All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Any feedback for me on 1.91?

Tom Speirs

Tom, one small issue with system logo overlay: I have defined an additional system for VP Physmod5 in a separate directory called "VP Physmod" and also added a logo called "VP PhysMod.png" into directory "System Logos".

Seems that this logo (see below) is not found by the new PBX feature, so no logo is displayed.

But nothing what really bothers me ...

post-24182-0-25307600-1413828199_thumb.p

Hi Tom,

Great work again on the new release.

Haven't really tested yet but one thing i did notice.

In the setup there isn't an nvramdirectory which you have to set within the visual pinball section ?

Just asking because it could break the hiscore feature

Tia,

Dna Disturber

I'm noticing the startup time it takes for pinballx to initially load is quite a bit longer than before. Just me or anyone else noticing it? I'm guessing it's a result or parsing through the databases to match with system overlay logos?

Just installed this myself. I did notice a bit longer of a start the first time, but not noticed it starting remarkably slower since. I have not added any new tables yet, so I'll report back after I add a few more and see what happens.

I'm liking the new features alot tho!

C..

My guess is that it will speed up after the initial load as it is caching the images for use the next time. If you add tables after this, it will be a little slower initially until the new table images are cached, then faster going forward.

Have you tried running pinmame several times outside of PinballX to confirm that it is PinballX causing this? Just seems slightly improbable that the frontend is going to access the settings of the backend program and deselect this option.

Would you mind providing your pinballx.ini and log.txt (Click here for additional information on how to find these files and others that may be required).

Also, per Tom's request in the thread you mentioned:

Just a note to say when reporting errors in this topic please also state your monitor and DMD setup. e.g Real DMD or monitor etc. Please also mention which version of PinMAME. eg 2.5 cabinet or Unified version and the mode.

Love the new features. One thing I have noticed is when I have it set to display system and manufacturer on the wheel. certain tables don't display correctly. Like almost all the Williams tables do not display the Williams logo even though it does display in the older box toward the top. Many of the "Original" tables do not display either. I notice that sometimes the logo will be on the right of the wheel rather than the left. I've tried it with and without the new croping feature and get the same results. Any thoughts?

Additionally, I wonder if it would be possible to also display the year with the wheel? If that was available with the wheel I could totally remove the old info box and finally see most of the table.

@shadow. Did you put the logos in the new "System "Overlays" Logos" folder?

I placed the FP logo, all three of my VP, VP original and VP Physmod in there and they are showing up. The company logos are still in their original folder "Company Logos" most are showing up but the Williams , Zaccaria, and originals are not. They do still show up in the info box at the top if I leave it enabled. On most of teh tables the System logo will show above the wheel on the left and the company will show on the right. On the ones that don't show the company logo the system logo will be over on th right, like it shoved the company logo off the screen to the right. It always does it with Williams tables and with Zaccaria, but when it comes to some of the Original tables it's hit and miss. Like it shows JP's smurf logo but not Blind Mankinds.