All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Capture Videos to PinballX Media - Table, Backglass, and DMD

• 1 month later...

@GatorCoop yes i've had it working for awhile now, with FP and VPX, i have 2 .ahk instances one for each and both run perfectly.  The only thing that didn't work for me was the record one table feature.  I have to let it search the xml and find the table itself.

You have to be more specific on which part is not working, it did take some tweaking, and i can't remember everything i did, with this hobby, its get it working and move on to figuring out the next roadblock.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, slydog43 said:

I use this with great success with VP, I would like to know if anyone has this working or modified to work with PinballFX2?

It's not like there is camera tuning for PinballFX2. One video looks like another for the most part. I just use the ones that were uploaded to the FTP. 

Because DMD videos were often not getting included on the FTP. I did write this capture script for myself. It is not automated like PBXRecorder or my ports of PBXRecorder for FP and Unit3D.

This was done before Zen added better cab support. I have a newer version of this script that at least is no longer looking for a separate child window for the DMD which was hanging up the script that I am linking to. If you are interested in it great. If not, I've uploaded my captures to the FTP. I think that I'm just missing a couple that I have not gotten around to capturing yet because my cab crapped out.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looking at putting a pin2dmd in my cabinet but i can't seem to get a video to look like it does when playing the table. I have tried the recording from pbxrecorder of the color attack from mars dmd from my 3rd screen but when playing the video through pinballx and displaying on the pin2dmd its just doesn't look right. I am using freezys dll is there any settings that will make the video from the lcd look good on the pin2dmd . 

Cheers

• 4 months later...

So when I try to run the exe, it opens up a table but then I get a popup saying that windows cannot find obs64.exe. I followed rablacks installation instructions (also on Win 10 x64) and my PinballX folder is on D, not C, so I changed the directory inside obs as well as PBXrecorder. I had originally gone to OBS website and did the windows installer, so I'm not sure if windows is looking for the registry location of the originally installed location. I deleted that installation manually and then had to go to the registry to delete the instance of obs. I'm going to try restarting and then re-installing everything with 1.5FP following rablacks instructions and report back.

EDIT: I reinstalled everything and still getting the error. I even did a windows installation of the new obs studio to the root of C drive and no luck. Turns out I may have some corrupted system files and that might be why it can't open obs64.exe automatically. Running System File Check now, hoping I don't need to do a full wipe or reinstall.

20 hours ago, Carny_Priest said:

Don't use the installer. Use the portable (zip) release on the project github.

https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/releases

I had used that originally, and it wasn't working, so I had a thought that windows didn't know the path to obs64.exe, which is why I used the windows installer, well I've uninstalled it again thru windows, restarted, and used the portable installation and still get the pop up saying "Windows cannot find obs64.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly" I'm really starting to wonder if my windows system might be corrupted. Time for a repair/reinstall and then I'll try everything again! I really want to be able to run this script to get videos for my Future Pinball Tables, even though I only play on a desktop with 1 monitor so I only need playfield videos. Its much easier then downloading them all off pinsimdb and then using a video converter to rotate them

Have you modified the script? You will need to if you are installing on a different drive. The script currently assumes that helper apps are installed in the root of C drive. Open the ahk in Notepad or any other text or code editor. Look for OBSPath and change it. Recompile.

Also, I haven't run this in a couple of years. My cab has been down for a long time. This worked with OBS Studio a couple of years ago, but I don 't know if OBS has changed anything since then that might impact functions of the script. 

A benefit with the script is simultaneous capture of two or three screens.

If all you need is playfield capture then you might find it easier just to use your graphic card's built -in capture. Output files will be large in size and it won't capture in batch, but in the end it may take you less time to finish the job than hassling with the script if it is continuing to be difficult to use. Guess it depends on how many FP tables you are trying to capture. Most people are heavy into VPX and may just have a few FP. 

Hi Carny, thanks for your help on this older thread. So when I launch the recorder, it opens up Future Pinball in fullscreen, and in doing so it causes my explorer to crash. Since explorer crashes, the script can't find obs64 to start the record process. I'm not sure if it is because the programs are trying to rescale to a different resolution or something. I want to be able to run the batch because I have around 100 FP tables that I currently use. I'm going to check all my resolution settings. I don't have much experience recompiling scripts. I'm currently using Notepad ++ to change the ahk file, but I run the exe. Does the executable rely on the information in the ahk file or are they entirely separate scripts?

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Attachment is still in the following post:

https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/15207-capture-videos-to-pinballx-media-table-backglass-and-dmd/?do=findComment&comment=163944

I have not run this in years, so I don't know if it still works with current version of OBS Studio. 

If anyone is interested, I do have a version of the script updated to reflect PBXRecorder v1.6. I have not tested it at all.

• 2 months later...
On 12/20/2019 at 7:50 AM, Carny_Priest said:

Attachment is still in the following post:

https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/15207-capture-videos-to-pinballx-media-table-backglass-and-dmd/?do=findComment&comment=163944

I have not run this in years, so I don't know if it still works with current version of OBS Studio. 

If anyone is interested, I do have a version of the script updated to reflect PBXRecorder v1.6. I have not tested it at all.

I'm interested, couldnt get 1.5 to run properly, using 1.4

I figured these current front-ends had screen recording all taken care of now that it is simply a feature every front-end offers. I wouldn't know. I haven't used a front-end in years.

I've attached the source code that I have. Again, I haven't tested this at all. Likely if 1.5 did not work for you then neither will 1.6. I don't think gtxjoe made any huge changes in how this program functions between those two versions.

PBXrecorder_1.6FP.ahk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, finally found this thread and tryign to run it.. i get as far as the table loads and when it starts up obs64 in the background I get errors about not finding locale and en-us.ini

Anyone else see this?  might be due to many windows updates since this was figured out years ago....

Thanks

14 hours ago, johnwillsey said:

Hi, finally found this thread and tryign to run it.. i get as far as the table loads and when it starts up obs64 in the background I get errors about not finding locale and en-us.ini

Anyone else see this?  might be due to many windows updates since this was figured out years ago....

Thanks

Not much help but sounds like an OBS config error so best bet is their forums https://obsproject.com/forum/

• 3 months later...