All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] NukeLauncher - NukeFX for (Pinball FX2)

time299

CFX

Post the stuff requested in my sig, so we can help you out.

I'm at the office atm, but I'm going to play with timings a bit more after I get home. If I continue to have any problems, I'll post up.

I think you still have copies of all the files in pm's I sent prior.

Thanks!

C..

Everything works fine here, exept if i start stop some tables and then exit pinballx i see in windows that pinballfx2 has not shutdown properly all the tables i played are still open.

I tried the 3 exit methods in the script but no success.

Okay, progress has been made and it's a strange situation! GameManager recognises all my tables, I have the media from the FTP site and it all works, nukelauncher finds all the tables including football tables (after Jeff's help with that) and Pinball FX2 works without issue. Launching any table that has a single word for the name, for example Shaman, Biolab, Pasha all work perfectly from PinballX, any table that is more than one word for the title always defaults to launching Han Solo. How weird is that?

Anyone have a working setup and can post up the exact table file names they are using? I'd appreciate it!

C..

CFX

I keep asking you to attach your files, so we can help you out. I bet if you send them, I will spot your problem quickly.

If I had to guess again, I would say your problem lies in the PinballX.ini

See below taken from the support page.

Edit your PinballX.ini located in C:\PinballX\Config\. Change the following lines:

[system_1]
Name=Pinball FX2
Enabled=True
WorkingPath=C:\PinballX\games\Pinball FX2 <--- Change this to same path you determined in the "File Placement" section of this document.
TablePath=
Executable=NukeLauncher.exe
Parameters="[TABLEFILE]" <--- Don't forget the quotes.
SystemType=0

It sounds like yous is like this Parameters=[TABLEFILE]

and it should be like this Parameters="[TABLEFILE]"

Thanks, rockyrocket

Is everything working well with your setup now?

Yep, no problems at all now we have the new exit options in the latest build.

Had to manually edit the ini in the early versions but now it works great in both PinballX and GameEx - thanks again.

Ok, I see your problem and there are several.

Your "XMLFile = C:\PinballX\config\Pinball FX2\" line is not pointing to your Pinball FX2.XML file it's pointing to the PinballX.ini folder.

From Documentation:Edit the "XMLFile" to point to your Pinball FX2.xml database. It will read the PinballX and HyperPin databases.Example Path: C:\PinballX\Databases\Pinball FX2\Pinball FX2.xmlExample Path: C:\HyperPin\Databases\Pinball FX2\Pinball FX2.xml

Your Pinball FX2.xml is missing a bunch of tables. By my count you have 29 tables listed in your Pinball FX2.XML and you have 46 listed in your NukeLauncher.ini and a bunch of the names don't match. How did you get to this point?

Your table names in NukeLauncher.ini must match your table names from your Pinball FX2.xml.

The next thing you need to do is fix your XML file to list all of the tables listed in your version of Pinball FX2. Even if you don't want them or play them, they have to be listed to act as place holders for the menu locations.

From Documentation:You must have all of the Pinball FX2 tables in your XML file. If you haven't bought a table or don't want it to show in your front end, edit your XML file and mark the ones you don't want to show as <enabled>False</enabled>.

Next open your nukelauncher.ini file and clear the values for the following three variables PinballTables, FootballTables and LastFootball so those three lines should look like this. That will trigger NukeLauncher to re detect your tables from the XML.

PinballTables =

FootballTables =

LastFootball =

Then run Nukelauncher.exe you will see a message telling you that it Has or Has not detected your tables. If it does then you are all set, if not then it will tell you what tables it doesn't recognize. Then refer to the support section on manually adding your tables. http://www.nukelauncher.com/item.asp?iid=13#ManuallyAddTables pay special attention to the part that says (You want the part that says name="name of game")

Also tell us what your Pinball FX2 main menu looks like. Example: Is the top left table The Walking Dead and what position is your Football table located? and table is the start position, A screen shot would be helpful.

I am finishing up on version 1.8. Should be ready sometime next week.
It will have few more new features like the following.

1. Debug mode that will save a nuke.log file for help with support.
  2. Better support for P2k cabinets.
  3. Better exit checking by making sure Pinball FX2 is the active window before sending the Alt-F4 command.

Ok, I see your problem and there are several.

Your "XMLFile = C:\PinballX\config\Pinball FX2\" line is not pointing to your Pinball FX2.XML file it's pointing to the PinballX.ini folder.

Sorry that was a quick edit this morning before heading out to the office and I obviously copied and pasted the wrong path - my mistake.

Your Pinball FX2.xml is missing a bunch of tables. By my count you have 29 tables listed in your Pinball FX2.XML and you have 46 listed in your NukeLauncher.ini and a bunch of the names don't match. How did you get to this point?

I got to this point last night after downloading horsey's database from the ftp - which allowed thngs to semi-work for the first time

I've had 12 hours of sleep in 6 days and mistakes are going to happen. Horsey's database is the first one that worked loading tables since I started messing with pinball fx2 and pinballx. I'll go redo everything from scratch again and I'll get it sorted out. Don't want to take up your time unnecessarily in my sleep deprived delirium.

Regards,

C..

No problem, I'm happy to help, I was just scratching my head thinking WTF nothing is matching up.

Yea that database that horsey's posted is very old now.

If you look on the NukeLauncher site under support XMLFile= I have a link to a current updated XML file with all of the current tables.

http://www.nukelauncher.com/item.asp?iid=13#XMLFile

Go grab that for a starting point then edit it by changing the <game name="xxxxx"> to match your media file names for each table instead of mine.

Also make sure all of the tables in my XML are present in your version of Pinball FX2. That is why in the docs I was saying take a screen shot or write all of your table names down, so you know everything in your XML matches up with everything in your version of pinball FX2.

Then clear the three variables I mentioned in my previous post and run NukeLauncher. The guessing engine will take over and match up the proper order and write out the three variables to you INI.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

And good luck.

After getting 4 hours of straight sleep and the stress of being 24/7 oncall solving the worlds (well, our clients at least :P ) IT problems for the last week has now ended, I was able to tackle things with a semi-fresh mind.

I got fed up with the problems I've had and simply restarted the whole cab project from scratch. Clean windows install, new pinballx, vp, pfx2, etc. and I'm happy to say things are working as they should now. No idea what the glitch was, but it's gone now.

Thanks for the help!

C..

Hey guys,

Anyone have a video of NukeLauncher in action. I don't have a pinball cab setup yet, but I want to add a video to the NukeLauncher site.
So i'm calling on my new friends here to make some videos. I would prefer videos of Pinball Cabs, but I will take what I can get.

I will post the video on the NukeLauncher site and give credit to you for donating the video.

If I get several videos submissions I will pick my favorite. I may setup a page for the others, but it depends on how many I receive.

Post it to YouTube and send me a privet message with a link.

Thanks,

Jeff / time299

Well I got this going today. Took a few minutes as I stupidly copied and pasted your comments about the path and quotes into my pinball x config file. I'm not sure if the table matching worked, I had to add all my table names myself but that was likely due to my config file error. It's working flawlessly for me now.

I also donated more than $15 but for some reason I don't appear to have received the automatic email for the link to the media pack. I'd really like that if possible as it will save me a bunch of time completing my pinball x setup

I also donated more than $15 but for some reason I don't appear to have received the automatic email for the link to the media pack. I'd really like that if possible as it will save me a bunch of time completing my pinball x setup

Not seen anything from Time299 in a week or so. I emailed him also from my paypal account for the link, but not heard anything. Regardless, Nukelauncher is a cool product and I hope he's doing ok and all's well.

C..

Hey Guys

I am so sorry about the delay in the media pack promised to donors on the website. I had to travel out of state to see my son graduate and I had hoped to finish the media pack before I left, however I was not happy with the DMD videos, so I re-edited them all and that taken a lot of time. Now that I am back I will get this done ASAP. I will email the donors as soon as it’s all done, most likely later today.

Again thanks you for the support.

Jeff

• Like 1

Hey Guys

I am so sorry about the delay in the media pack promised to donors on the website. I had to travel out of state to see my son graduate and I had hoped to finish the media pack before I left, however I was not happy with the DMD videos, so I re-edited them all and that taken a lot of time. Now that I am back I will get this done ASAP. I will email the donors as soon as it’s all done, most likely later today.

Again thanks you for the support.

Jeff

Jeff,

No worries man. Glad to hear all's well and congrats on the son's graduation! I'm actually starting the cab build today and once finished, I hope to be able to get you some videos of Nukelauncher in action!

C..

Thanks for the update Jeff!!

I've already got nuke launcher running on my cab and can get some videos if needed.

Only question I have is, is it possible to have nuke launcher pickup a gamepad input for exit? I use a v2 virtua pin controller which is detected as a gamepad. At present I'm just using xpadder and have remapped the button to another key than esc. If I mapped xpadder to esc a single press would exit both pfx2 and pinball x. It does take 2 button presses to return to pinball x with this setup but it works. If I don't use xpadder I can press my exit button and I return to pinball x but pfx2 keeps running in the background

The videos would be great.

I'm not sure about the v2 virtua pin controller I have no experience with it.

Take a look at this and see if you can use the test script that they refer to in the joystick section.

http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/KeyList.htm

See if you can figure out the exact command for the button you want to use for your exit button. Then edit the line KB_Escape near the bottom of your NukeLauncher.ini, in the section labeled [KeyBindings] it should look something like this.

KB_Escape = esc

Where the "esc" is, enter the joystick button command you found using the test script from joystick section on the autohotkey.com site.

I have no idea if that will work but it might.

I wish I could help more, but I don't have anything to test that with.