All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

stigzler

Evening.

As part of another project, I needed a GUI ini/cfg editor in which you could use standard windows type controls (dropdowns, colour pickers etc) to set key values. Not many out there, so had to make one.

This allows you to view and edit ini/cfg files more easily than using notepad etc. It also allows you to construct schema/template files for inis. Full command line support - so people developing their own apps can integrate it. Dunno if it may prove useful to anyone.

On the advice of the wise, bit the bullet and plunged into Visual Basic. My first forray, so likely some runtime bugs. Just post any bugs on the codeplex site and I shall endeavor to correct...

Some screenies:

post-14176-0-23154100-1421363399_thumb.ppost-14176-0-06348600-1421363408_thumb.ppost-14176-0-01246500-1421363415_thumb.p

To get a feel for the basic utilization, just drag and drop any emulator ini's or cfg's onto the IniRedit.exe.

You can download it here:

https://iniredit.codeplex.com/

• Like 2

Well, yeah - it feels like going from cheap ferrous C90s to CD to be honest! Lot to learn and only scratched the surface, but seems very versatile and lot less painless than batch.

However... difficulty is gotta go back to batch now - was coding a project in batch + hit brick wall which necessitated the above. Now got that sorted - too far into the batch scripting on previous project to back-out/recode in vb - so back to batch scripting in notepad++ and command line.

It hurts... awfully.....

Thanks to you guys for the reccs. Oh, and db features (online and local) are available in VisStudio Express. Very kind of M$ that!

:)