All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Danmaku/ Bullet Hell Comp

DazzleHP

4 members have voted

1. 1. Danmaku/Bullet Hell Comp?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not bothered

So, being the bullet hell fan that i am, i was wondering if an ongoing comp with said theme would interest you guys? It would most likely follow the same procedure as the BWRP thread, but with many titles that potentially most of you have never heard of. There might be a couple of Touhou's thrown in for good measure too.

All titles will be PC based so therefor should be accessible to pretty much everyone! Is this something you would like to see happen? Or should i just keep living in my own fantasy (which i'm fine with btw) :P

Let me know via votes, comments or both :)

So, being the bullet hell fan that i am, i was wondering if an ongoing comp with said theme would interest you guys? It would most likely follow the same procedure as the BWRP thread, but with many titles that potentially most of you have never heard of. There might be a couple of Touhou's thrown in for good measure too.

All titles will be PC based so therefor should be accessible to pretty much everyone! Is this something you would like to see happen? Or should i just keep living in my own fantasy (which i'm fine with btw) :P

Let me know via votes, comments or both :)

Sounds cool my fellow Mod... B)

I'm absolutely a beginner at these type of games but I love to be introduced to new games and try and become better at it :)

Of course I've voted "Yes" and I hope your fantasy will become reality ;)

~ GC

• Like 1

Sounds cool my fellow Mod... B)

I'm absolutely a beginner at these type of games but I love to be introduced to new games and try and become better at it :)

Of course I've voted "Yes" and I hope your fantasy will become reality ;)

~ GC

Hopefully i'll get some more votes or comments so i can seriously start thinking about putting it in to motion :) I have some corkers up my sleeve, but it's gotta be worth it. Know what i mean?

Hopefully i'll get some more votes or comments so i can seriously start thinking about putting it in to motion :) I have some corkers up my sleeve, but it's gotta be worth it. Know what i mean?

Yep. I totally understand what you're saying :) ...perhaps you could post a little teaser of one of those amazing games you're planning to add to this competition ? B)

I immediately confused this with Bullet Storm, oops! :blush:

Soooo, this is obviously something I'm not familiar with....

Perhaps i should expand my explanation :)

It would be an ongoing competition much like our official contest. But with bullet hell/danmaku shoot'em ups available on the PC - in other words will be installable, and playable without an emulator. I would probably choose a few that are both somewhat rare but at the same time available through a platform such as Steam - like eXceed 3rd, and Ether Vapor for example. And likely some interesting freebies that the general public are not aware of. The goal is to get a nice shoot'em up competition going, which is accessible to most everyone :)

Here are a couple that could possibly make it in:

I have many more up my sleeve! ;)

• Like 2

I'll be the first to admit, I'm not an experienced shmupper, but that End Effector has a somewhat unique twist, to which I'm "not" accustomed to relating this genre too.

<first speeling, now I miss werds, 8)>

Edited by tthurman
  • Like 1

that End Effector has a somewhat unique twist, to which I'm accustomed to relating this genre too.

Yes, it does and it probably wasn't the best vid to show it off :P But many of the titles i will showcase will have something similar, a unique mechanic or a great scoring mechanism. I know my stuff ;)

• Like 1