All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX Enhancements/Features Requests

Feature request: Can the "scrolling" speed be reduced when browsing tables?

Is it possible to slow down the rate of speed when you hold down the flipper button to browse the many tables...and the tables "whizz by"?  It would be much easier to more quickly find the table you want if it were about 50% slower or even better, adjustable.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Tom.

Is it possible to do something in PinballX to be able to call Future DMD only on the tables that use it?

Currently Future DMD runs on all tables, use it or not, and we can not put a DMD image on tables that do not use it because it is covered by Futire DMD.

I think it could be done in the following ways.

1- Database associated with launch before.

Future DMD is currently configured in the Launch Before.

PinballX could do the following:

If HideDMD = True then Launch Before Program
If HideDMD = False then do not run it.

This would work, but it may be that someone uses the Launch Before for something else.

2- Tags in the database

Add a tag with something similar to this

<LaunchBeforeProgram> True or False </ LaunchBeforeProgram>

This would be a good choice.

3- To be able to execute it from the tables that use it.

This would be ideal, but I do not know if it can be done or how to do it, add some line to the table script to run FutureDMD.

----------------------------

Hola Tom.

Es posible hacer algo en PinballX para poder llamar a Future DMD solo en las mesas que lo usan?

Actualmente Future DMD se ejecuta en todas las mesas, lo usen o no, y no podemos poner una imagen de DMD en las mesas que no lo usan porque queda tapado por Futire DMD.

Pienso que se podría hacer de las siguientes maneras.

1- Base de datos asociada al lanzar antes.

Future DMD actualmente se configura en el Launch Before.

PinballX podría hacer lo siguiente:

Si HideDMD=True entonces Launch Before Program
Si HideDMD=False entonces no ejecutarlo.

Esto funcionaría, pero puede ser que alguien use el Launch Before para otra cosa.

2- Etiquetas en la database

Añadir a la database una etiqueta con algo similar a esto

<LaunchBeforeProgram>True o False</LaunchBeforeProgram>

Esta sería una buena opción.

3- Poder ejecutarlo desde las mesas que lo usen.

Esto sería ideal, pero no se si se puede hacer ni como hacerlo, añadir alguna línea al script de la mesa para que ejecute FutureDMD.

It is possible to have PinballX selectively launch FutureDMD based on database xml tags if you are willing to code an Autohotkey script to do what you want.

The source code for LaunchVP.exe provides an example that you can use based on the supplementary xpath functions (also included in the zip file). 

Another example that you can use to code a solution is PBXRecorder. 

• Like 1

Oh, and of course you can always set up a second Future Pinball system in the Settings Wizard Custom System window. Move the tables that don't require FutureDMD to the second xml. On the second system, do not launch FutureDMD prior to launching Future Pinball. This solution requires you to keep up with two Future Pinball databases. Without other measures, it would also require setting up two sets of media.

• Like 1

Yes, that would be one way to do it, two separate systems.

With the .ahk scripts it could be done, but it is also complicated to do so as to explain to a user how to modify and compile the script.

What I'm trying to do is simplify it.

A tag in the style database to:

<RunFutureDMD> True or False </ runFutureDMD>

or
<LauchBeforeProgram> True or False </ LauchBeforeProgram>

I think that would be the easiest thing for all users.

------------------------------------

Si, esa sería una forma de hacerlo, dos sistemas por separado.

Con los scripts .ahk se podría hacer, pero también es complicado tanto para hacerlo como para explicar a un usuario como tiene que modificar y compilar el script.

Lo que intento es simplificarlo.

Una etiqueta en la database del estilo a:

<runFutureDMD>True o False</runFutureDMD>

o
<LauchBeforeProgram>True o False</LauchBeforeProgram>

Pienso que eso sería lo más sencillo para todos los usuarios.

• 2 weeks later...

A majority of the media files are currently duplicates to support the various pinball systems on my cab (visual pinball/visual pinball x/pinball arcade etc). Especially for backglass and topper videos this duplication has quite an impact of available storage on my ssd.

Request: can PinballX also have a generic media folder that you can activate for multiple pinball systems and share media content? 

• Like 2

Hi

I know these were suggested much further back but I don't know if there's plans for these, they were lost/forgotten or there's already some way to do this so asking here in case as well!

There's two feature requests I think would be quite nice to enhance the whole experience...

1 - Custom loading images was suggested, but actually 1 global option to be able to either continue to display the videos on all screens....or if this is an issue performance wise, to show the table, dmd and backglass images for the table thats being loaded....with maybe the "Loading..." text over the top. That way the loading transition will look more seemless as the table image will suddenly become the actual table...

2 - Separate button/input for Show Info/Filters etc. I love one click launch, but then you can't have filters. Ideally I want 1 button on the front of my Cabinet to "Start" and one to show the Info Menu

Only Tom could answer with certainty. My guess is that priority is given to bug fixes first, followed by feature requests based upon complexity vs. utilization by the community vs. on a whim - just sounds like a neat idea. ;)

On 7/24/2017 at 4:32 AM, vogliadicane said:

^^ for point 2 i suggested once to have "start table" when short pressed and "menu", if longer pressed. Then even one button (like in my cab) would be enough.

+1 for any ability to have Start table button and separate Menu support. Either short and long press or 2 separate button assignments

• 4 weeks later...
On 30-7-2017 at 3:58 PM, gtxjoe said:

+1 for any ability to have Start table button and separate Menu support. Either short and long press or 2 separate button assignments

+1 for this. I like start table with "one click" but still want to access the filters.

On 7/20/2017 at 8:39 AM, Iain1986 said:

2 - Separate button/input for Show Info/Filters etc. I love one click launch, but then you can't have filters. Ideally I want 1 button on the front of my Cabinet to "Start" and one to show the Info Menu

I can see this request in the thread a number of times, myself included, and it always gets a few +1's. Any chance it has reached a point where it will be considered?

Wob

Hello Tom,

Not sure if this was requested, yet.

Is there a a way to show thumbnails in the game manager when downloading the table graphics.

Its a PITA to select each one just to see what it looks like, if there was a small thumbnail to the right of each graphic that would save so much time.

11 hours ago, Carny_Priest said:

Hi, it's not something I'm particularly interested in for myself, but it was mentioned in another forum.

Animated wheel images, PNGA format support I guess.

I'll throw the idea out there to help gauge interest.

Thanks.

I'm not too keen either but can you post the link please.