All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Considering creating a NukeLauncher for (The Pinball Arcade)

time299

NukeLauncher for (The Pinball Arcade)  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a reliable launcher for The Pinball Arcade?

• Yes, I am interested
    • No
    • It can't be done - Don't Pick this one, I can do it.
  2. 2. If I create a Kickstarter project would you be willing to pledge?

Hey All

I want to start another project since My (Pinball FX2) project, NukeLauncher, has been such a success.

I did some quick testing and it's definitely going to be a challenge.

So this post is to test the waters and see what you all think.

If you are interested or if you know of other groups / forums that would be interested, see if you can get them to come fill out this poll.

I think this is a great idea time299! After hearing various reports of folks reporting having difficulties getting Pinball Arcade setup through PinballX, I haven't even messed with it at this point. It would be cool to have a handy dandy tool to simplify the process!

FWIW I voted "No" on the Kickstarter selection, but it's really a "Maybe". I'd need to know more about the details of the campaign you have in mind (fundraising goals, length of campaign, possible reward tiers (which aren't necessary), etc), before committing as a backer in advance. To be honest though I'd probably prefer to simply pay for the utility outright, than I would to jump through the hoops of funding in advance. Heck in this age of "pre-release" software, another option would be to charge a reduced amount for the beta versions of the software with free upgrades later. Then at the time of full release, the price of the utility could be increased. It's just a thought though, and only you know what will work best for you. :)

I have it working with the set up I have with the ahk file but my pinball acrade version is 1.20.4. if you want the ahk file let us no it mite help as a base to start a new one with the new version of the game with the new tables.

Thanks for the offer, but I already have a great start using my NukeLauncher code and I have already solved the biggest problem most have had with keystrokes being missed or skipped.

I am working on more complicated things like table name detection and table ordering from an XML and alphabetization issues.

If you want to help. Go post in other forms to get the word out, so people will know I am working on this. Try to get them to come here and vote in the poll. I need this feedback to gauge interest level. The more people want it the more willing I am to put more time into it.

Thanks,

Andyco

It is a great idea.

The only problem I have with Pinball Arcade is the simple fact I can not get my VirtuaPin plunger kit working with it. I have gone into joystick options within Pinball Arcade and as Win7 sees the plunger kit as a 'HID input device' and not a 'joystick' it does not let the software 'learn' my controls.

I guess some mapping software may need to be installed...

The only thing I would say is you could be wasting your time a little as (apparantly) they are working on a cabinet version of the software.

Having played Pinball Arcade in portrait in my cab using a keyboard, I do like it - and would like it included within Pinball X.

Yes, I'm sure that cabinet version will be out any day now. He! He!

Yeah what he said

Personally my feelings on TPA are that it is great on desktops and android devices, but lacking in a cabinet.

My cab is about to have some unused tables pruned and I think TPA will get removed aswell.

If they improve the camera angle and give us the promised lighting upgrades then it will certainly get put back in but until then - "your fired" , sorry Farsight.

I'm a little hesitant to work on it because only three people want it and I can't even afford to buy the game. I just did some testing with the trial and was able to select tables consistently, but then I was having trouble with the Order, Alphabetization / XML matching tables up. I'm just not sure it's worth it. If I end up putting 40hrs in and get three or four donations. I will be more broke than I am now. :)

Welcome to programming for hobbyists my friend.

I've spent countless hours on thousands upon thousands of lines of code for free. ;)

+1 to what Adultery said. If you are looking to make a living or get rich in this very niche hobby, it isn't likely to happen. Most either do these things for themselves or for the good of the community or both. I certainly appreciate your efforts as I am sure others do as well!

Yea, I was not thinking I would get rich or even break even from my work. I am just trying to see what the interest level is and it seems really really low. Like 3 people, so it seems like it might not be worth the effort and time to build a launcher.

VP forums

VPUniverse

Pinball arcade on steam forums

Pinball arcade on farsight forums

I think Jeff U are underestimating ur work. I think a large amount of people would like to use pinball arcade with a front end. I also think a lot of people use ur product. They probably don't donate .As far as getting donations that's tough. Can u tell how many nuke launcher has been downloaded

Jay

I'm a little hesitant to work on it because only three people want it and I can't even afford to buy the game. I just did some testing with the trial and was able to select tables consistently, but then I was having trouble with the Order, Alphabetization / XML matching tables up. I'm just not sure it's worth it. If I end up putting 40hrs in and get three or four donations. I will be more broke than I am now. :)

I just flipped $15.00 towards your nukemlauncher utility so you should have a few coins to help get started. I voted Yes to support development of TPA utility, but NO to Kickstarter. I am, however, willing to pay for a completed utility for TPA when it is released. Thanks again for your work on the PBFX utility. Cheers.