All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] NukeLauncher - NukeFX for (Pinball FX2)

time299

Sorry in advance, I forgot to take screenshots and get my ini file last night... will do that tonight.

They recently added Walking Dead as well as 2 new southpark tables. My grid is 7x7 and football is #15 (1st one, 3rd row down) and I have a total of 48 icons in the grid (the remaining one is empty). For the life of me, whatever I do, I can't launch the right table. Is it all trial and error? Running in Portrait mode in win7 and within steam.

Everything else went great! Your media pack loaded easily, Pinballx was setup easily. Took me a bit because I'm a n00b, but overall it was stupid mistakes on my part. I still need to get my Virtuapin controller mapped to an xbox360 controller (so I have analog nudge and analog plunger) so it works with steam. Using keyboard keys won't give me analog. I'm looking at x360ce or xpadder to do that.

Also, since you don't have a cab.... I'm willing to beta test things for you. I keep things pretty updated with drivers and steam.

Specs:

Intel i5 4690K

8GB RAM

128GB SSD

nVidia GTX 660 2GB

Virtuapin Plunger kit V2 (Analog plunger, nudge, 4 menu buttons and 2 flippers wired)

LEDWiz

40" Playfield, 28" backglass, 15" DMD LCD

1980 WIlliams Standard cabinet (Blackout)

I really need to see those files and the screen shot.

I'm sure it's something simple.

One thing that stood out in your post was your football location. With the newest tables Zen has released that should push the football table back to position #14 and many other people have also told me this is the location that there football table is now in. So I was surprised by your post because I have not heard of anyone with the Football in that position #15. That is not a problem for NukeLauncher I designed it with just such issues in mind.

I was working to help support a guy today by email that had a setup were the first three tables were different because those are the only three tables he owned. So Pinball FX2 moved those three tables to the first three positions.

I just checked out you Pinball Cab Project (http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=28697) and it looks like it's coming along nicely. I am very jealous, One day I will have one.

Send me your files, I'm sure the issue will be easy to resolve.

Jeff

I haven't bought any other tables YET. I want to get things working as much as I can on the one I do have, Sorcerer's Lair, then buy others. I'll likely buy them all, but I may not buy the football ones.

The Sorcerer's Lair is the first on my list. I don't have a screenshot, but here are my .ini and xml file for PBX.

It would be good to have a Map in Nukelauncher, so a user can tell the launcher what position each game is. That way I can say "Position 1 = Sorcerer's lair", "Position 2 = Walking Dead" ....etc as they're shown on my cabinet. Then the launcher can go to that one on the grid. Hope that makes sense.

PinballFX2.xml

NukeLauncher.ini

Your nukelauncher.ini has a variable called PinballTables all tables
shown in your Pinball FX2 main menu must be listed there with a comma separating each
one. As outlined in the support documentation here http://www.nukelauncher.com/item.asp?iid=13#DifferentOrder

Yours is missing two tables and is in the wrong order.
So you need to add the two south park tables and rearrange the rest to match your specific layout. If you owned all of the tables you would just need to add the two south park tables to the beginning. But because you only own two tables Pinball FX2 has moved them to the top left. throwing the whole menu out of whack.

NukeLauncher does not have a GUI, it's a command line launcher. So I provided a numbered image on the support page to help you do what you are asking for. The image shows all of the numbers and the standard positions of all of the tables. Yours will look different because you only own two tables. There is no way for NukeLauncher to know what tables you own and what tables you don't. That is why the NukeLauncher.ini lets you enter your own specific order in the "PinballTables" variable.

http://www.nukelauncher.com/item.asp?iid=13#StartLocation

Grid-V-L.png

Try adjusting that stuff and let us know how it goes.

Jeff

Hey Time299,

Got all the tables launching correctly for the most part, thanks for the help. It took a while, but works perfectly.

The issue I have now, is that kill/savekill/saveexit don't actually exit PB FX2. It just minimizes PB FX2 and goes back to pinballx every time. I've configured PB FX2 to run with a DMD on another screen, otherwise, stock install. Its like the PB FX2 window lost focus and it isn't actually exiting.

Got any ideas? When I try to start another game in Pinballx, since PB FX2 is already running, it won't launch a new table.

What exit method are you using? Are you using a keymapper program? Have you tried all three exit methods? (see below)

ExitMethod=

This changes how the exit key works. Available values are kill, savekill, and saveexit.
  • "kill" will send an ALT F4 and that will exit Pinball FX2.
  • "savekill" will enter the keystrokes to exit the table you are playing and give Pinball FX2 enough time to save your progress, then send an ALT F4 to close Pinball FX2.
  • "saveexit" will enter the keystrokes to exit the table you are playing and give Pinball FX2 enough time to save your progress, then move the pointer to Pinball FX2's exit button and close the program through its normal mechanism.

Can you attach your nukelauncher.ini and your PinballX.ini so we can take a look at your setup.

A screen shot might also be helpful.

Jeff

I posted my ini file before, only table order changed. I've tried all three types of exit, Kill/savekill/saveexit and all of them seem to only minimize the PB FX2 window, not close it. I have my exit set to a certain joystick button. There is no key mapping outside of the "exit" being done within pinballx configuration.

Not sure a screenshot would accurately describe.

I launch a table, play it.

I hit my pinballx exit button (joystick button)

I get back to pinballx and try to launch another table, it fails, stating that PB FX2 is already running. I exit out of PBX and at the bottom of my windows 7 taskbar, Pinball FX2 is minimized (along with the DMD window).

Ok, that's is why it's not exiting.

See Pinball FX2 has no native key for a instant exit or quit. So I wrote NukeLauncher to overcome this limitation by manually simulating three different exit methods as I mentioned in my last post. All three methods rely on one crucial thing the exit key-binding you set in the NukeLauncher ini file. By default it is set to "esc", so you see you are never telling NukeLauncher you want to exit. It's waiting for you to hit the esc key and you never do. But you do have PinballX setup to look for your joystick button and so PinballX grabs focus away from Pinball FX2 and puts you back in its menu. Meanwhile Pinball FX2 and NukeLauncher are still running unaware you wanted to exit.

I wrote NukeLauncher for maximum flexibility so you can change it to any key-binding you want. NukeLauncher was written with AHK (Auto Hot Key) and mapping joystick commands is a little more difficult than keyboard commands. Take a look at the link below and see if you can use the test script that they refer to in the joystick section.

http://www.autohotke...ocs/KeyList.htm

See if you can figure out the exact command for the your joystick button that you want to use for your exit button. Then edit the line KB_Escape near the bottom of your NukeLauncher.ini, in the section labeled [KeyBindings] it should look something like this.

KB_Escape = esc

Where the "esc" is, enter the joystick button command you figure out using the test script from joystick section on the autohotkey.com site.

That should correct your issue, I can't do this for your because most joystick configurations are numbered and mine would most likely be different from yours.

Also, I don't have a joystick to test with anyway.

Please post back your findings, so that it may help other people who might have a similar issue.

Jeff

I posted my ini file before, only table order changed. I've tried all three types of exit, Kill/savekill/saveexit and all of them seem to only minimize the PB FX2 window, not close it. I have my exit set to a certain joystick button. There is no key mapping outside of the "exit" being done within pinballx configuration.

Not sure a screenshot would accurately describe.

I launch a table, play it.

I hit my pinballx exit button (joystick button)

I get back to pinballx and try to launch another table, it fails, stating that PB FX2 is already running. I exit out of PBX and at the bottom of my windows 7 taskbar, Pinball FX2 is minimized (along with the DMD window).

Hey Frodus if your running pinballfx2 and you have it set to save exit. Hit the escape key with the keyboard and see if it shuts down that way. You should see it moving down to exit. Also you need to have different exit button than pinballx uses. I set up a new button for it. My problem is after exiting steam doesn't shut down. Thats not Jeff's fault, that's steam's problem.

• Like 1

You guys rock! I had to disable escape for quit and exit emulator in pinballx and when I tried escape in the game (after going to it in pinballx) it went back to the pinballx menu. I'm halfway there. I'll probably going to use xpadder for some key presses anyway, so escape is fine. I want to have a volume up and down button using the service buttons in the cabinet.

Thanks again you two. Nukelauncher is now 100% working. Almost ready for my yearly party in a couple weeks.

This is great I have everything working , except with VP my X-Arcade tank stick is set up with X-hotkeys for nudging on top side buttons. FX2 does not respond.is autohotkey better? and if so can someone point me to a script

Nukelauncher Rocks Jeff ... also enjoyed the media works like a charm.

Hi All!

PinballX is awesome and adding NukeLancher, There's no words to say, F***ing AWESOME, Thanks to Tom & people like Jeff & JPSalas and the community at VPForums. I've got just about everything working, I've posted a video of my progress, It's been almost 2 years in the making, little here, little there :).

I don't post often but I do support. Once I get this last config worked out, I'll be able to finally button it up and move onto the next project.

Turbo Out Run Stand up Cab will be running GameEx.

I have no idea how to get the buttons mapped within PBFX2, Everything works great, in PBX and Virtual Pinball check the video out. Just no functional flippers and launch for PBFX2. I have to use the keyboard to exit out if PBFX2 "esc" If try to use the button I have mapped in PBX it crashes PBFX2 and wont come back.

Not too worried about that the button mapping should fix that.

I'm using Virtuapin Digital Plunger kit v2

Can anyone point me in the direction or assist with whats needed?

How did you map your buttons in NukeLauncher?

http://youtu.be/cIWqVgiSu9A

Thanks!

I have a similar setup. Virtuapin Plunger kit, V2 and got it working.

I used xpadder to map the escape key so it exits correctly. Mapping a keyboard keypress for escape (or other keyboard button as set in the nukelauncher.ini file) is apparently required by Nukelauncher. I used xpadder to map a few buttons. Escape, volume up and volume down. Since the Virtuapin plunger is a joystick, it doesn't come out of the box emulating a keyboard. Make sure you have it set to launch when windows starts. There are other ones out there, this is just the one I used.

Here's how to get the plunger/tilt/buttons working:

I used a program called x360ce, as pinball fx2 can use an xbox360 controller for analog input. You install in the "Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/common/Pinball FX2 directory"

On the left hand side, set left bumper to the correct joystick button (hint: click the right tab for generic joystick and hit a button and you can see which one it is)

Set the left stick axis y to Axis 1

Set the left stick axis x to Axis 2 (these are your nudge inputs)

On the right hand side, set the right bumper to the correct joystick button

Set a joystick button for "A", "B" and if you'd like, "X" and "Y". I only use A, B and X.

Set the right trigger to inverted axis 3 (IAxis3)

Leave dpad as it is, and clear any other buttons.

Then go to "advanced", set the left stick deadband to 0, and set the antideadzone to 100%

Here's a video of mine working with everything:

I still need to steak some timings to be a bit faster, but its working flawlessly.

Thanks Frodus, Do I need to do anything to call the ini file for x360ce or will it run on it's own when placed in the "Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/common/Pinball FX2 directory" ?

Also in xpadder, what profile did you use to create the Virtuapin Digital Plunger kit v2 controller with? I just fired it up and didn't mess with it too much, I was able to configure x360ce per your comments but it's not functioning in PBX2.

Thanks!!

Got xpadder figured out, Still not able to get the plunger working with x360ce. x360ce sees my controller and it functions in the program just not loading when I play PBFX2

Got Nukelauncher! Donated! Everything works great, just need to hide the DMD window borders, I have the ahk script to do it, it works but I need to load it with nuke launcher, and close the script when pinball FX2 closes. What do I do?

Thank you guys!

.... sorry fellas, nevermind, it worked itself out :) Cheers!

NUKE DMD within the nukelauncher does it's job!

Does anyone know how to disable the enter key(start) for a set period of time when the table is launched? I want to keep people from mashing buttons when tables are loading. I want to keep start button functionality so when the game is done, I can start another without exiting to pinballx.

Thanks!

I tried 2 player tonight and it will go into 2 player, but won't hit enter to select it.

Has anyone else gotten multi-player working? Maybe I've got it set wrong.

Edit: auto hot key, blockinput will enable ahk keystrokes and mouse clicks, but disables user input.

Thanks!

Hey to all!

First let me say what a great program nukelauncher is and I -almost- got it set up right.

For the correct table picking, I had to change "rows x columns" to "columns x rows". So it went from 8x6 to 6x8.
Does anyone alse have this? I am playing in landscape mode by the way.

The only thing that it does not is exit Pinball FX2. I think Nukelauncher can't select exit game with a grid of 6x8. Can you confirm this?

Thanks in advance.

Luuk

Edit:
- My menu is exactly like the one in the documentation and Jeff's first post. Southpark Left Top, Football number 14, Using Steam Version.

NukeLauncher.ini

Pinball FX2.xml

PinballX.ini