All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Retro link controllers

Mute64

Having a few drinks this weekend with abit of retro gaming.

I ordered a wireless receiver for my 360 controllers and some retro link controllers n64. .. and just my luck they arived today just in time to set them up for my weekend. . Super pumped.

So I will use my wireless 360 controller for games that are not n64.. apart from marioparty and international track n field coz those games are controller destroyers.

My setup is almost complete now...

Next all I need is some light guns n maybe some more retro link controllers. .

Will post vids when its set up :)

I have full set of RetroUSB adaptors for NES, SNES, Megadrive, Master System. They are a great job. I have a Mayflash adaptor for Wii remote and Saturn.

I also have a couple of wireless Xbox 360 controllers.

I use Xpadder to map all my controllers to the same keys, this means that if I'm just sitting on the sofa I can grab an xbox controller and play away or if I want I can go over to the cupboard grab a real SNES pad, plug it in and continue playing without any need to change any controller settings in the emulator.

As for lightguns I've played with a few different types and the AimTrak is by far the best but emulator setup is such a pain. Don't get me wrong sitting playing TimeCrisis or PointBlank is great, when it's all working, especially since adding the recoil to my AimTrak... but I just know having not played it in a few months when I go back to it something will have broke in the setup

There's so many variables, gun calibration with windows, screen resolution, game resolution (fullscreen stretch versus non-stretch), gun calibration in the game itself... the list goes on, you get one game working and it breaks another :) but it is sooo worth it for those short lived moments of joy when you have it all working :)

• Like 2

That sounds epicly epic lol.

Hmmmm using xpader could be a good idea but I like to have my joystick on my controller emulate the joystick... rather than have the joystick emulate buttons that emulate the joystick... . Coz there is a difference right, if im not mistaken? ... dunno lol ill do some testing.

The difference is that you will lose analogue controls so for systems like the N64 or newer this isn't an option but for older systems NES, SNES, Master System, Megadrive, Saturn even most PSX1 games it's only digital controls so there's no harm.

Xpadder is very customisable you can assign multiple profiles to a controller, so if I hold Start and press Back on my 360 pad it loads a blank profile which gives me the full analogue control back for other systems. Hold Start and press Up and I'm back to 'key' mode.