All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Tapatalk change

MNMax21

Yeah things are looking up again with this latest update, although I totally do agree regarding the ads. You can bet that the updated TOS that came packaged with the latest update specified an opt-in for ad based content. Yuck. I'd rather just drop a couple bucks on the app itself rather than have to put up with the ads. Money talks I guess, and I imagine ad revenue probably generates a higher profit margin than app purchases.

• 1 month later...

Now I hate it again! How can you get rid of those newly introduced unread messages without actually reading them? I mean I followed them, but I don't want that ugly red number on the icon only because I don't read everything the first second. Is there a way to mark all read? IPhone here...

I was getting ready to finally give this a try, as it seemed to be getting a little more love with these latest releases, but seemingly the love / hate relationship persists.

Yeah, I've been pleased with some of the latest changes, as they seem to have reached some middle ground between 'old functionality' and 'new eye candy'. One thing that was recently reinstated is that unread posts are no longer immediately removed from your Unread Posts. I like that because sometimes you need to mull over a post before responding, so it's nice to be able to return back to it. AFAIC it's still the best mobile forum reader app (not that there's much competition here).

It is noteworthy that the iPhone users usually get updates before Androd folks, and this Unread Posts icon notification sounds like it could be annoying. (FWIW you can mark all unread posts as read from the menu, but that might be of questionable value in terms of actually keeping up with unread posts)

• Like 1

OK it seams after mark everything as read in every forum the icon notification disappears. It just took a little while and wasn't instantly. Maybe database needed to be synchronize first.

Still it would be nice to have a kill switch for that feature

• 1 month later...

Ahhh since the new update the seemingly random app crashes are back. Two steps forward, 8 miles back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...