All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Problems getting started with plugins

swisslizard

Hi

I got some problems getting started with plugins.

Havent got a clue yet whats going wrong?

As a first step I have installed the function logger plugin, enabled it in the plugin manger and started pinballx. However after I exit Pinballx I cant find any log file or anything similar regarding the function calls.

The log file of PBX also doesnt contain any information regarding plugins apart from a line saying plugins loaded.

I'm running Pinballx in XP 32bit.

Any hints?

Thanks and best regards

Are you looking in the "plugins/function logger" folder? Did you check the PinballX.log to see if the plugin fails to initialize?

Ok, finnaly The Function Logger plugin is working :)

I had somehow manage to f...up the config file of PBX. After I deleted the ini and redid the configs everything worked as expected.

Even better, my first experiments building my own plugin have been successful as well. I guess I'll convert the plugin template to C# next, since I feel more comfortable with it.