All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[Final] Christmas Comp 2014 [PC]

GimmeClassics

christmas_banner3.png

.......The Christmas Comp 2014 will run from December 1st until December 26th, 2014.......

Overall High Score Leaderboard
POSITIONUSER NAMETOTAL SCORE
1GimmeClassics300

Last Updated: 12-27-2014

### GimmeClassics has won Christmas Comp 2014 ###

Christmas is about spending time with family and friends, decorating your tree, playing Christmas music in the background while unwrapping your presents.....

.....but there's nothing like a fun contest to get you in the Christmas spirit !!

This year's edition is very special ! All 3 Christmas games have been created by our member - Sokurah ! All of his (PC) games are freely available. To show our appreciation for someone who has contributed so many cool games to our community we are proud to present this year's Christmas games :) Have fun everybody !

[Click on the individual game banners for additional info, installation instructions and game settings]

snowman_banner.gif

nbc_banner.gif

buggerman_banner.gif

Note: Sokurah has created all of his games in his spare time and they're all free. Generous as Sokurah is he doesn't like to charge money for his games. Nevertheless, if you enjoy his games and would like to make a donation to show your appreciation then you can by going to his website and press the Donate button (right side panel).

*** Competition rules ***

* Please submit a screenshot of your hi-score screen as a reply to this thread; simply hit PrintScreen to take a snapshot

[Dropbox is recommended > no need to paste and save your image. Hit Prtscr and your snap is automatically saved in your Dropbox folder and ready for upload]
* All submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM on December 26th || Countdown link
* You're allowed to submit as many hi-scores as you want. Your personal best score on each game will be shown in the individual Hi-Score Tables (scroll down below). You can check - at any moment - your leaderboard total by simply adding up the individual points of your current hi-score game positions (10th place = 10 points followed by increments of 10 points // 1st place = 100 points)
* For game settings please scroll down below or have a look at each individual game post
* Be honorable and play with no cheats !!

-------
* Thank you Draco for creating the Comp Banner. And a big thank you to Sokurah for his amazing games !

• Like 2

snowman_banner.gif

The Snowman Leaderboard
1GimmeClassics26,410 :link:

Last Updated: 12-07-2014

Game Info:
In this game your task is to build a snowman and make sure it doesnt melt. To complete a snowman you have to play through 4 screens. Then you get a new background and a new snowman to build. The game has 4 different backgrounds which makes the total number of screens 16 after which then loops back to the beginning, but as easy as it is it wont be easy to get that far !

Game settings:
Normal Difficulty (default)

Game installation:

You can download the game from here
Unpack the files into a folder and run the EXE file (thats the one with a snowman icon).
Optional: delete the file settings.dat to reset scores and settings. Then use the in-game menu to select new settings.

You can change the resolution or play the game in full screen by changing the in-game settings.

nbc_banner.gif

The Night Before Christmas Leaderboard
1GimmeClassics129,000 :link:

Last Updated: 12-02-2014

Game Info:

'The Night Before Christmas' is an original retro-inspired Christmas game where the object of the game is to collect presents and put them under the Christmas tree. But that's not all - you also have to make sure not too many kids are awake at the same time !

Game settings:
There's one difficulty setting. No need to change anything.

Game installation:

Unpack the ZIP file and you’ll end up with a folder called ‘The Night Before Christmas’ that contains the game files. Run the file with the Santa-icon to run the game.
Optional: delete the file ‘settings.dat’ to reset scores and settings. Then use the in-game menu to select new settings.

You can change the resolution or play the game in full screen by changing the in-game settings.

buggerman_banner.gif

Buggerman: The Xmas Heist Leaderboard
1GimmeClassics2,500 :link:

Last Updated: 12-27-2014

Game Info:

In ‘Buggerman’ you play the creature, Buggerman, an evil anti-Christmas
creature, on a mission to steal all the gifts from Santa’s HQ. It’s a platform
action game and a remake of the classic arcade game, Bagman !

Game settings:
Normal Difficulty

Game installation:
Unpack the ZIP file and you’ll end up with a folder called ‘Buggerman’ that contains the game files.
Run the executable file to run the game.

Optional: delete the file ‘settings.dat’ to reset scores and settings. Then use the in-game menu to select new settings.

My first attempt at The Snowman :) ....I need some practice but I'll definitely try to improve my score !

A very nice game Sokurah ! I really enjoy it. Nice graphics and a nice pace of gameplay ! December will be loads of fun B)

Score: 5,810

TIP > make sure to change the default "Noname" to your initials / name using the Settings Menu. My initials are not visible at the snapshot because I haven't been able to beat 38,300 points...yet ;)

post-10451-0-44934700-1417538544_thumb.p

Updated OP, DB, RSS

My first attempt at The Nightmare Before Christmas !

Score: 129,000

TIP > make sure to change the default "Noname" to your initials / name using the Settings Menu. My initials are not visible at the snapshot because I haven´t been able to beat 156,800 points.

post-10451-0-39718300-1417541450_thumb.p

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• 3 weeks later...

Our Christmas Comp 2014 has ended !

....and the winner is.....GimmeClassics a.k.a. GC a.k.a. Dennis :)

It sure was a....

flawless-victory.jpg?w=418

I hope we'll be able to generate more interest in our Christmas Comp next year ;)

I'd like to thank Sokurah again for his great games and recommend everyone to try them out ! I absolutely enjoyed playing them B) and I'll make sure to follow his new projects :)

~ GC / HS Team

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, to everyone who played - thank you.

Personally I feel that my Christmas games are some of my weaker games. The quality is there - codingwise (imho) - but the gameplay is perhaps a bit too easy. So yeah - if you like what you've seen here - codingwise - then you should really take a look at some of my other games. Some of them will definitely put sweat on your brow. :D

• Like 4

I very much enjoyed your Christmas games and I'll make sure to have a look at your other games :)

I'll definitely have a look at "Omega Race 2009" which was chosen as Remake of the Month by Retro Gamer Magazine. Fortunately there is one shop in my hometown which sells this amazing magazine :) It's very cool that your game was mentioned in this magazine a few years ago B)

I actually love Omega Race 2009 myself too - I think it's one of my best games. Very playable and perfectly balanced so I'm happy that it was selected as GOTM in RG. I've had a few games in there as well...including two interviews too. I wonder if I'll ever get in there again...but if I don't then I can at least say that I've had my 15 minutes. :lol:

• Like 1