All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] NukeLauncher - NukePA for (The Pinball Arcade)

time299

Hey MPad
You are correct timing is very finicky in Pinball Arcade, if you open it up with out NukePA and just use the up down arrows you will see what I mean. Sometimes you press up and it moves 2 or 3 tables and other key-presses are skipped. This was the reason no one ever attempted a launcher. I found a sweet spot in the key press/duration timing that AHK allows. It'd defined like this "SetKeyDelay, 0, 120" this is different from normal games/programs. In Pinball FX2 I can omit this value or enter any value I want and it works but with Pinball Arcade anything higher or lower and It misses the key presses or records two presses. The only reason I bring this up is maybe your system being over clocked is interfering with your timing. Just a thought.

Hey Frodus

I really need to see your files, so I know how you have things setup and where problems might be coming from.

Jeff / Time299

On another topic. The NukePA Media Pack has been updated so re-download it.

1. "High-Speed, Star Trek TNG, and Twilight Zone" videos fixed/replaced.

2. All new DMD Images for Older LED tables.

3. All new DMD Videos made from scratch for Older LED tables.

4. All new Real DMD Images for Older LED tables.

5. All new Real DMD Videos made from scratch for Older LED tables.

6. All media for the new Earthshaker added.

7. All media for "Theater of Magic" was re-named to "Theatre of Magic" to match XML and the real name of the table.

Here is an example of one of the new and original DMD Videos I made from scratch for all of the older LED tables.

Earthshaker.gif

Enjoy,

DMDPA.gif

Jeff / Time299

My ini is basically stock. I only added the tables you listed in season 1 and 2 and the xml you created. Paths are the same since it's steam and pbx. Delays I kept stock.

It won't even load pinball arcade.... It just hangs after selecting and attempting to launch within pinballx.

But if I try to rotate pinballx so it's horizontal everything works horizon, but it's unplayable sideways.

There's something weird with flipping.

Time999, Is your computer set to load pinballx in horizontal mode?

Hey Frodus

My setup is normally in Portrait/Vertical when playing pinball.

But for testing and programming I always test both Portrait/Vertical and Landscape/Horizontal with no issues using the Steam versions and the Offline versions of Pinball Arcade. What are you running to do the Rotation? iRotate / Display Changer / Video Card Software?

Is there some issue with posting your files? I need to see them to see how it might be causing the issue you are having You can email them to me, my email address is in the top of the NukePA.ini.

Also you may want to try skipping NukePA temporally and try launching Pinball Arcade from PinballX just for testing to see if that works.

Oh, and also can you try this in Portrait and then in Landscape http://www.nukelauncher.com/item.asp?iid=33#CommandPrompt

Make sure you rotate you screen before you run the "Launch Configuration Utility" and then back between your tests.

Hey MPad

I am very puzzled about how your setup is working one thing you mentioned a few posts back is "one more thing about the table autostart feature. As reported it doesn't work for me to disable it with "false". In addition I noticed it had massive influence on the timing on my system. when set to fasle the game starts slow, especially when selcting tables in the middle like "gorgar" or "harley davidson" and it won't work at all (stuck at attack from mars). strangely when I set autostart to "true" it is way more fluent and every table works. maybe I can even lower my timing now... can you explain what the autostart does? is it not just another "enter" keypress?"

I have triple checked the code and there is only one place it is called and that is after the table is selected. Here is the code.

If (AutoStart = "true") {
Send {Enter}
Sleep, %ScreenDelay%
Send {Enter}
Sleep, %ScreenDelay%
}
I made it press enter twice because if you haven't played the table it skips the info page and if you have played the table the extra enter is ignored.

So if you have it set to false the table should load, but say in the flyby/start screen waiting for you to press enter.
If you have it set to true the table should load and then enter is pressed twice and the table should be started and ready to play.
That is the way it works on all of the test system I have setup. Nothing is slower or faster with the menu selection or loading of NukePA or Pinball Arcade and this should have no effect on selecting the correct table or not. This code is only fired after everything else is done.
I hope this helps.
Jeff / Time299

Hey All

Can some one with a REAL DMD post or email me a video of some of the new Real DMD LED videos. I am really curious how it looks on a Real DMD and I don't have one, so it's all guess work as to how it will look.

Thanks,

Jeff / Time299

Sorry, its because I forgot to post last night.... and couldn't post today because I was at work during lunch break when I posted, hoping that I could at least get a head start if I posted my issue. I do use irotate with nvidia GTX 660 and latesr drivers. I did config PBA while rotated.

Attached are my ini, xml and the pinballx config file.

Pinball Arcade.xmlPinballX.iniNukePA.ini

also, check your email, I got the ipac, and its ps2, is that ok?

Hey Frodus

My setup is normally in Portrait/Vertical when playing pinball.

But for testing and programming I always test both Portrait/Vertical and Landscape/Horizontal with no issues using the Steam versions and the Offline versions of Pinball Arcade. What are you running to do the Rotation? iRotate / Display Changer / Video Card Software?

Is there some issue with posting your files? I need to see them to see how it might be causing the issue you are having You can email them to me, my email address is in the top of the NukePA.ini.

Also you may want to try skipping NukePA temporally and try launching Pinball Arcade from PinballX just for testing to see if that works.

Oh, and also can you try this in Portrait and then in Landscape http://www.nukelauncher.com/item.asp?iid=33#CommandPrompt

Make sure you rotate you screen before you run the "Launch Configuration Utility" and then back between your tests.

Hey Frodus

PS2 is fine I have an adapter and thanks.

Ok, try setting Rotate = 270 not 90 that should rotate your screen the same way you have Pinballx setup.

Make sure you rotate you screen Ctrl+Alt+Right before you run the "Launch Configuration Utility" and then back Ctrl+Alt+Up before you test.

See if that helps.

My screen needs to be 90 for nukePA and 270 for pinballx..... the bottom of my TV (like quite a few people) is to the left of my cabinet. 270 in Pinballx means that it rotates 270 degrees clockwise. 270 in nukepa means it rotates counterclockwise 279 degrees, which is upside down.

I Rotated, configured PBA, rotated back, launched PBX and it just locks up. I can exit, but it doesn't ever rotate back. PBA never launches.

It DOES work fine via command line. I can launch, play, exit and it rotates into PBA and back the way it was on exit.

There's definitely something weird going on between pinballx and nukePA.... but I don't know what it is!

If I set pinballx to horizontal, and set nukepa to 0, it works, but its in landscape mode, so unplayable. It only has an issue when rotating.

Hey Frodus

PS2 is fine I have an adapter and thanks.

Ok, try setting Rotate = 270 not 90 that should rotate your screen the same way you have Pinballx setup.

Make sure you rotate you screen Ctrl+Alt+Right before you run the "Launch Configuration Utility" and then back Ctrl+Alt+Up before you test.

See if that helps.

Jeff, where do I go to redownload the changes to the media pack?

Thanks

On another topic. The NukePA Media Pack has been updated so re-download it.

1. "High-Speed, Star Trek TNG, and Twilight Zone" videos fixed/replaced.

2. All new DMD Images for Older LED tables.

3. All new DMD Videos made from scratch for Older LED tables.

4. All new Real DMD Images for Older LED tables.

5. All new Real DMD Videos made from scratch for Older LED tables.

6. All media for the new Earthshaker added.

7. All media for "Theater of Magic" was re-named to "Theatre of Magic" to match XML and the real name of the table.

Here is an example of one of the new and original DMD Videos I made from scratch for all of the older LED tables.

Earthshaker.gif

Enjoy,

Jeff / Time299

@frodus: Hi there, it doesn't sound exactly like the issue I had, but try to set pinballx and/or TPA to windowed fullscreen instead of exclusive fullscreen. Worked for me.

@jeff:
Big thanks for the Media pack update!!!Will test on the real DMD and send you a pic later.

About the autostart:

sorry but I might have been imagining things :), but when the overall timing is wrong, then it autostarts the table no matter what.

and thanks for the insight in what nukepa does. I did notice the skipping and having to do doubble keypress in TPA as well.

edit: does nukepa do a dubble keypress before it calls autostart? I think when timing is not perfect (which varies on dayly basis) it registeres the second keypress when already in the table, so it does autostart no matter what.

I guess nukePA ist just fine and I totally blame TPA for everything :P , because it behaves very very odd! No consistency with loading times at all!

and the keypress/controller issue was driving me nuts in the past (especially when reading table instructions or entering initials).

but Farsight have to sort out too many things...why would they bother. Maybe they will introduce a new UI soon (has been in the making for 1 year) and thing may get better (or worse)

As postetd yeasterday everything worked fine with super low delay setting all of a sudden and even autostart = false was OK, it did't do another keypress and the table was waiting in the start screen.

and then suddenly BAM, long loading times and not working anymore... I did some testing and I came to the conclusion that the loading/delay time of TPA is

1) super fast when I selct a table at the beginning or end of the list (bigh shot, black hole, white water, who dunnit...) = nukepa working fast and reliably with low delay timings

2) slow when I select a table out of the middle (fish tales, gorgar, funhouse) = nukepa NOT working, or only with high delay timings

Could it be something with the guessing engine?

Sorry just wild guessing here, at least that is what it is doing on my system.

timings that work in standalone don't work when launched by pinballx. so there seems to bee something going on here, too.

DMD for old LED segments look great!
Now you can read it :)
You still have the distortions in the background, but imo this gives it a nostalgic touch. The alternative if you wanted it super clean would be a total black background - or repaint it dot by dot :rolleyes:

Also great that you did videos! Like it :)
69425604f974d5983a624ca2a5b95b5b.jpg

Tried that too....

Only thing I haven't tried is a complete restart after fully configuring things in PBA and PBX.

@frodus: Hi there, it doesn't sound exactly like the issue I had, but try to set pinballx and/or TPA to windowed fullscreen instead of exclusive fullscreen. Worked for me.

Tried that too....

Only thing I haven't tried is a complete restart after fully configuring things in PBA and PBX.

What worked:

Had to set pinballx to fullscreen, and set fullscreen windowed to "yes".

I had mistakenly thought it had to be set in PBA config.

I'm working, but it was a bit of a PITA to figure out.

Hey All

I have asked Tom to take a look at this forum and see if it's something in PinballX that can be changed or tweaked. Seems to work for some and others have to do the windowed work around. I don't know if he has the time or if he even has Pinball Arcade, but let's hope so. If you have time you should message him too.

Jeff / Time299

What worked:

Had to set pinballx to fullscreen, and set fullscreen windowed to "yes".

I had mistakenly thought it had to be set in PBA config.

I'm working, but it was a bit of a PITA to figure out.

Good you got it working. It worked for me either way. PBA windowed fullscreen OR pinballX windowed fullscreen. Could't use the first option becaus eit creates an error with steam on my system :P

And PITA yes, took me like 6 hours to find that workaround and I allmost starved that day ;)

I wonder when I will find time to finally PLAY pinball again...aaah hobbies.

Hey All

I have asked Tom to take a look at this forum and see if it's something in PinballX that can be changed or tweaked. Seems to work for some and others have to do the windowed work around. I don't know if he has the time or if he even has Pinball Arcade, but let's hope so. If you have time you should message him too.

Jeff / Time299

OK cool, maybe Tom has an idea what is causing the trouble.

But if you plan an update of NukePA please consider adding a setting on how many "enter" presses it does to select a table. I think I only need one because it registers as two presses most of the time.

and maybe another separate screen delay to fine-tune the timings like this: start screen - (Startdelay) - main menu - (screen delay 1) - table list - (screen delay 2) - table

And then I get this error when I run it from PINBALLX and I already have Admin

Pinballx INI

[Display]
Monitor=0
rotate=270
Windowed=False
WindowWidth=1280
WindowHeight=1024
WindowX=0
WindowY=65
PlayFieldBrightness=230
WheelTextColor=ffffffff
WheelTextOutlineColor=ffff0000
InfoTextColor=ffffffff
InfoTextOutlineColor=ff000000
FilterTextColor=ffffffff
FilterTextOutlineColor=ff000000
MenuColor=ffff8000
FullScreenWindowed=True
[backGlass]
monitor=1
x=
y=
width=1360
height=768
[DMD]
Enabled=False
monitor=2
x=0
y=0
width=1360
height=768
HidePinMAME=False
AutoPositionPinMAME=False
UsePinMAME=False
[FileSystem]
EnableFileMatching=True
[interface]
DesktopModeEnabled=False
EnableAdditionalDetail=True
ShowSystem=True
ShowRatings=True
[Audio]
StreamVolume=90
SampleVolume=90
PlaySoundInVideos=True
[startup]
playsound=False
playvideo=True
StartWithWindows=No
[KeyCodes]
quit=27
left=37
right=39
select=13
rotate=82
pageleft=33
pageright=34
exitemulator=27
ingame=80
screenshot=83
screenshotbackglass=86
instructions=73
volumedown=109
volumeup=107
[JoyCodes]
quit=
left=
right=
select=
rotate=
pageleft=
pageright=
exitemulator=
ingame=
instructions=
[Text]
Line1=Free Play
Line2=Press Start
[FuturePinball]
Enabled=True
WorkingPath=E:\Games\Future Pinball\Bam
TablePath=E:\Games\Future Pinball\Tables
Executable=Future Pinball.exe
Parameters=/open "[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]" /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM
LaunchBeforeEnabled=True
LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=E:\Games\Future Pinball
LaunchBeforeExecutable=FutureDMD_Relay.exe
LaunchBeforeParameters=table="[TABLEFILE]"
LaunchBeforeHideWindow=False
LaunchBeforeWaitForExit=False
LaunchAfterEnabled=False
LaunchAfterWorkingPath=
LaunchAfterExecutable=
LaunchAfterHideWindow=False
LaunchAfterWaitForExit=False
MouseClickFocus=True
FPRAMPath=E:\Games\Future Pinball\fpRAM
LaunchAfterParameters=
[VisualPinball]
Enabled=True
WorkingPath=e:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Pinball
TablePath=e:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Pinball\Tables
Executable=VPinball990.exe
Parameters=/play -"[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]"
LaunchBeforeEnabled=False
LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=
LaunchBeforeExecutable=
LaunchBeforeHideWindow=False
LaunchBeforeWaitForExit=True
LaunchAfterEnabled=False
LaunchAfterWorkingPath=E:\PinballX
LaunchAfterExecutable=killbackglass.exe
LaunchAfterHideWindow=False
LaunchAfterWaitForExit=True
NVRAMPath=e:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Pinball\VPinMame\nvram
LaunchBeforeParameters=
[ExitScreen]
Enabled=True
EnableExit=True
EnableShutdown=False
[startupProgram]
Enabled=False
WorkingPath=
Executable=
Paramaters=
HideWindow=true
WaitForExit=false
Parameters=
[ExitProgram]
Enabled=False
WorkingPath=
Executable=
Paramaters=
HideWindow=False
WaitForExit=False
[AttractMode]
Enabled=True
Timer=1
ShowFor=30
[system_1]
Name=Pinball FX2
Enabled=True
WorkingPath=E:\PinBall\Pinball FX2\Pinball FX2
TablePath=
Executable=NukeLauncher.exe
Parameters="[TABLEFILE]"
LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=
LaunchBeforeExecutable=
LaunchAfterWorkingPath=
LaunchAfterExecutable=
[system_2]
Name=MAME
Enabled=False
WorkingPath=e:\- EMULATORS -\- MAME -
TablePath=e:\
Executable=mamep64.exe
Parameters=[TABLEFILE]
LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=
LaunchBeforeExecutable=
[AutoExit]
Enabled=False
Minutes=10
[Login]
Enabled=False
[setupWizard]
EmuPath1=e:\Emulators
AssetPath1=e:\Assets
RomPath1=e:\Roms
DefaultPathPrompt=True
DownloadDatabasePrompt=True
DownloadEmulatorPrompt=True
WizardMode=0
CustomArray=
SearchArray=
SavePosition=False
SectionIndex=13
SearchText=
EmulatorIndex=0
EmulatorGroupIndex=0
DaphneIndex=0
HTMLAppsIndex=0
ExternalAppsIndex=0
RadioStationsIndex=0
NewsFeedsIndex=0
MappedDrivesIndex=0
SystemIndex=7
ShowPanel=False
FontSize=1
WindowState=0
WindowSize=690,876
WindowLocation=913,74
[internal]
lastselected=Star Trek The Next Generation (Williams 1993)Star Trek The Next GenerationSystem_8
filter_year=
filter_company=
filter_custom=
filtername=Tables
[Plugin_1]
Enabled=True
Name=FutureDMDStats.dll
[Plugin_2]
Enabled=False
Name=PlugInLED.dll
[Plugin_3]
Enabled=False