All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] NukeLauncher - NukeFX for (Pinball FX2)

time299

Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone could give me a hand.
When I launch a table(Pinball fx2) in PinballX it opens the wrong table in NukeLauncher
Tried setting StartLocation at 1 and 14.
Running PC version of Pinball FX2
Uploaded required files/screenshot to this link - https://mega.co.nz/#!8UIwjDZa!Gijq_6ax5Rqmq2_jlv6GIz7HQsga5JHfaikPGZKilHU

Cheers Madfrog

Hey Madfrog

If when you open Pinball FX2 the highlighted table is in the upper left spot.

Then your StartLocation should be set to 1

This is documented here http://www.nukelauncher.com/item.asp?iid=13#StartLocation

You need to add the two Southpark tables to your XML and then follow the instructions documented here http://www.nukelauncher.com/item.asp?iid=13#ManuallyAddTables to add them to your PinballTables variable in the nukelauncher.ini

Try that and you should be good to go.

Jeff / Time299

Hi Guys,

I have setup nukelauncher for pinball fx 2 and have got it working great from the command line. I have also setup pinball X to use nukelauncher with the basic settings recomended (Settings below). However when I try to launch a Pinball FX2 table from Pinbal X I just see the loading screen and nothing happens.

After looking at the log file I had to change the Executable path to "Executable=Steam\NukeLauncher.exe" instead of just "NukeLauncher.exe" otherwise it was trying to run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\NukeLauncher.exe....." if I followed the default settings.

---------

[system_1]
Name=Pinball FX2
Enabled=True
WorkingPath=C:\Program Files (x86)
TablePath=
Executable=Steam\NukeLauncher.exe
Parameters="[TABLEFILE]"
SystemType=0

------------

08:42:18.3 10/01/2015: PinballX - Version 1.92
08:42:18.5 10/01/2015: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit (3.4GB)
08:42:18.5 10/01/2015: Loading Settings
08:42:18.5 10/01/2015: Initialize Component
08:42:18.5 10/01/2015: Initialize Display
08:42:18.6 10/01/2015: Loading PlugIns
08:42:18.7 10/01/2015: Created DirectX BackGlass Window
08:42:18.9 10/01/2015: Hiding Cursor
08:42:18.9 10/01/2015: Hiding Taskbar
08:42:19.0 10/01/2015: CPU: Intel® Celeron® CPU 1007U @ 1.50GHz
08:42:19.0 10/01/2015: GPU 1: Intel® HD Graphics
08:42:19.0 10/01/2015: Displays: 2
08:42:19.0 10/01/2015: Load Game List
08:42:19.1 10/01/2015: Loading Database: Future Pinball
08:42:19.1 10/01/2015: Loading Database: Visual Pinball
08:42:19.1 10/01/2015: Loading Database: Pinball FX2
08:42:19.1 10/01/2015: Finding and matching artwork and videos
08:42:19.5 10/01/2015: Loading Game Statistics and Scores
08:42:19.9 10/01/2015: Loading Surfaces
08:42:20.4 10/01/2015: Finished Loading Surfaces
08:42:20.4 10/01/2015: Initialize Audio
08:42:20.5 10/01/2015: Set Keyboard Controls
08:42:20.5 10/01/2015: Initialize Joystick
08:42:20.5 10/01/2015: No Joysticks Attached
08:42:20.5 10/01/2015: Started
08:42:25.3 10/01/2015: Launch System
08:42:25.3 10/01/2015: Waiting for threads
08:42:25.5 10/01/2015: Disposing display
08:42:28.4 10/01/2015: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\NukeLauncher.exe "Plants vs. Zombies"
08:42:43.5 10/01/2015: Created DirectX BackGlass Window
08:42:46.8 10/01/2015: Exiting
08:42:47.6 10/01/2015: Showing Taskbar
08:42:47.8 10/01/2015: Unhiding Mouse Cursor
08:42:47.9 10/01/2015: Disposing Plugins
08:42:47.9 10/01/2015: Saving Settings
08:42:48.0 10/01/2015: Bye

-----------

I have to press escape or enter and it go's back into pinball x.

Any ideas?

Try,

WorkingPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\

Executable=NukeLauncher.exe

Hey,

Just tried that and same thing, in the log even when the path looks correct which it is trying to run, it just stays on the loading screen inside Pinball X.

If I enter the same path in command prompt it runs nukelauncher no problem and launches the pinball fx table.

This is how my PinballX config is set and working consistently for PBFX2:

[system_1]
Name=Pinball FX2
Enabled=True
WorkingPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
TablePath=
Executable=Nukelauncher.exe
Parameters="[TABLEFILE]"
SystemType=0
Are your games setup in Game List Manager properly? I believe they have to sync up with what's in your Nukelauncher config. Maybe they're named incorrectly?

try to run pinballX in windowed fullscreen mode. just a wilod guess, but there seem to be some conflicts between pinnballx and the games lately.

[Display]

Monitor=0

rotate=270

Windowed=False

FullScreenWindowed=True

Hey,

Thanks! That worked! So it seems that a dialog was popping up asking if it can run Pinball FX (Which i was not seeing before), I selected do not prompt again and then ok. Pinball FX then started.

I changed settings back to full screen and it seems to be working ok now.

Thanks guys!

Glad it worked.

That dialog sounds like a Windows uac prompt. Disable it for God's sake (if you feel save with computers)!!! --> google how to

Also it is best to run apps like pinballx nukelauncher etc. as administrator - right click on exe and go to properties

Thanks MPad for helping him find the issue.

I have added the Disable UNC and "Run as an Administrator" with screen shots and instructions to the documentation for both NukeFX and NukePA, so hopefully future users will know to do that before they run into the same issues.

Thanks again, MPad

Jeff / Time299

NO, NO, NO, that can lead to several other complications, read the documentation.

Here is a direct link to the "File Placement" section of the documentation

http://www.nukelauncher.com/item.asp?iid=13#FilePlacement

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\

not

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\pinball fx2

Jeff / Time299

Hi Jeff, that is actually the directions that I was trying to follow!

Note this part of that page:

These files must be run from the same folder from which Pinball FX2 or Steam or Xbox Live App is running, or you will get a security warning or Pinball FX2 will crash or you may get the dreaded "Steam is still running" message.

This is why I linked to my particular steam setup, it is completely different than what the nukelauncher directions reference!

My steam folder path looks like this:

program files x86 \steam\steamapps\common\pinball fx2

So following those nukelauncher directions to the letter would seem to tell you to put the files in there. However you reply a triple capital no, hence the confusion.

Hey All

I have updated the docs to hopefully make it crystal clear with a picture.

Make sure you have the files in the correct location. See example paths below. These files must be run from the same folder from which Pinball FX2 or Steam or Xbox Live App is running, or you will get a security warning or Pinball FX2 will crash or you may get the dreaded "Steam is still running" message. If you just downloaded this and opened it from your downloads folder or desktop, now is a good time to move it to your Pinball FX2 or Steam folder. Move all the files that came in the zip there now and continue with the next step.

Also make a note of this location you will need it later in the setup.
Steam Example Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\
PC Example Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Game Studios\Pinball FX\
Xbox Live Example Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Studios.PinballFx2_1.3 .0.452_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe\
Special note to Steam users: Do not put the NukeFX files in this location "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\pinball fx2"

NukeFX_FilePath_Steam.png

Hey Frodus

It was great meeting you too,

I had a great time and look forward to getting together again soon to work on this fun hobby.

It was nice to see everything I have labored over come together and work in a real way that I don't often see.

P.S. Thank you so much for the iPac I know I will be putting it to use soon.

Jeff / Time299

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys!,

So I did have Nuke Launcher working perfectly (For about 5 mins) but I have 2 big problems now.

The first problem is that after i exit pinball FX and go back to Pinball X, if I try to launch another table I always see the 'Failed to start game, App already running' steam error and I have to 'ctrl, alt del' to close any Pinball FX process still running.

The other issue I seem to now have is that no matter what table I chose it will always open the first (South Park) table. I have tried messing with the config file settings but nothing has worked so far.

UAC is turned off and Nuke Launcher is set to run as administrator.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,

I had that too. The issue was that my exit key needed to be set up correctly. I map my exit for pinballx to be esc, but I need to set esc as exit within nukelauncher. The issue was, nukelauncher wouldn't know to close the game, but pinballx would think it was exited and gain focus. The game went to the background and never closed.... and pinballx would not know this and try to start it again.

As far as the config file, post your nukelauncher.ini file.

• Like 2

Thanks Frodus!

That fixed the exit issue! So now the only issue I have left is it always selecting the south park table (First table). Config file below.

[NukeLauncher]
Version = 1.7
XMLFile = E:\Pincade\Frontends\PinballX\Databases\Pinball FX2\Pinball FX2.xml ;NOTES: Path to your Pinball FX2.xml or path to your Fake roms folder if using GameEx
GridDimensions = 8x7 ;NOTES: Default: 7x7 - your grid dimensions rows x colums other setting are 7x7|8x6
NumberofPlayers = 1 ;NOTES: Default: 1 - other setting are 2|3|4
DMDstyle = clean ;NOTES: Default: clean - other setting are normal|clean|p2k see (Nuke Read Me First) for more info
StartDelay = 25000 ;NOTES: Default: 15000 - for time between launch and first keystoke.
ScreenDelay = 1000 ;NOTES: Default: 1000 - for time between screen changes
MovementDelay = 20 ;NOTES: Default: 20 - for menu movement speed. mine works as low as 10
StartLocation = 1 ;NOTES: Default: 12 - for start location some have reported 1 for start location if not paid for football tables
FootballLocation = 6 ;NOTES: Default: 12 - for football table
ExitMethod = savekill ;NOTES: Default: savekill - other setting are kill|savekill|saveexit see (Nuke Read Me First) for more info
PinballTables = South Park - Super Sweet Pinball,South Park - Butters Very Own Pinball Game,Star Wars - Episode V The Empire Strikes Back,Star Wars - The Clone Wars,Star Wars - Boba Fett,Football - Zen, Marvel - The Avengers,Marvel - Fear Itself,Marvel - The Infinity Gauntlet,Marvel - World War Hulk,Marvel - Blade,Marvel - Iron Man,Marvel - Spider Man,Marvel - Wolverine,Plants vs. Zombies,Shaman,Tesla,El Dorado,V12,Sorcerers Lair,The Walking Dead,Star Wars - Han Solo,Star Wars - Droids,Star Wars - Episode IV A New Hope,Star Wars - Masters of the Force,Star Wars - Episode VI Return of the Jedi,Star Wars - Starfighter Assault,Star Wars - Darth Vader,Marvel - Venom, Marvel - Guardians of the Galaxy,Marvel - Deadpool,Marvel - Doctor Strange,Marvel - Captain America,Marvel - Fantastic Four,Marvel - Civil War,Marvel - Thor,Marvel - Moon Knight,Marvel - Ghost Rider,Marvel - X-Men,Splosion Man,Earth Defense,Mars,Excalibur,Paranormal,Epic Quest,Secrets of the Deep,Biolab,Pasha,Rome

FootballTables = Football - Zen,

[LastLoad]
LastFootball = Football - Zen

[KeyBindings]
KB_Left_Flip =
KB_Right_Flip =
KB_Left_Nudge = z
KB_Right_Nudge = /
KB_Center_Nudge =
KB_Ball_Launch =
KB_Escape = esc
KB_ViewChange = tab