All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

nulldc and bin/cue issues...

ETD001

Setting up my Dreamcast, cdi works fine, however I have a number that are bin/cue. From what I've read most people convert them to cdi format. I've got disc juggler and have tried mounting the bin/cue to a virtual drive using daemon tools lite and burning to cdi. However the images don't come out right. They seem to load up but the sega screen goes to the rotating cd screen. Is there a link that maybe address's this? Maybe the settings in disk Juggler aren't right.

Thanks in advance.

What does? nullDC or Daemon Tools?

I'm asking if you can mount an image to a virtual drive and then play it on nullDC after it's mounted.

Sorry, I should be more specific.

When trying to load a bin/cue with null dc It doesn't work, I typically get an error in the back ground saying that the plugin (I believe it's the disk reading plugin) fails.

So I was trying to convert the bin/cue to cdi format. However I haven't had much luck converting them. At best the image loads but doesn't boot to the game. It goes to a generic cd spinning screen.

I'm unfamiliar with this emulator, I'll admit. But can you point it at your virtual drive and then load games direct from the disc?

Pointing it to the virtual drive with a cue/bin mounted just takes me to the music player with the spinning dreamcast disk.Mounting a known working .cdi image to the virtual drive and pointing to it crashes the emulator. Pointing to the same .cdi image directly without using the virtual drive works fine.