All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx and KODI formerly knows as XBMC

mat-industries

Hi, i am new with gameex, and i want to install the plugin to kodi (xbmc).

I habe tryed the installer, and also the xbmc script, that if found in this Forum, but it do not work.

I want first get the plugin to run in xbmc befor i purcase the full product, cause this is absolutly important for me.

Has anybody get gameex running in kodi ????

Thanks for your Support, best regards, Martin.

Hi Martin and Welcome to the GameEx forums!

To be honest, I'm not sure whether Tom has had much opportunity to play with Kodi, being that it was only recently released and the ongoing work for Evolution is extremely time consuming. I can confirm that the GameEx plugin works in XBMC 13.2 Gotham as that's what I still use. It's possible that changes to the Kodi/XBMC codebase have had an impact to the functionality of the plugin.

I'll probably be making the jump to Kodi sometime within the next couple of weeks, so I'll be sure to take a look to see what's going on with the plugin (unfortunately it seems that XBMC has had the habit of devouring most of the artwork in my sizeable music library upon subsequent version upgrades, so I haven't exactly been chomping at the bit to update quite yet, at least not until I have some time set aside for duplication of effort ... again)

Hi Martin and Welcome to the GameEx forums!

To be honest, I'm not sure whether Tom has had much opportunity to play with Kodi, being that it was only recently released and the ongoing work for Evolution is extremely time consuming. I can confirm that the GameEx plugin works in XBMC 13.2 Gotham as that's what I still use. It's possible that changes to the Kodi/XBMC codebase have had an impact to the functionality of the plugin.

I'll probably be making the jump to Kodi sometime within the next couple of weeks, so I'll be sure to take a look to see what's going on with the plugin (unfortunately it seems that XBMC has had the habit of devouring most of the artwork in my sizeable music library upon subsequent version upgrades, so I haven't exactly been chomping at the bit to update quite yet, at least not until I have some time set aside for duplication of effort ... again)

try Plex nullpointer, believe they have a xbmc plugin, deals with metadata so much better. This is coming from a xbmc fanboy convert now :D

• Like 2

Hmm ... you bring up an excellent point. I actually tried Plex quite a while back, and enjoyed it greatly. Among other things the robust DLNA features in Plex are much more in keeping with my needs (i'm also a Serviio user, so the possibility of combining my Media center apps is intriguing). At the time I stuck with XBMC because I knew the ins and outs a bit better, and the library management features were more familiar. But ... this was before XBMC decided it had a voracious appetite for my music library (primarily artist) artwork. It may be high time i take another look at Plex! Thanks for the reminder Shermo!

I like XBMC on my X-Box (original) in every way, kind of GameEx replacement for me :D and it has very nice plugins, that I miss on the PC-Version . But on the PC, I like only the nice presentation of the media-library and it would be so nice to have that features INSIDE of GameEx, like the automatic Mdb and Imdb stuff for movies and the automatic posterart download for the movies, but I think thats not easy to do and I would rather see Evolution in complete status ;) .

I like XBMC on my X-Box (original) in every way, kind of GameEx replacement for me :D and it has very nice plugins, that I miss on the PC-Version . But on the PC, I like only the nice presentation of the media-library and it would be so nice to have that features INSIDE of GameEx, like the automatic Mdb and Imdb stuff for movies and the automatic posterart download for the movies, but I think thats not easy to do and I would rather see Evolution in complete status ;) .

Sounds like a Features and Enhancement request. The OP for this thread was noting the existing plugin for XBMC to load GameEx was not working, Hopefully he will report back with success after loading 14.1.

Actually GameEx goes some way to pull movie info, box art, ratings and descriptions already. I will be adding more database features for movies but yeah obviously its just me doing this and I can't compete with all the resources XBMC has at its fingertips. I also have to be more careful with licensing codecs etc. as I am not backed by the free software foundation!.

I have installed 14.1 and have the latest version of Kodi (Helix) installed and attempted to load the GameEx plugin, however, I get a an "error! Script failed!: GameEx" prompt. The version shows as 1.

Actually GameEx goes some way to pull movie info, box art, ratings and descriptions already. I will be adding more database features for movies but yeah obviously its just me doing this and I can't compete with all the resources XBMC has at its fingertips. I also have to be more careful with licensing codecs etc. as I am not backed by the free software foundation!.

How that??? I tried a lot with GameEx and my own HD movie library and it didnt work. Also I fully understand the problems that can occure with license stuff (my own project comes to my mind :(:) ). Its not that I dont like XBMC (or Plex) but the PC version of it, is not that cool and customizeable like the X-Box version, which also has a lot more plugins that are great. IMHO there are worlds between those versions. Sadly a X-Box cant play HD movies, at least not a "normal" one ;) .

I dont want to hijack this thread or upset the OP, I would be happy enough if a movie description would show up in GameEx and it is just a wish, not a must have. I have maximum respect for your (or Ben, or any other contributing GameEx member) allready done work. Time to go to the Feature-Thread :D .

It does definitely work. There is a Kodi log file in your roaming app data folder. You will need to post it.

It does indeed work!

19:41:09 T:3400 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--

19:41:10 T:3400 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--

- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type:

Error Contents: [Error 740] The requested operation requires elevation

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.gameex\addon.py", line 17, in

plugin.Main()

File "C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.gameex\resources\lib\gameex_plugin.py", line 58, in __init__

startproc = subprocess_hack.Popen(r'%s %s' % (ap, arguments), cwd=apppath, startupinfo=info)

File "C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.gameex\resources\lib\subprocess_hack.py", line 544, in __init__

errread, errwrite)

File "C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.gameex\resources\lib\subprocess_hack.py", line 707, in _execute_child

startupinfo)

WindowsError: [Error 740] The requested operation requires elevation

-->End of Python script error report<--

19:41:10 T:3024 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.GameEx/

19:41:10 T:3024 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.GameEx/) failed

I had forgotten to change Kodi under Properties>Compatibility to run as Administrator. Once I reviewed the log and saw the "The requested opertation requires elevation" in the log file under C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Kodi I made the change and it ran like a champ!

Thanks once again! Hopefully this will be helpful for the OP in further troubleshooting any errors he is encountering.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I read a lot of exciting news about integrating with Kodi. I Installed Game-ex on my new installed windows 7 system. First installed Kodi, then the latest Game-ex. But i did not appear in the menu of kodi. How should i handle this this?

Thankyou!