allow for custom "No Topper.mp4" videos or images to display from each system'sTopper folder (i.e. \PinballX\Media\Pinball FX3\Topper Videos or \PinballX\Media\Pinball FX3\Topper Images) so that we can put a placeholder video of our choice rather than the default No Topper video from \PinballX\Media\Videos.

An addendum to the previous. Have PinballX also look within each system's Topper Images and Videos folders for numbered No Toppper files to randomly load (i.e., No Topper.png, No Topper1.png, No Topper2.png images would load randomly unless there was a file named after the rom or table name.)

If no No Topper image or video file exists or numbered No Topper image or video in the system's Topper Images or Topper Video folders, then the No Topper files within \PinballX\Media\Images or \PinballX\Media\Videos would display.

ENHANCEMENT REQUEST: Add an feature that can be enabled/disabled that displsays PINemHi LeaderBoard scores on the user's Topper if Topper is enabled.

Scoreboard background image file can be customized by the user to fit their theme. 

if possible, TTF selectable, as well as size and color.

Also, possibly add an RSS scrolling feed with user selection as to whether they want it scrolling across the bottom or top. Data to be scrolled could be current standings for the table they are playing and PINemHi news or update information.

• Like 1

I really like your ideas draco, I have written an AHK script to display my high scores on my topper along with displaying instruction cards & flyers (soon).  My reasoning for doing this was that instruciton card and flyers should be installed under media/system in which it belongs instead of just under media.  I understand why it was done that way, but storage is too cheap not to be more organized nowadays.  I also did away with the Front/Back/Inside/etc folders and just went with table name, table name _1, table name _2, etc for naming of  flyers.  So much easier to find badly named files.  Hope someday PinballX can do this also.  Will post a video of my cab if anyone want to see it in action.

Still to do is tutorial videos, jumping to IPDB web page for specific table.  I asked if it was possible to grab joy buttons with a plugin to do all these things, but didn't get a response yet so I went the AHK route.  Works suprisingly well.

• Like 2

FEATURE REQUEST: I would love to be able to rate the table inside of PBX menu vs going into the Game List Manager.  

Thanks

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Crop images Option is practically imperceptible, at least using MegaDocklets.

Photo 1 is off & photo 2 is on.

For Pinball Games & Vertical Arcades, the effect of the active icon is very good, but for horizontal arcades, it covers part of the video area, at least with the videos that I made.

I think it would be very interesting to add an option to choose icon effect:

- Maximize and elevate to the center (current)
- Increase and keep in a row. (wanted)

It would be something like that photo 3

IMG_20180511_173815.jpg

IMG_20180511_180808.jpg

IMG_20180511_180808b.jpg

Now i change crop images option to YES and PinballX Crash.

Change again crop images ti NO and PinballX Work fine.

I guess it's experimental.

I'm happy, I have a unique PinballX :D:D Well, almost unique :lol:

Only the first execution becomes slow.

The same thing happened with the new file, I gave it a little time and everything was fine.

I'll record a video, I'll put it shortly.

Now that you have this effect, the option "Increase selected game icon" would be interesting:

1- Large (Traditional)
2- Medium (Average term that I think would be the best)
3- Not increased (As in this executable)