All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

New GameEx Online Feature - Remote Assistance

Tom Speirs

Ive just added a new feature to GameEx Online - http://online.gameex.com

It will allow you to send out an invitation for another user (here) to access your GameEx Online account. This will allow them to help you with settings and use GameEx Online as if they were you for 6 hours.

You access the feature after clicking settings.

Please help me test and feel free to send an invitation out to me for testing (tspeirs).

I hope you like it.

I am at work and unable to send an invite out to anyone to see the functionality from that end. Is it possible for the user to cancel an invitation request prior to the 6 hour auto-expiration?

I know that, for myself, if I am sharing my system with someone, I don't necessarily want them to have access to it beyond the time needed for someone to look at it. If I am requesting assistance, having a "kill switch" for the invite is essential.

• Like 1

You like giving me work don't you! Again I don't see much value in making it more complicated for the user and its not equivalent to or like remote desktop. Its not the same thing. All the user has to do is exit pinballx or gameex.

I certainly do! :) Seriously, I am not trying to create more work for you, but at the same time, being able to expire the invite myself is a good selling feature for this capability. If I should fat-finger an invite to the wrong person, knowing I can kill the invite gives a little more peace of mind.

• Like 1

Now that IS a genius feature! Seriously progressive and community-based. Love it. Should also cut down on those "please post your log files" requests too!

Now got a bit more time - gonna update GE and check out and muck in with all the new GE online stuff.

Great dev

• Like 1