All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[Resolved] Trying to get a cleaner Mame list

RedDog

I currently have the "No Bracketed Text" parameter under the Advance MAME Settings set to Yes. However, the MAME lists still have game names that contain bracketed text. Are there cache files for MAME that I can reset?

Also, I was curious if there was somewhere in the GameEx folder that saves the list of Mame games that will be displayed for the "All MAME Games", "MAME Multiplayer Games", "Last MAME Game", and the other MAME lists. I did not find anything obvious. I am also considering switching over to using the emulator setup and map files so I can have more control over the lists. I am just not sure if I want to put in that work yet or not.

I also attached my current GameEx.ini file in case it is helpful.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

GameEx.ini

You know, it did not come to mind to update the list after confirming the parameters...so I updated the list and the extra 'stuff' in brackets and
parenthesesis is now gone. The list looks much better. Thank you good sir!

...and it looks like the gamelist.txt file in the CONFIG folder contains the list generated from the MAME Update List command, so I will tinker with that a bit.