All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX Enhancements/Features Requests

2 hours ago, casperroux said:

Thanks...  The request is for a per system basis, as I can not use 2 or more "no topper" files in the video folder

or can something like system_name-topper.mp4 be implemented...

There should be a topper folder within each system's media folder, such as:

C:\PinballX\Media\Pinball FX2\Topper Images and C:\PinballX\Media\Pinball FX2\Topper Videos using Pinball FX2 as an example.

Have you tried placing a file specifically named no topper.mp4  in these folders for each system to see if it displayed?

40 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

It wont do that Draco. Its a valid request.

Not disputing it as a valid request. Wasn't sure if it did work that way or not (no topper here to test it otherwise). But it does seem like a good place for implementing these No Topper videos from within each system's Topper Videos folder, does it not? ;)

6 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

Not disputing it as a valid request. Wasn't sure if it did work that way or not (no topper here to test it otherwise). But it does seem like a good place for implementing these No Topper videos from within each system's Topper Videos folder, does it not? ;)

Yes, it would be a good way to implement it.

Hi Tom

It was suggested to post this here, but one feature that could be handy is to have a further exit option of "Sleep" instead of just Exit and Shutdown.

It would give cabinets a super fast boot time. Even the option to close PinballX and *then* sleep if there are concerns over PinballX restoring from sleep as you can then setup a script to relaunch PinballX after awaking from sleep. Could potentially end up with cabinets booting from nothing to PinballX in literally 2 or 3 seconds.

-Iain

Hello Tom.

Thank you very much for the wonderful piece of software. I really love PinballX!

I have a small request that would help me and probably some other users also a lot.

I would like to use my extra flipper buttons (L/R Magna save) for Page Up and Page Down in PinballX menu. However, when mapping joystick buttons for "Page/Nudge" it automatically maps them in VP9 to Nudge function. I don't want this, since I have a digital lunger kit along with the motion sensor.

Would it be possible to have the "Page" and "Nudge" mapped independently on joystick buttons?

And also, why does PinballX reconfigure the keys settings in VP? (Just curious)

Thanks very much!

Pitou!

Hello Tom,

Just noticed that the text for the option is still "Page/Nudge" in the Setup. I know it's only cosmetic, but just so you know.

As for the rest everything works fine!

Thank you.

Pitou!

New Feature Request: Filter according to 'at-least' ratings

as a user, you can select to see all tables of a given rating and above.

Example: if you choose to select all tables with 3 stars, then you will see all tables that you have rated with 3 stars, 4 stars and 5 stars but not the tables with only 1 or 2 stars.

This way, i could have all of my tables configured in the PinballX table set, even those with only one star and which i usually do not play, and this way i dont have to tediously scroll through all of my tables but usually restrict my self to all tables with a rating of 3 or better. This filter choice should be saved permanently in the settings.

I was referred to this section to make a feature request. I read several pages and noticed that gStAv has already submitted the request:

"The files I made have a lenght of 35sec, after that it's silent, although the video might loop the table audio does not. maybe an option of table audio looping would be cool for some?"

I'd just like to second it.... Thanks for a FANTASTIC program!

• 2 weeks later...

It would be very useful to be able to define buttons to scroll through the Categories/Groups directly. So left / right scroll within category (i.e. select table or game), up / down next category (i.e. Visual Pinball Group, Future Pinball Group, MAME Group etc...).

Hi

Would it be possible to have custom System Logos for AlternativeExe settings?

I originally setup seperate systems for VP, VPX and PhysMod5 tables. This was before I knew AlternativeExe in the xml was possible. However it did mean I could have a custom System logo for each system and see from within PinballX which program each table would run in (very handy when I have duplicates, like a VP9 and a VPX implementation of the same table).

However, doing this was resulting in a bugs with the highscores not saving as the NVRam wasn't saving properly when my custom systems were exiting.

So I found out about AlternativeEXE and now i've setup a single XML file for Visual Pinball that contains all my VP9, PhysMod and VPX tables. Now NVRam is saving fine. However now I can only have 1 system underlay and system logo.

It would be great to be able to name a system logo/underlay the same as the AlternativeEXE and have that load up instead.

-Iain

I'm talking about the other thread where you pointed me to the alternativeExe 

When I setup VPX and VPPhysMod5 as new systems, NVRam was never saving (I assume because it was killing the exe incorrectly), it does now i'm using alternativeExe and having just 1 VP system

Ah. I just did an experiment and think I found out the issue I made. when I setup the extra systems for VPX and PhysMod5, I filled out the "process to monitor"...so I suspect the process was being killed before the NVRam was being written too properly?

I've just made a new PhysMod5 system with the process to monitor blank, and think that is working now....My Bad.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Tom.

I have seen that certain VP99 and VPX table failures that fail to open with double click when using external dmd on monitor, if we first open VP994 or VPX10.3, load the table and give the play, no longer fail and it can Play with the external dmd instead of having to put VPinMAME for those tables.

In others it is solved by changing the B2S mode. But I think it would be good if PinballX used this opening system for all executables since it is safer.

For 994 I have just changed the database's alternateexe and open them all well, except for those specific cases that tell you and that fail externally.

On the other hand I have seen in the new version, folders for backglass, dmd, audio, etc, directly on media folder, in addition to the systems.

I thought they were to avoid duplicates and triplicates of equal medias of the recreations, but I've moved there Visual medias and do not find them, I guess either it's not yet ready or that those folders are for something else, like some start menu With lis systems or something. I searched for information, but I do not see any topic on the web.

Might it be possible to have an adjustment for browsing speed? Im speaking to when you hold down a button (my Pincab right flipper), the speed at which the various available tables move by on the screen. Currently, it appears they fly by so fast you can quickly go to a specific point on down if you have a ton of tables.

A simple adjustment to this browsing speed when the button is held so I can clearly make out the tables as they go by and I can more easily reach the table I am looking to play.

Thanks

Bill

• Like 1

HI Tom,

thanks again for the great topper add on, I still have to integrate lots of topperes in my system.

Do you think it is possible, to enhance PX to more than 4 Monitors? I think, I saw the option t tell the system to display the topper on Mon4 or 5.

I am still dreaming of the 5th and 6th monotor, to display the score- and playcards. As I swa, there is a guy, who integrated 2 7 inch monitors, to display score- and playcards. By now, it only works somehow in Pinball FX2, but it would be great to have this working with Pinball X.

If you want, I could also be the beta tester, I allready have 2 grafic cards in my system, so it shouldnt be a problem to test the setup.

I added some some pictures of his cab, to show you how it is realised.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-15 um 20.08.43.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-15 um 20.08.54.png

Greetings Kellogs

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-15 um 20.16.41.png

9 hours ago, Wob said:

Hi,

Just wondering if there is anyway to see what requests are being considered?

Regards,

Wob

That would be a Tom thing for certain. Usually we do not know until he releases a new version.

• Like 1