All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Custom Graphic Printing - Coming Soon!

naborneo

Hey everyone, it's been quite awhile, for people that recognize me!

I just wanted to let everyone know here first, that the company I work for is letting me do non-project base printing with our equipment.

What that means for you, is that we can now print custom graphics for you and your arcade cabinet project or other projects.

Not only can we print the graphics but we can also cut them, so as long as you send us a vector file we can pre-cut all your art for you.

We can do:

Digital printed vinyl on Photo-Gloss, Matte, or Matt Textured

Backlit Film

Backlit frosted acrylic

Clear Acrylic

Banners... everyone needs a banner!

and so much more! (This is only the things I can think of specific to Arcade Cabinets)

We have a 61" roll feed printer and a 64" flatbed printer up to 2" thickness material. So their is almost nothing we can't print on to.

Anyway the reason I'm posting this here FIRST, is I would love to get question and comments about all this. What you would like to see as far as availability and anything I haven't thought of yet.

I will be giving away TWO(2) free print jobs as a test run for some lucky members here. To help show what's possible.

Finally, this is all being said as long as Tom doesn't have an issue with any of the above, I don't want to step on any toes or violate a TOS that I missed.

So let the questions fly, this community has been great to me in the past and I'd love to help out some of the members here and that is why I'm starting here first!

• Like 2

Man, if I didn't already have a friend that owns a sign/vehicle wrap business I would be all over this!

Well I probably can't beat his prices, but thanks for the enthusiasm.

I'm excited to start doing this, because we're a project base shop, we have never actually "sold" Printed Goods, we "rent" them to our clients. But we will work for a week straight and then nothing for two weeks, might as well fill the time with cool print jobs from interesting people.

Truth is I trade computer work for printing, so I don't pay anything. ;)

He just got his router installed so i'll be skinning my laptop once I come up with a design I'm satisfied with. :)

Truth is I trade computer work for printing, so I don't pay anything. ;)

He just got his router installed so i'll be skinning my laptop once I come up with a design I'm satisfied with. :)

That's awesome, they are fun, I'm guessing your talking about a vinyl cutter? We bought one recently as well, fun time. We also have two CNC routers for routing out material such as wood, plexiglass, acrylic, aluminum and PVC board.... But we're gonna start this new endeavor with just printing first :)

I spent many years in the commercial offset side of printing, and I look forward to seeing some of your work. I'm going for the less is more thing, and may have one area for a graphic, and if so, don't be surprised to hear from me.

Can't wait to see what your working on, I'm all for the clean look, but if there is something you think I can help with, let us know.

Hey naborneo, I'm wondering some pretty basic questions... Mainly because I'm not too up on the lingo. Would you be doing side art, marquees, kick plates and bezels? I got my artwork awhile back before I really knew what I was doing. My bezel has like 100 marquees on it in a collage type thing. I thought it looked cool, but it just looks messy on my machine. I then found out that a large majority of games have a bezel that shows up on the screen, like pacman, dig dug, etc. when the bezel art is up and next to the bezel I have, it just looks ridiculous. I followed the same thing with my marquee and that's messy. Does the backlit film mean marquee?

Any limits or suggestions on clarity for the artwork?

If we do get the artwork, is there somewhere that you can accept photos of the finished product so you can get some positive feedback?

How can I enter my name for the possibility of being one of the lucky two who get free artwork?

If I don't get lucky, what are you thinking for pricing options for the artwork? I steered away from www.gameonGrafix.com for the custom side art because the price seemed steep and you'd be supplying the art.

Would you be okay with us using any of the artwork you created earlier. I really specifically liked the console games one. I'd like to have artwork that portrayed the versatility of the machine. It's not just an arcade sort of speak, but an emulator.

Thanks and sounds cool. Hopefully it goes great!

Hey Max, thanks for questions, lets see what we can do here:

Would you be doing side art, marquees, kick plates and bezels?

We will be doing all of the above; the way we're accomplishing this, is that we will have a Cost-Per-Square Foot. That's it.

Depending on the material you want to use and the size you would like it to be, will determine what we print.

Their won't be a bezel graphic or a side art, just pick your material and pick your general size.

I got my artwork awhile back before I really knew what I was doing. My bezel has like 100 marquees on it in a collage type thing. I thought it looked cool, but it just looks messy on my machine. I then found out that a large majority of games have a bezel that shows up on the screen, like pacman, dig dug, etc. when the bezel art is up and next to the bezel I have, it just looks ridiculous.

I'm sure you know this, but in the MAME options you can turn off the video bezels in the video settings.

We will do our best to help you get your best graphic possible and help choice the right material for the job, as you said, you (and most people) don't know the in's and outs of the lingo, that's what I'm here to help with.

One item(service) we will be adding as well, is a Designer Proof Service. We want you guys to be the real creative force here, but we will be adding a Service if you choose to have a designer personally go threw your graphic before printing to really check that everything will be just as you see it on your screen. Now this isn't to say we will just print a big white graphic if you send us a bad file and don't chose the "Service" add on, it's just their for the people that would benefit from the extra help.

Does the backlit film mean marquee?

This can mean Marquee, yes.

We have many material that can be use for a Marquee, such as; Backlit Film, this is a flexible white translucent plastic that can be printed on. We also have Clear Acrylic, this is an 1/8" thick piece of ridged material that is clear which may be printed to, Along with White Translucent Acrylic, which is the same without being completely clear. This is what you see most outdoor white signs you see are printed on.

Any limits or suggestions on clarity for the artwork?

When we print large graphic like this, we love vector graphics. True vector graphics can be scales from the size of a quarter to the side of a building and never lose the quality of the print. These files are usually created in Adobe Illustrator. Now unfortunately, life it's that lucky, and things like photos can not become a vector graphic, so the next saving-grace resolution is 300dpi/ppi. At this resolution, you do not see pixels, this is what we'll call "Photo Quality". 150dpi/ppi is our half way point, you "might" start seeing pixelation in your print, but not enough to really cause any issues. 72dpi/ppi is a last resort, This standard came up because it was the quality of most monitors at the time, if your using web graphics, their coming in at this resolution. The higher quality is always better, and I can't stress this enough, view your design at 100%, don't just look at is small so it's only the size of your screen. Realize that most modern monitors are 1920 pixels across, a 300dpi 36 inch width graphic has 10,800 pixels across, that's almost 6x the amount of pixels. What might look good on your screen, might look funny blown up.

If we do get the artwork, is there somewhere that you can accept photos of the finished product so you can get some positive feedback?

I would absolutely love to do this, and hadn't even thought of it, nothing helps me sell then showing what all of you have done with it. Thanks for the great idea.

How can I enter my name for the possibility of being one of the lucky two who get free artwork?

Right now we are in early talks of all of this, as soon as the store is complete and ready for testing I will send out another informing everyone, but my goal was to have the store up by the New Year, so as long as that stays on target, sooner rather then later.

If I don't get lucky, what are you thinking for pricing options for the artwork? I steered away from www.gameonGrafix.com for the custom side art because the price seemed steep and you'd be supplying the art.

We have begun figuring out pricing for all of this, but have not decided on a final cost yet. I will say we will make it very competitive with other services out there.

As I said above, we are just looking at material used (square feet). I'm not going to charge differently based on the side of a cabinet or the bezel, material is material, you pay for what you use.

Would you be okay with us using any of the artwork you created earlier. I really specifically liked the console games one. I'd like to have artwork that portrayed the versatility of the machine. It's not just an arcade sort of speak, but an emulator.

Go for it! That was something that I did for myself, but also for the users of the forum. I love what Tom and the rest of the Contributors have done with this great piece of software, it was the least I could do to give back.

Thanks and sounds cool. Hopefully it goes great!

Thanks for the great questions, I hope these answers get you as excited for this as I am, and I hope this helps out other on the forum as well.

As for a quick update: I'm attempting before the Thanksgiving break to print samples of all the different materials we are thinking of using. We'll do some nice photographs so you can get a better idea of all we're working on.

I will have more updates soon, hopefully a big one about an added service, but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up yet, including my own.

Take Care!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I just came across this thread ( I think it was meant to be) after a long time working on my first cab I finally got all the kinks worked out and am ready to make her pretty. Any eta on when your services will be available? I would much rather give the money to a member of this community than someone I don't know. Not that I know you but I have read your posts and have seen your work so I can tell you have a strong work ethic and your finished products are amazing. I know it can be difficult to finish up all the details when starting up a new service or project for work especially with the holidays so close but I do hope you get things up and running soon. I've been dying to get some artwork on my baby and the fact that I have a clear Plexiglas marquee is killing me. Looking forward to see what you have to offer.

Thanks

Hi I just came across this thread ( I think it was meant to be) after a long time working on my first cab I finally got all the kinks worked out and am ready to make her pretty. Any eta on when your services will be available? I would much rather give the money to a member of this community than someone I don't know. Not that I know you but I have read your posts and have seen your work so I can tell you have a strong work ethic and your finished products are amazing. I know it can be difficult to finish up all the details when starting up a new service or project for work especially with the holidays so close but I do hope you get things up and running soon. I've been dying to get some artwork on my baby and the fact that I have a clear Plexiglas marquee is killing me. Looking forward to see what you have to offer.

Thanks

Hey ty!

I'm doing my best to get this up and going for the new year... I'll give you a quick update, I've been getting together with some of our material reps and trying to find the best quality material for "your" needs. One thing I'm really trying to find is an alternative to the classic vinyl wrap. This is what you will most likely see on cabinets, but as someone who does vinyl wrapping on a weekly basest, it's a pain to do it well and do it right. I don't want you guys to spend money on something that can so easily be messed up. (So to the point) I'm looking for a new adhesion material that lays much easier for someone that doesn't lay graphics for a living.

So at the moment that's my first goal, is find the material and I'm gonna show you guys them. I want this to be as transparent as possible, I'll show you the pros and cons of all of it so you know what your getting yourself into.

So I'm taking off the last two weeks of the year, which will give me plenty of time to get things organized... Hopefully with the holidays coming, this week will be slow and I can take some photos and do some test prints.

As soon as I getting going though, I'll get some sneak-peak shots out to all the gameex fans here.

Thanks for the interest Ty, can't wait to show you and the rest what we have in store!

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
13 hours ago, benny32 said:

Sorry for the necro on a super old thread but I was wondering if you guys are still doing this?

So some life-events have happened since this, but we should definitely talk if you are interested in some artwork to be printed.

Feel free to PM me and we can work something out.