All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] NukeLauncher - NukePA for (The Pinball Arcade)

time299

My setup:

40", 28" and a 15" for the DMD

Intel i5 4690K quad core, 3.5GHz

8GB RAM

128GB Toshiba SSD

EVGA GTX 660 Superclocked Signature 2, 2GB

VirtuaPin Digital Plunger kit V2

Software:

Windows 7 pro, 64bit

Pinballx

Nukelauncher FX2

Nukelauncher PBA

xpadder

x360ce

Pinball FX2 (steam)

Pinball Arcade (steam)

I set up xpadder to emulate all of my button and x360ce mapped for nudge and plunger controls. I have 4 menu buttons on the front of the cab and two flippers.

Mappings:

- two flipper buttons mapped to right and left shift

- top menu button mapped to keyboard key ENTER

- second menu button mapped to keyboard key B

- third menu button mapped to keyboard key X

- bottom menu button mapped to keyboard key ESC

In nukelauncher, esc is set to exit table. In pinball x, esc is mapped to exit emulator and exit pinballx. I have my pinballx mapped only to keyboard inputs and use the R/L shift, ENTER, B, X and ESC keys in pinballx. I set the same buttons up in FX2 and PBA. Keyboard emulation works perfectly and everything exits correctly.

I'm just having some issues with FX2 and PBA with the plunger, but thats just a work in progress. FX2 doesn't register the really fast plunger release, and PBA has proved impossible to set up to a joystick axis.

Hey All

I feel it's time to jump in on this and hopefully clear up some confusion.

See "Pinball Arcade" and "Pinball FX2" have no native key for a instant exit or quit. So I wrote NukePA and NukeFX to overcome this limitation by manually simulating three different exit methods. All three methods rely on one crucial thing the exit key-binding you set in the NukePA.ini or NukeFX.ini file. By default it is set to "esc".

The only people having issues exiting are using a joystick vs keyboard.

I wrote NukeLauncher for maximum flexibility so you can change it to any key-binding / joystick binding you want. NukeLauncher was written with AHK (Auto Hot Key) and mapping joystick commands is a little more difficult than keyboard commands. Take a look at the link below and see if you can use the test script that they refer to in the joystick section.

http://www.autohotke...ocs/KeyList.htm

See if you can figure out the exact command for the your joystick button that you want to use for your exit button. Then edit the line KB_Escape near the bottom of your NukeLauncher.ini, in the section labeled [KeyBindings] it should look something like this.

KB_Escape = esc

Where the "esc" is, enter the joystick button command you figure out using the test script from joystick section on the autohotkey.com site.

That should correct your issue, I can't do this for your because most joystick configurations are numbered and mine would most likely be different from yours.

So my understanding is that joy1 should be your joystick ones button 1 and joy2 should be your joystick ones button 2 and so on but if you have 2 joysticks then you need to add a number 2 in front of the joy like this 2joy1 should be your second joysticks button 1 and 2joy2 should be your second joysticks button 2 and so on.

Here are examples:

KB_Escape = joy1

or try joy1 through joy12

KB_Escape = 2joy1

or try 2joy1 through 2joy12

Hopefully you get the idea. You should not need any other scripts or work around.

Carny_Priest - After looking at some of your other posts, I think you could dump your script and just enter KB_Escape = Joy8

Mpad - You should be using the same exit key for everything NukePA / NukeFX and PinballX, mine are all set to "esc", but yous will be a joy button once you figure out the proper one to use.

Jeff / Time299

Thanks, works for me! (KB_Escape = Joy8) At least for NukeLauncher (FX2). This means that I can dump antimicro, one less process to deal with. So that's good. However, my custom script didn't involve any key/button mapping. I still use it to flip the DMD. I noticed that you have an executable launcher defined in NukePA.ini. Is that feature going to make its way into the NukeLauncher for FX2 at some point?

My problem with NukePA is with menu navigation at this point, not exiting. I can't dump my script just yet. But I was inspired enough by NukePA to a better job getting analog nudging and plunger working via x360ce and mapping my Exit button to a subroutine to kill the process and get back into PinballX. Again, I only have one table installed as a placeholder for the day that there is better cab support. My script is good enough for one table.

ok, thanks Jeff for clearing that up. I will definetly try the joy mapping, but for the moment I have xpadder running fine after disabling the internal plug in in pinballx.

Last thing I am confused about is the exitemulator function in pinballx. This doesn't work for me when set to the same key, let's say "esc". So far I understand it has a similar kill function which interferes with nukelauncher. It exits to pbx before nukelauncher can rotate back and everything gets messed up. So for now I have to set this to an extra button to use with VP only.

Hey Mpad

I don't know why your setup is so different. I have both PinballX and NukePA set to "esc" and everything works on all of my tests systems and I have tried both "full screen" and "windowed" full screen and both setting work properly.

When you hit your exit key NukePA sends the keyboard command to change your rotation back and then Alt+F4 with no delay, so it should be instant.

So I am at a loss as to why your having any problems.

Just a thought - very early on you mentioned that you have your system overclocked can you try setting up your system to not be overclocked and see if that clears up your timing and exiting and full screen/rotation issues?

Jeff /Time299

I'm at a loss, too.

Did reset everything to standard clocks when you first suggested it. But didn't help.

Some other things bugging me so maybe I just do a fresh start with win7 and get finally get rid of stupid win8.1 on the way...

Now that I know how to set everything up it should be done in 2 hours... Or so :)

Just don't forget the backups!!!

Hi im looking for a bit help setting this up, ive got pinballfx2 working great, but im stuck as to why nukepa.exe wont work? It appears its not seeing the "[TABLEFILE]" parameter in my settings as no matter how many times I try , It keeps throwing up an error regarding bad or missing parameters, even though i know its right as ive checked and triple checked, everything else is in place so this is holding me back.

Thanks in advance

Can you post your files?

Pinballx.ini

NukeFX.ini

Pinball Arcade.xml

Tell us your file locations as well, also tell us the version of Pinball Arcade you are using.

Also try removing the quotes and then re-adding them through the PinballX - Settings.exe program.

I have see cases were people copy and pasted the quotes into the PinballX.ini and they are a slightly different style quote and mess things up.

Also have you tried from the admin / command prompt - see documentation.

http://www.nukelauncher.com/item.asp?iid=33#CommandPrompt

Try it and let us know if that works.

Thanks,

Jeff / Time299

hi jeff thanks for replying , This only happens when I click on the nukepa.exe byitself, It actually started working from pinballx last night, and tryed it again today and its just selecting attack from mars all the time. guess this is just a timing issue & im gonna try a few things there. Im running a legit steam version & only have the season 1 tables, just the nukepa error thats baffling me.

Just tried from the command line ,it loaded pinball arcade straight up with no error , but didnt select table right as the timings out i think. heres my configs

[Display]
Monitor=0
rotate=270
Windowed=False
WindowWidth=480
WindowHeight=720
WindowX=0
WindowY=65
PlayFieldBrightness=230
WheelTextColor=ffffffff
WheelTextOutlineColor=ff000000
InfoTextColor=ffffffff
InfoTextOutlineColor=ff000000
FilterTextColor=ffffffff
FilterTextOutlineColor=ff000000
MenuColor=ffffa500
[backGlass]
monitor=1
x=0
y=0
width=1024
height=768
[DMD]
Enabled=True
monitor=2
x=0
y=0
width=900
height=300
[FileSystem]
EnableFileMatching=True
[interface]
DesktopModeEnabled=False
EnableAdditionalDetail=True
ShowSystem=True
ShowRatings=True
[Audio]
StreamVolume=90
SampleVolume=90
PlaySoundInVideos=True
[startup]
playsound=True
playvideo=False
StartWithWindows=No
[KeyCodes]
quit=69
left=37
right=39
select=13
rotate=82
pageleft=33
pageright=34
exitemulator=81
ingame=80
screenshot=83
screenshotbackglass=66
instructions=73
volumedown=109
volumeup=107
[JoyCodes]
quit=10
left=0
right=1
select=2
rotate=3
pageleft=4
pageright=5
exitemulator=6
ingame=13
instructions=14
[Text]
Line1=Free Play
Line2=Press Start
[FuturePinball]
Enabled=True
WorkingPath=C:\Games\Future Pinball\BAM
TablePath=D:\PinballX\Future pinball Tables
Executable=FPLoader.exe
Parameters=/STAYINRAM/open "[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]" /play /exit /arcaderender
LaunchBeforeEnabled=false
LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=
LaunchBeforeExecutable=notepad.exe
LaunchBeforeHideWindow=False
LaunchBeforeWaitForExit=True
LaunchAfterEnabled=False
LaunchAfterWorkingPath=
LaunchAfterExecutable=notepad.exe
LaunchAfterHideWindow=False
LaunchAfterWaitForExit=True
MouseClickFocus=True
FPRAMPath=C:\Games\Future Pinball\fpRAM
[VisualPinball]
Enabled=True
WorkingPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Pinball
TablePath=C:\Users\Mick\Desktop\vp tables
Executable=VPinball991.exe
Parameters=/play -"[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]"
LaunchBeforeEnabled=false
LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=
LaunchBeforeExecutable=notepad.exe
LaunchBeforeWaitForExit=True
LaunchAfterEnabled=False
LaunchAfterWorkingPath=
LaunchAfterExecutable=notepad.exe
LaunchAfterWaitForExit=True
NVRAMPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Pinball\Vpinmame\nvram
[ExitScreen]
Enabled=True
EnableExit=True
EnableShutdown=True
[startupProgram]
Enabled=false
WorkingPath=
Executable=notepad.exe
Paramaters=
HideWindow=true
WaitForExit=false
[ExitProgram]
Enabled=false
WorkingPath=
Executable=notepad.exe
Paramaters=
HideWindow=False
WaitForExit=
[AttractMode]
Enabled=True
Timer=1
ShowFor=15
[system_1]
Name=Pinball FX2
Enabled=True
WorkingPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
TablePath=
Executable=NukeLauncher.exe
Parameters="[TABLEFILE]
LaunchBeforeEnabled=False
LaunchAfterEnabled=False
LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=D:\PinballX\scripts\pinballfx2
LaunchBeforeExecutable=PinballFX2.exe
LaunchBeforeParameters=[TABLEFILE]
LaunchAfterWorkingPath=D:\PinballX\scripts
LaunchBeforeWaitForExit=False
LaunchAfterWaitForExit=False
[system_2]
Name=MAME
Enabled=False
WorkingPath=C:\- EMULATORS -\- MAME -
TablePath=C:\
Executable=mamep64.exe
Parameters=[TABLEFILE]
[AutoExit]
Enabled=False
Minutes=10
[Login]
Enabled=True
[internal]
lastselected=Black Knight (Williams 1980)Black KnightSystem_4
filter_year=
filter_company=
filter_custom=
filtername=Tables
lastwheelcachematchsize=-1123
[setupWizard]
EmuPath1=C:\Emulators
AssetPath1=C:\Assets
RomPath1=C:\Roms
DefaultPathPrompt=True
DownloadDatabasePrompt=True
DownloadEmulatorPrompt=True
WizardMode=2
CustomArray=Other Systems
SearchArray=
SavePosition=False
SectionIndex=19
SearchText=
EmulatorIndex=0
EmulatorGroupIndex=0
DaphneIndex=0
HTMLAppsIndex=0
ExternalAppsIndex=0
RadioStationsIndex=0
NewsFeedsIndex=0
MappedDrivesIndex=0
SystemIndex=3
ShowPanel=True
FontSize=1
WindowState=0
WindowSize=650,478
WindowLocation=243,240
[GameListManager]
onlinemode=false
[system_3]
Name=Visual pinball physmod
Enabled=True
SystemType=1
WorkingPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Pinball
TablePath=C:\Users\Mick\Desktop\Visual pinball physmod
Executable=VP_physmod5.exe
Parameters=/play -"[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]"
LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=
LaunchBeforeExecutable=
LaunchBeforeParameters=
LaunchAfterWorkingPath=
[system_4]
Name=Pinball arcade
SystemType=0
WorkingPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
Executable=NukePA.exe
Parameters="[TABLEFILE]"
LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=
LaunchBeforeExecutable=
LaunchBeforeParameters=
LaunchAfterWorkingPath=
Enabled=True
LaunchBeforeEnabled=False
LaunchAfterEnabled=False
TablePath=

; Downloaded from http://www.NukeLauncher.comSoftware Written by Jeff Diamond / Time299
; Full documentation available at http://www.nukelauncher.com/item.asp?iid=33
; Full support available at http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/15308-app-new-nukelauncher-for-the-pinball-arcade/
; My email address is [email protected]
;
; I really love and need the help of the pinball community!
; I think my code is faster and better than anything else out there, so if I have
; saved you time or made your pinball life any better please make a donation via paypal
; ************************* Please donate via paypal ***************************
; https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=5Z2AVMPZMZUSW

[NukePA]
Version = 1.3
Database = D:\PinballX\Databases\Pinball Arcade\Pinball Arcade.xml
StartDelay = 15000
ScreenDelay = 1500
MovementDelay = 100
AutoStart = true
Startson = previousseasons
Rotate = 0
BlockInput = false
ExitMethod = kill
PinballTables = Attack From Mars,Big Shot,Black Hole,Black Knight,Bride Of Pin-Bot,Cirqus Voltaire,Creature from the Black Lagoon,Elvira and the Party Monsters,Funhouse,Genie,Gorgar,Harley-Davidson,Medieval Madness,Monster Bash,No Good Gofers,Ripleys Believe It or Not,Scared Stiff,Star Trek The Next Generation,Tales of the Arabian Nights,Taxi,Theatre of Magic,Twilight Zone

[KeyBindings]
KB_Left_Flip =
KB_Right_Flip =
KB_Left_Nudge = z
KB_Right_Nudge = /
KB_Center_Nudge =
KB_Ball_Launch =
KB_Escape = esc
KB_ViewChange = tab
KB_UP =
KB_DOWN =
KB_LEFT =
KB_RIGHT =
KB_Instructions = i
KB_Pause = p

[Launch]
LaunchBefore =
LaunchAfter =

and the xml is the season 1 xml from your website.

Many thanks in advance

Hey Zero1965

Clicking on the nukepa.exe by itself will always result in that message, because you have not specified a table name to load so NukePA dose not know what table you want to load. That is why you were getting the following message.

Bad or Missing command line parameter, You must pass a game name to NukePA.exe and it must be in quotes

The rest of your config looks good, as far as I can see. Yes you will have to make adjustments to your timing.

Jeff / Time299

• 4 weeks later...

*hm thought I posted this yesterday but maybe it was to late and I forgot to hit the send button ;)*

hey all, just wanted to report that I have finally found the issue with my crashing TPA and most likely this was also the culprit for unstable nukePA performance:

x360ce!!! that buggy piece of s*** :)

after doing a clean windows install everything worked until I put those controler files back into place, it causes an issue with TPA not closing properly = the whole exit from pinballx mess, and most likely also causes delays (milliseconds?) in the overall navigation with nukePA.

so now everything is working fine for me with 2200, 2000, 60 timings. pffff.

guess I have to go without analogue nudge and plunger in TPA for the moment.

Their cab support is just around the corner anyway :-P

P.S. is there a stable x360ce alternative? I thought I read something somewhere?

*hm thought I posted this yesterday but maybe it was to late and I forgot to hit the send button ;)*

hey all, just wanted to report that I have finally found the issue with my crashing TPA and most likely this was also the culprit for unstable nukePA performance:

x360ce!!! that buggy piece of s*** :)

after doing a clean windows install everything worked .... in TPA for the moment.

》》》》》

Their cab support is just around the corner anyway :-P 《《《《《

Mpad, where did you read about this? I would like to see what they are saying.

I believe you 100% I just would like to be a part of that discussion, If you can link it that would be cool ... thanks

Yes, just around the corner. Hope springs eternal!

I don't know what button interface you use. A couple of us with VirtuaPin kits, a joystick emulator, have conflicts between PBX and TPA/FX2, etc with whatever we map our Exit button to. In other words, you should not map Exit in x360ce. As you are using NukePA, you can just map your button in the KeyBindings section in the ini! KB_Escape = Joy8, for example.

If you are truly looking for an alternative, you might try antimicro:

https://github.com/Ryochan7/antimicro

@ les73gtx: that was me being sarcastic :P

But over at Pinball arcade fans mike of the dev team said he had the graphics done and is now working on input and nudge support...I'd say 1-2 years.

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showpost.php?p=190717

@carny_priest: thanks, but x360ce was causing a general crash of TPA. No matter what config I tried it crashes with the x360ce files installed. I remember I was lucky once when I didn't use certain axes or buttons, but I don't remember and don't want to do trial and error again.

Without it TPA works.

Will have a look at antimicro...thanks.

• Like 1

cool. antimicro looks promising. I remember it from a year ago or so but I thought it was just a xpadder rip off. (xpadder is so awesome btw!!!)

dind't know it could do the controller mapping, maybe it couldn't back then.

so its basicly xpadder+x360ce, nice.

will test on the cab in a few days...

Cool! Keep us updated. I wound up not using antimicro largely because I could not figure out the command line instruction set. It's documented, somewhat. But I couldn't get anything working when I tried it. I'd need it to launch different profiles from a script. x360ce works just fine for me, but it's configuration utility crashes... a lot. If I want to tweak then I can count on just having to start all over again from scratch which is a hassle.

Can you provide me with your x360ce setting? A Screenshot maybe what you assigned and what you set on the advanced tab?

It is very delicate and sometimes a button decides if it works or not.

I only set left stick to nudge and right stick to plunger. The rest I do in xpadder.

I am also curious which dll you use? 1_3?

Can you provide me with your x360ce setting? A Screenshot maybe what you assigned and what you set on the advanced tab?

It is very delicate and sometimes a button decides if it works or not.

I only set left stick to nudge and right stick to plunger. The rest I do in xpadder.

I am also curious which dll you use? 1_3?

Here you go:

x360ce1a.jpg

x360ce2a.jpg

Thanks.

Have it almost identical.

I see you have the magically pressed left trigger too. Had to assign a dummy button there, otherwise it would result in instant crash of TPA.

And you have a right stick x axis set, which I haven't.

Will give it a last try with those settings...

Which dll name are you using for x360ce output files? Default 1_3?

How the heck do you guys set the different controls in tpa? I can't set nudge or plunger for the life of me. It won't register the plunger with or without x360ce. I can't do tilt without unmounting my sensor.

Really wish you could scroll through the options like in fx2.

First I set the controller with my xbox controller and set every button that I don't use with X, a dummy button I later did not assign in x360ce! After that I mapped all essential functions in the keyboard setup and assign them with xpadder to my vpin controler. So the important stuff is "fake" keyboard input which is more stable in TPA

Only thing I did map with x360ce is the two axes for nudge and plunger.

All that reached my brain capacity and nearly drove me nuts.

Can't wait for TPA to natively support pinball controllers....

Let's be clear. I've only bought into the launch pack for TPA when they offered it for a penny in the last Steam summer sale. Out of that pack, only Black Hole was a table that I did not already have in VP, so that is the only one I have set up for PinballX. I don't have 2nd flipper/magna save buttons assigned at all because of the mysterious left trigger always engaged issue. I'm not sure what to do about that if the time ever comes to buy whatever Farsight is selling.

In any case I just went through the GUI to assign buttons to events in the normal way. Nothing hard about that. You just have to write down how you mapped your cab buttons in X360ce so that you have that as a reference.