All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] NukeLauncher - NukePA for (The Pinball Arcade)

time299

Not sure what your issue is, but here are my thoughts.

Name=The Pinball Arcade <-- this looks ok
WorkingPath=E:\PinBall\The Pinball Arcade <-- this looks ok if you are running a hacked version
Executable=NukePA.exe <-- this looks ok
Parameters="[TABLEFILE]" <-- this looks ok
Enabled=True <-- this looks ok
LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=E:\PinBall\The Pinball Arcade <-- This is wrong and not needed, where did you get this from?

LaunchBeforeExecutable=The Pinball Arcade.exe <-- This is wrong and not needed, where did you get this from?

LaunchBeforeWaitForExit=False <-- not needed
LaunchBeforeHideWindow=False <-- not needed?
LaunchBeforeEnabled=False <-- not needed

Here is an example from mine.

Name=Pinball Arcade
Enabled=True
WorkingPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
Executable=NukePA.exe
Parameters="[TABLEFILE]"
SystemType=0

Try running it from the command prompt and see if you can get it to run correctly.

See here on the documentation page. http://www.nukelauncher.com/item.asp?iid=33#CommandPrompt

Hope that helps,

Jeff / Time299

i used the command prompt with Attack From Mars

It loaded Pinball Arcade But that was it

I have iRotate set up the computer, I Tried 270 and 90 But did not Rotate?

This is my ini file now, I get the same error when using Pinballx , But I have it set (run as administrator > NukePA.exe)

Name=The Pinball Arcade
WorkingPath=E:\PinBall\The Pinball Arcade
Executable=NukePA.exe
Parameters="[TABLEFILE]"
Enabled=True
TablePath=
LaunchBeforeParameters=
LaunchAfterWorkingPath=
LaunchAfterExecutable=

Hey Outhere

1. Try pressing Ctrl+Alt+Left and then Ctrl+Alt+UP did this page rotate?

2. Can you post your NukePA.ini so we can take a look? Please use the attach a file option under "More Reply Options" in the forum, don't copy and paste into your post.

3. Can you post your Pinball Arcade.XML? same as above.

4. Tell us your file structure for PinballX and Pinball Arcade and your XML and where you put your NukePA files.

5. In Pinball Arcade what version are you using. Should show in the bottom right.

6. In Pinball Arcade What seasons do you own?

Did you get the error you first reported when you tried from the command line?

If not then one of your issues is that running NukePA from inside of PinballX is somehow not passing the table name to NukePA.

Try editing the values for NukePA from the C:\PinballX\Settings.exe program vs editing the PinballX.ini. In the setting program delete the quoted and then re type them. I know that sounds weird, but I have had that work even with the same settings.

Maybe if we know more we can help more.

Thanks,

Jeff / Time299

I gotta thank you for all of the help Jeff. You've done so much for all of us with PBFX2 and PBA to get it working. I do really appreciate it. I've had so much fun playing on my cabinet.

I hope that you'll be able to build your own cabinet soon. Hell, maybe others on the forum have parts laying around.

Great artwork too.... You HAVE been busy!

You are very welcome. I have had a blast doing it and it's been a labor of love. I was a arcade/pinball game tech in my youth and have spent countless hours cleaning and rebuilding real pinball machines over the years and now as an adult to be able to revisit tables I spent so much time with is nostalgic.

Thank you so much for the praise it really does make me feel good to know that I have helped someone. :)

I can't wait to have a cabinet someday, but money is very tight, so I wait. :( I have received some flasher LED's (Thank you carny-priest) and I have a iPac (Thank you frodus) on the way from donors, but still need everything else so yea donations and gifts are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks, all

Jeff / Time299

when using the command prompt, Everything works - rotates the screen loads Pinball Arcade picks out the correct game..

1-When I loaded PBX I get this error (you must run nukePA as administrator so we can launch Pinball Arcade) But I have set to run as administrator...

2-NukePA works like it should in PinBallx if I run nukePA.exe as administrator and in compatible mode using Windows XP service pack BUT I get asked (do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer)

Hey Outhere

What OS are you running? and what version?

Try re-downloading the NukePA.zip and replace your NukePA.exe with the one in the zip. Don't replace your NukePA.ini.

Open your NukePA.ini and replace the Version = 1.2 with Version = 1.3

No one else needs to do this only, Outhere

Also I never got a response to the other questions I asked

2. Can you post your NukePA.ini so we can take a look? Please use the attach a file option under "More Reply Options" in the forum, don't copy and paste into your post.

3. Can you post your Pinball Arcade.XML? same as above.

4. Tell us your file structure for PinballX and Pinball Arcade and your XML and where you put your NukePA files.

5. In Pinball Arcade what version are you using. Should show in the bottom right.

6. In Pinball Arcade What seasons do you own?

Jeff / Time299

I re-downloaded the NukePA.zip and replaced the NukePA.exe......That did the trick but that was it least the fourth time I've done that....

The fx2 version went to well, that's why I could not understand why I was having a problem.....Thanks for your help ---- Jeff....

Hey Outhere

Can you tell us what OS you are using? so if someone else runs into the same issue we know how to help them?

I made that version just for you. I removed the Run as Admin check from the code.

Not sure what is different about your system than everyone else. but I guess it doesn't matter now.

The only reason I put that check in the code was to make sure people were running it as Admin because it needs to be able to edit your NukePA.ini after the guessing engine try's to guess your table names and order them on the 1st run on NukePA.exe. But if you already have your "PinballTables =" value filled in then there is no need for the guessing engine to run.

Anyway, glad it's working.

Jeff / Time299

So for all you guys the timing is working?

It is so darn inconsistent on my rig.

One time it works one time it doesn't.

Could you post your timings and maybe a brief system specs like cpu, ram, hard-drive? Would be interesting to see what works for you...

That is a good idea I have two systems up and running currently and they pick all tables flawlessly every time, here are my system specks.
System 1
Brand / OS: Dell Inspiron Laptop - Windows 7 64Bit
CUP: Intel Core i7-3537U @ 2.00GHz
Memory: 8GB Ram
Video Card: Intel HD 4000 / NVidia GT 630M @ Screen 1 1360X768 Screen 2 1280X768
Hard Drive: Samsung Evo 840 250GB SSD
StartDelay = 2000 Note: If I use rotation I have to up this to 5000 and running steam version I add 1500 to both numbers
ScreenDelay = 900
MovementDelay = 10
System 2
Brand / OS: Self Built Desktop - Windows 7 64Bit
CUP: Intel Core I7 2600 @ 3.40GHz
Memory: 16GB Ram
Video Card: NVidia GTX 460 @ Screen 1 1360X768 Screen 2 1280X768
Hard Drive: WD 500GB Green
StartDelay = 12000 Note: If I use rotation I have to up this to 15000 and running steam version I add 3000 to both numbers
ScreenDelay = 1000
MovementDelay = 50

I have two other system I test with, but they are disassembled at the moment. However all numbered are about the same as System 2 because they are older systems with normal Hard Disks not SSD like my laytop.

Jeff / Time299

Finally spent some time setting this up. I have it mostly working.

• PinballX would hang when launching a table at first. Finally tracked this down to a hidden Windows "Do you trust the publisher" dialog. Once I answered that and checked "don't ask me again", things were good. I am running Windows 7.
  • Similar confusion with the 90 degrees vs. 270 that others have mentioned. Instructions say to use what PinballX is using, in my case that ended up flipping TPA 180 degrees the wrong way. Easy enough to fix.
  • I am not clear on how I signal to NukePA that I want to exit the table and go back to PinballX. I have never set up NukeFX2 so I might be missing something obvious. What specific key do I hit and do I need to be at a specific screen (Table running, the "start table screen" etc). If I hit the escape key, that seems to get directed to PinballX which pops back up to the foreground (orientation messed up) and TPA is still running -- because when I then exit PinballX I am back in TPA. Is there something in PinballX I need to set to not get the escape key sent to it? The ideal would be if I could hit a joystick key that is mapped to a button on my cabinet, but I would be okay with a keyboard key. Please advise about exiting.

If I can get the exit part working correctly, this will become a permanent part of my PinballX setup and would be happy to donate to the cause!

Thanks!

Matt

as stated before I am too lost when it comes to the EXIT program strategy.

All that button combinations go over my head. my contoller send out a button press, let's say "JB1". this can be recognized by pinballX as "JB1" natively. now I use x360ce to map "JB1" to a gamepad button like "X". Now fx2 can read this as "X". but I can use Xpadder to assign "JB1" to Keypress "ESC". This can be read by PinballX as "ESC" and "JB1", by fx2 as "ESC" and "X" an d by nukelauncher as "ESC". and so on...

so If you guys could be more precise which combination works for you?

I want to use one button to exit out off all programs, like fx2, tpa, VP, ...

so for VP you have to use the exitemulator key.

but for nukelauncher it is the wron one, because then the timer comes an pinballx goes to the wrong rotation, etc...

I wonder if pinballX reads both keyboard an joypad press when running a program like fx2? or only joypad?

real mess in my head. and so far I did't get it working for all cases.

EDIT: I think it is the fact that xpadder or the pinballX xpadder pluigin is not working correctly.

so no wonder that it won't exit when I press the button which I assignet to "ESC"... :(

also it seems it doesn't play well with the 6 sec exit timer of pinballX.

@Jeff: would it be possible for NukePA/FX to read joypad inputs directly? I have no ipac or keyboard, so the only way to send a keyboard input is with xpadder, which seems not to recognized correctly atm.

I think setup is trickier if you have a controller that emulates a joypad rather than a keyboard. The way I have managed this is to minimize conflicts by configuring each emulator/individual system to Exit on a button press rather than relying on PinballX to do it.

In PinballX.ini I have cleared the JoyCodes section except for what I need to navigate the menu wheel: left, right, select, pageleft, pageright.

fx2

I use antimicro (sort of an open-source xpadder) to only map my Exit button to Esc.

x360ce to map all other buttons. Do not attempt to map the Exit button to Back or whatever

tpa

At this point, I don't have much going on here. I've installed a single table as a placeholder, and I have my own custom AutoHotkey launcher. I have a script that maps my Exit button so that when it is pressed it kills the TPA process (Alt + F4). If you are running NukePA, it looks like there is a way to have it run an executable at launch. Here is where you can have a compiled AutoHotkey script that maps a joypad button press to perhaps whatever is assigned to KB_Escape in NukePA.ini.

vp

Normally within VP, Esc or a quit command brings up a dialog that will take you to the editor rather than exit out completely. It's hardcoded into VP. No way to change it. So, here, you do need PinballX to kill the process. In VP, Preferences, Keys - I have Override Default Layout checked and Disable ESC key unchecked. I forget what the default is, but that's how I have these two settings now.

I still retain the settings for KeyCodes in PinballX.ini. I have Exit Emulator set to the default, Q. I have a script that launches when PinballX starts that maps the Exit button press to q when VPPlayer is the active window. Takes a few seconds for the PinballX menu to come back, but it does work.

fp

works out of the box they way that you would want - go to Preferences, Game Keys and Controls, and map Exit Table to your Exit button.

• Like 1

Glad I am not the only one that finds it less than straightforward. :)

Carny_Priest, thanks for sharing some details of your setup, it is helpful. Gives me some ideas to try with my setup. If I am following, you don't have a mapping in PinballX to exit PinballX itself via your controller buttons/joystick emulator. Makes sense if you have to make choices about where it is supported. My goal is to make it family friendly within PinballX itself they don't care about exiting from PinballX so the same approach makes sense for me.

Looks like I will probably need to spend some time writing a couple of AHK scripts to map my controller/joypad emulation to have it behave consistently across programs.

Thanks!

Matt

Forgot to add -

fx2 - I am using NukeLauncher, and there the default in NukeLauncher.ini is KB_Escape = Esc. So that is where the connection is between antimicro and fx2. antimicro maps the joypad press to Esc. NukeLauncher is listening for Esc to close fx2. I have the option set to saveexit and on a joypad exit press, NukeLauncher moves fx2 to the main menu and makes a clean exit through the in-game menu, Very nice. It works (most of the time). As I don't have the joypad exit button mapped to anything in the PinballX settings there is no conflict there. I don't have the joypad exit button mapped to anything in x360ce, so no conflict there.

pinballx - once control passes back to PinballX, I can bring up the Exit/Shutdown menu through the joypad Exit. It is not really intentional, as you said, for guests there is no reason to get out of PinballX. Antimicro maps the joypad press to Esc and I still have Esc set up in the Keycodes section to Quit PinballX to Esc, which is the default.

And to add -

MAME - add your joypad button mappings through the MAME UI, Configure General Inputs. I believe the setting to exit out of MAME is UI Cancel.

SlamIt Pinball: Big Score - I have a script that maps the joypad Exit button to a subroutine that sends a series of keypresses that cleanly quits through the in-game menu. The app claims to support joysticks and you can even configure one in-game, but it doesn't appear to work. I mapped all by buttons using AutoHotkey.

XBMC (using for a jukebox app) - joypad input is enabled by default. Map all your buttons by editing the file, c:\XBMC\system\keymaps\joystick.xml. I have my exit joypad button set to bring up the XBMC shutdown menu, "XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)".

• Like 1

thanks for sharing... this is waaaay more complicated than expected.

I was hoping to get rid of all that scripts.

what I found is that the pinballx xpadder plugin did't work for me all the time, so it't maybe not the best thing to use that atm. had it activated a while ago and forgot about it :-P

standard xpadder auto profiling (it detects the program running and selects the key layout accordingly) seem to work fine.

other thing is that you cant't use the exitemulator function and the exit key of nukelauncher with the same key. this messes things up. so exitemulator seem only to be needed for VP. to bad.. would have liked it on the same key as this is easier to rememeber :-)