All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Incorrect mappings - Play, Pause, Menu

All,

Editted this after i posted.... just PLAY is the issue

Spotted another problem whilst setting up my keyboard.ini. The issue is i set the play button to use the "P" key but instead of sending the play command it sends the power off command to my STB.

Power, power on and power off are all unmapped. Changing the play command to another key fixes the problem but i would like to use "P" as that is the button i use in XBMC and would like to keep it the same.

Using Slingbox 350 and Humax HDR-1000s

Hope this can be fixed also

Thanks

Actually i looked into this a bit further and discovered that several commands cannot just be left at =0 to prevent some sort of hard locked key working. For example with the play button above one of the power buttons (power, power on, power off) is linked to "P" however just setting all power commands to =0 will not prevent "P" from shutting down my Humax. To get around this i had to remap all three power commands to unused keys so that "P" would not power off my system.

Hope this makes sense......

I discovered the same when i went to map rewind, skip forward and skip back which were all mapped to appquality settings and show/hide remote. Again the only way to use these keys was to remap all quality commands and the show/hide remote command to other keys not in use. Leaving them at =0 does not disable their function!

Quite hard to explan that so hope you catch my drift

Actually i looked into this a bit further and discovered that several commands cannot just be left at =0 to prevent some sort of hard locked key working. For example with the play button above one of the power buttons (power, power on, power off) is linked to "P" however just setting all power commands to =0 will not prevent "P" from shutting down my Humax. To get around this i had to remap all three power commands to unused keys so that "P" would not power off my system.

Hope this makes sense......

I discovered the same when i went to map rewind, skip forward and skip back which were all mapped to appquality settings and show/hide remote. Again the only way to use these keys was to remap all quality commands and the show/hide remote command to other keys not in use. Leaving them at =0 does not disable their function!

Quite hard to explan that so hope you catch my drift

Ok, so essentially when a function is mapped to key code zero is behaves erratically.

Does it make any difference if you edit these settings from inside SlingFront rather than directly in the ini file?

Nope same both ways, its as if certain functions "remember" their default bindings even when set to =0 so if you reallocate the default key to something else the original function is executed.

Try setting anything to the "P" key e.g. play. press the button on your remote and it might turn your freesat/freeview box off like mine does.

• 1 month later...