All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX Enhancements/Features Requests

They want to check when it explodes.:D

Each time you press a key to move to the next table, PinballX has to play 3 videos (4 if you have topper), the audio and the image of the Wheel.

In my opinion, PinballX works perfectly, just add some function or a beer dispenser.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Quieren comprobar cuando explota. :D

Cada vez que pulsamos una tecla para pasar a la siguiente mesa, PinballX tiene que reproducir 3 vídeos (4 si tienes topper), el audio y la imagen del Wheel.

En mi opinión, PinballX funciona perfectamente, solo le añadiría alguna función o un dispensador de cerveza.

6 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

I'm not too keen either but can you post the link please.

Ok, this was coming from hauntfreaks who basically posed the idea in a backhanded manner. 

http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/avatar-081115a/page/2/

I looked at his short history here, and he basically didn't like how one of his comments/questions/whatever was taken a couple years ago and so he rags on the product and the people associated with it from time to time. He's a dick about it, but on the other hand he is talented enough that I don't doubt that he could do something interesting with the feature if it were available.

I agree that it would be too busy. I mostly just use simpler images based on logos as they appear in backglasses or flyers. No characters, no background, and no MegaDocklet template for the most part. I think static, simpler designs that are distinctive in color and shape are more easily identifiable when you are fast scrolling. But that's just my opinion. Others may want dancing babies, jumping Jesus, or other bling. So, I throw the idea out there.  

I can see it all ways, really. Would I use animated png for wheel images? Maybe. Maybe not. I already have 3 screens with animations and adding more on the playfield may be pushing it a bit. I can live without the dancing baby, jumping Jesus, but gimme some Tiny Elvis... Whoa! 

• Like 1

I'm also thinking how smooth those images would actually work, and would it slow down, stutter lag? would the animation start when the table is actually selected or would you have the other surrounding wheel animations running as well?

Seems like whatever he suggested prior for this application didn't make the cut.  Its alot to take on when your bombarded with suggestions every week.  Can't please everyone.

3 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

Performance is my main concern too. PinballX would have to load the animation frames into memory. That's where you would get the lag.

I would expect that those with larger table collections would notice the lag effect more.

I would like to be able to choose the default databases to display and extend the range.

Now we mark the option "defaul filters" to generate 70s, 80s, 90s and moder for years and stern, williams, bally, Gottlieb by manufacturers.

I think it would be good for the user to mark every list he wants to see, and include the 60s.

I for example would not mark 60s nor the 70s, but there will be those who mainly want those.

Nor is it a problem because the user can create a database of the 60s, but it is no longer automatic.

The same for manufacturers, my Gottlieb I do not like, but I have created a database with Inder / Sonic and I will do the same for Sega / Data East.

The good thing is that although PinballX does not generate these lists or you do not have selection options, you can do it yourself on your own.

More interesting than this, that the user can do for himself, I think it would be the option already commented many times with a selection of systems to choose the tables to display, Visual, Future, PinballFX2, TPA, Zaccaria, MAME. .. Those who have multiple systems would appreciate it.

I've done another installation for MAME, so I boot it with arcade videos and say games instead of Tables.

PinballX I use it only for Visual, I have removed TPA and Future.

The FX2 although I have it integrated, I always execute it directly.

As you can see, it is not something I ask for me, I love PinballX, it is an opinion about what could be improved, it is several people who ask about these things.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Having finally got a lot of table to work  i fired up over 300+ tables in the visual pinball menu, ok great, but what happens if i want a table that starts with say an M takes ages to scroll threw the wheel any chance of putting a skip letter like in gameEx or maybe like me i have double flipper buttons so have it so in the config the 2nd flipper button skips letters ???

[edit] sorry for my ignorance didnt realise page up meant skip letter lol. all good now.

1 hour ago, simbamame said:

Having finally got a lot of table to work  i fired up over 300+ tables in the visual pinball menu, ok great, but what happens if i want a table that starts with say an M takes ages to scroll threw the wheel any chance of putting a skip letter like in gameEx or maybe like me i have double flipper buttons so have it so in the config the 2nd flipper button skips letters ???

My 2nd flipper buttons (magna save) already skips letters in Pinball X

PINBALL X FEATURE REQUEST: ADD SEPARATE PINBALL FX3 INTEGRATED SUPPORT:

The following tables will not be making the jump to Pinball FX3 per Zen Studios:

Tables not coming to Pinball FX3
South Park Pinball 2 Table Pack (This is South Park and Butters tables)
• Street Fighter Pinball (not part of Windows PBFX2 collection for Steam/Windows)
• Ninja Gaiden Pinball (not part of Windows PBFX2 collection for Steam/Windows)
• Plants vs. Zombies Pinball
• Ms. Splosion Man Pinball

So 4 tables total that won't make the transition - 4 of my favorites and amongst the better tables IMO, so being able to run PBFX2 integrated in addition to PBFX3 without having to run one or the other as a separate emulator under Other Systems would be awesome.

7 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

Okay will do. The existing work and support people had done hadn't occurred to me. Will do today.

To give you a visual of what DOFLinx is for FX2....

Since I haven't really done any FX2 videos for DOFLinx, I think the new release of 5.20 which supports addressable leds makes this a good reason to have a video demonstration.

DOFLinx is part of the complete cabinet experience for Pinball FX2!

-addressable leds

-B2S active backglass

-full DOF feedback and lighting support

Add in freezy's dmdext for virtual DMD (clean round dots) or real DMD support

• Like 1

How can I setup the "DOFLinx 5.20" for Pinball FX2 right? (http://www.vpforums.org/index.php…) - I get it to work with the old "DOFFX2" (DOFFX2.ini) - I used there these Parameters in PinballX " GAME_NAME=[TABLEFILE] SUP_INI="Pinball_FX2\[TABLEFILE]" " I downloaded over the DOF configg tool (http://configtool.vpuniverse.com/index.php) the generated config data and I set the "DOFLinx.ini" file to my right working Settings bevor in DOFFX2.ini file. Did I need another Parameter in PinballX? Where did I need to place the config files? Thanks in advanced! Now I get only this error Massage, when I start Pinball FX2:

folder.jpg

My recommendation is to get rid of your old DOFFx2 files, and install DOFLinx from scratch, and set it up correctly according to the DOFLinx guide.  Post this over at vpforums in the DOFLinx forum, where DDH69 can help you.  Do you have addressable leds,etc....way too many questions need answering.