All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Capture Videos to PinballX Media - Table, Backglass, and DMD

Slydog,

Not sure why wrong exe is used, since each PBX system has an assoc exe. Are you using the <alternateExe> xml tag? PBXRecorder does have to guess about the file extension as it is not provided in the XML file, so if a vpt file and a vpx file exist in the same folder with the SAME name, it will default to the vpt file. Send me your log file if you want me to investigate, but maybe no need if you try below and that does what you want.

Anyways if you want to only process one xml, just create a new dir called PinballXTemp and create a Config folder and Database folder. In the Config folder, copy the PinballX.ini and in there disable all systems but the one system you want to run. In the Database folder, create the desired system folder and put your one xml file there. Point PBXrecorder to that and it should run and create all the Media paths and files.

Nicco,

I will take a look at your post later this week, but to be honest, if you want use PBXRecorder, one option is to just remove those special characters from the Description tag and table filenames, this problem will go away :). I will make some tweaks but without an Italian system to try this on, it is just trial and error for me

• Like 1

no problem joe, are really few tables with special charachters.

i understand you've not italian system and it's not simple for me beta test every time.

special charachters apart pbxrecorder works great! and thanks again.

if am i not wrong pbxrecorder.exe is pbxrecorder.ahk compiled right?

if it's so is a problem for you link to me 1.02 beta2 and 4 .ahk??

in my free time i'd like to try some test with my italian layout

sorry joe, forgive what i write in upper post. it repeat twice because it reads probably an old output file

new test with few tables with last beta5

- ac/dc and Star trek: now works great!! no more issue due to / and :

- same issue with Elvis#174; (Stern 2004)

- now when ffmpeg finish to work to create f4v, a window appear and you have to click end to proced with next table (if it works on PF or in BG), if it work on both PF and BG two windows appear.

qrkqx2.jpg

i think that the ® issue we could do it manually whitout problem!

thanks joe

Visual Pinball Physmod5.xml

Sorry for multipost and for stress but i found a solution for the ® joe!

in beta5 ahk script i delete completely this

;Special handling for Italian ® in the Table Name. Change ® to ®
IfInString, XTable, ®
{
StringGetPos, start, XTable, &
TestTable := SubStr(XTable, 1, start)
TestTable2 := SubStr(XTable, start+7)
XTable = %TestTable%®%TestTable2%
}

and in this section

;Special handling for ® in the Description. Change ® to #174;
IfInString, Description, ®
{
StringGetPos, start, Description, ®
TestTable := SubStr(Description, 1, start)
TestTable2 := SubStr(Description, start+7)
Description = %TestTable%#174;%TestTable2%
}

i made this changes (in red)

;Special handling for ® in the Description. Change ® to ®
{
Description = %TestTable%®%TestTable2%
}

now it reamin the window with end button issue after that you could pass from beta to gold ;)

gtxjoe, sorry for wasting your time. It was all on my end. Another benefit of this program is to check your xmls for correctness. Your program found 2 small mistakes I had in my XML's. Thanks for a great program. Will continue running it today and see how it works after my corrections. Thanks. you should post this over at VPForums for others to use

Sorry for multipost and for stress but i found a solution for the ® joe!

in beta5 ahk script i delete completely this

;Special handling for Italian ® in the Table Name. Change ® to ®

IfInString, XTable, ®

{

StringGetPos, start, XTable, &

TestTable := SubStr(XTable, 1, start)

TestTable2 := SubStr(XTable, start+7)

XTable = %TestTable%®%TestTable2%

}

and in this section

;Special handling for ® in the Description. Change ® to #174;

{

Description = %TestTable%#174;%TestTable2%

}

i made this changes (in red)

;Special handling for ® in the Description. Change ® to ®

{

Description = %TestTable%®%TestTable2%

}

now it reamin the window with end button issue after that you could pass from beta to gold ;)

Just curious about the registered copyright symbol. It doesn't appear PinballX displays correctly for me if I use the symbol in the description tag. Does it display for you, or are you just trying to get media filenames to match ipdb?

When I add new tables I click in description form game manager and I add one is in the list. I think Pinballx utilize correct description from ipdb.

I already had som tables with registered copyright character and during import I copied description and paste in new video filename. Some have this special characters and Pinballx read it. If I delete it from filename Pinballx couldn't read anymore.

Pinballx skip only characters you couldn't put in file name like : ; \ / ...

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Yeah, the Pinballx Game Manager pulls the table names from the ipdb list and it doesn't filter/remove any of the special characters. I ran into some of theses issues when I was creating PBXrecorder, I took the easy way out and just modified my xml descriptions to not use them :)

Anyways If you select Harley Davidson ® (Stern 2002), the Game Managers stores it in the xml tag as Harley Davidson ® (Stern 2002); but PinballX does display the trademark char Harley Davidson ®, when browsing

The Media file needs to be named Harley Davidson ®.f4v. When I tried to fix this yesterday I was actually geting Harley-Davidson ® (Stern 2002).f4v, and Pinballx did not like it. Anyways did something using WinMerge to remove the  and now it creates Harley Davidson ®.f4v correctly for me.

Nicco84, can you test this final beta version when you have time?

PBXrecorder_1.2beta06final.zip

• Like 1

Thanks, I had tried that numeric character reference before without much luck. What it needs is the semicolon like this -

®

Of course, then I have to name my media files the same as the game name element so that PBX can tie all the media together.

Spider-Man Stern is not in the ipdb that Game Manager uses, except as Black Spider-Man. The listing at ipdb.org is Spider-ManTM.

If you want to match that in the description tag then the numeric character reference is

I went ahead and renamed most of the media, xml, etc. to better match the ipdb listings. It's probably better that way in the long run.

Edit

Ok, got the file names with special characters figured out as well.

Yeah, the Pinballx Game Manager pulls the table names from the ipdb list and it doesn't filter/remove any of the special characters. I ran into some of theses issues when I was creating PBXrecorder, I took the easy way out and just modified my xml descriptions to not use them :)

Anyways If you select Harley Davidson ® (Stern 2002), the Game Managers stores it in the xml tag as Harley Davidson ® (Stern 2002); but PinballX does display the trademark char Harley Davidson ®, when browsing

The Media file needs to be named Harley Davidson ®.f4v. When I tried to fix this yesterday I was actually geting Harley-Davidson ® (Stern 2002).f4v, and Pinballx did not like it. Anyways did something using WinMerge to remove the  and now it creates Harley Davidson ®.f4v correctly for me.

Nicco84, can you test this final beta version when you have time?

- after 30 seconds recording (my option) it starts correctly to encode but without closing vp. so it open more and more instances of vp.

- i don't know if it's my issue but pbxrecorder starting from the first release has never opened Visual pinball system... Ok with pm5 (mine other system2 in pinbalx.ini) and vpx (mine other sytem 3)

Great program, going through my huge list of VP tables now (over 1000). program works great except every once and while the backglass does not close. I think its related to when the backglass is actually an exe (old style of B2s). Is this a known limitation? Still trying to prove when it stops exiting backglass. Trouble is when it stops exiting the backglass all tables after it capture the same backglass.

Tthe PBX recorder script should have these 3 lines to kill the 1) VP executable used, 2) the DirectB2S Server executable and 3)Any process that matches the table name with .exe at the end, i,e TableName.exe (this should kill the table B2S.exe - worked during my testing)

Run, taskkill /IM %Executable% /F,,UseErrorLevel

Run, taskkill /F /IM B2SBackglassServerEXE.exe,,UserErrorLevel

Run, taskkill /F /IM %XTable%.exe,,UserErrorLevel

let me know if you can find the culprit and then we can investigate

I guess I should figure out an additional way to find and taskkill anything with *B2S.exe at ending....

Here is the script change with the FPLaunch way of killing the b2s.exe.

Change this section from:

to
IfInString, XTable, B2S.exe, WinKill, Form1

Slydog - hmm. You can run it as ahk or exe. Behavior is should be the same. Try running the exe as admin and see if that helps, otherwise send me a B2S.exe that won't close so I can try on my machine.

=============================

New Version: Version 1.2 adds basic support for automatic Wheel image download via FTP if you have Pinballx FTP access. To enable FTP support, open the FTPLoginInfo.txt file and put in your user info. If you do not have FTP access, the log file will always report a list of any missing wheel images.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2XD_HKVvzV1S19UOWJPb2k2WWc

PBX Recorder will walk through all the VP tables found in Pinballx, launch each table and record/capture all your videos and/or images automatically. By default, PBX Recorder is setup to find and record missing media. There are options to re-record all media if desired. What to record and length of videos are all configurable.

Edit: fixed download link

• Like 1

do I have to compile the ahk script and rename to PBXrecorder.exe or does pbxrecorder call the ahk script. thanks (I asked cause I made the changes to the script and reran the pbxrecroder.exe and still does not close backglasses thqt are exe's) Thanks

If you have AutoHotkey installed on your cabinet then you can just reference the ahk. If you are making changes on another computer and transferring it over onto your cabinet and it does not have AutoHotkey installed then you will need to compile (right-click -> Compile Script).

hey joe... it works great!!!

it's fantastic! on click and you have al what you want! i have try with wheel too and no problem!

only one thing... i think it's my issue because it has never worke since 1.1

script works only for pm5 and vp... it doesn't read system visual pinball (vp992 is the exe) and system future pinball.

attached pbx and pbxrecorder .ini .... if it's not a problem could you take a look? thanks man

PinballX.ini

PBXrecorder.ini