All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Exiting VPinmame and returning to GameEx

daveortiz2004

I've searched the archives and haven't found a definitive solution to the problem of exiting a table and ending back at the Windows desktop but upon a control alt delete, it shows GameEx is still active.

Like many people have written already, once set up, Vpinmame runs great with the help of vpauto.exe (menus bypassed), but we get shut out of GameEx when exiting.

I've tested this out a bit and noticed a couple things.

About half of my table collection go back to GameEx and the other half go back to the desktop.

Upon further research, I tried creating Snaps of my collection and the offending tables when closing brought up a window saying that "Visual Pinball has encountered a problem" and the standard send error report message followed. I needed to click don't send report or the box would show up as part of my snap. GameEx still continued to switch between tables flawlessly to create the snaps even with the message active.

Since this is a Windows, message, maybe vpauto.exe can't bypass the message? And maybe this message is trying to pop up when vpinmame is terminating, causing a conflict.

Could this be the culprit for this problem?

I've searched the archives and haven't found a definitive solution to the problem of exiting a table and ending back at the Windows desktop but upon a control alt delete, it shows GameEx is still active.

Like many people have written already, once set up, Vpinmame runs great with the help of vpauto.exe (menus bypassed).

I've tested this out a bit and noticed a couple things.

About half of my table collection goes back to GameEx and the other half go back to the desktop.

Upon further research, I tried creating Snaps of my collection and the offending tables when closing brought up a window saying that "Visual Pinball has encountered a problem" and the standard send error report message followed.

Since this is a Windows, message, maybe vpauto.exe can't bypass the message?

Could this be the culprit for this problem?

What version of GameEx are you using, and have you tried turning on map keys?

Are you using the latest version of Visual Pinball? I believe this bug was fixed.

I'm running vers 7

I have mapkeys on. Here's my config.

[Emulator_3]

Enabled=True

StartPageName=Pinball Games

TitleText=Pinball

StartPageLogo=pinball

RomFilter=*.vpt

RomsInFolders=False

ROMPath=C:\pinballpack\Visual Pinball\Tables

SnapPath=C:\pinballpack\Visual Pinball\SNAPS

WorkingPath=C:\pinballpack\Visual Pinball\Tables

MapKeys=True

WaitBeforeKeys=

SendKeys=

ReplaceDash=True

ReplaceUnder=True

Capitals=True

RemoveBrackets=True

AlsoLaunch=[apppath]\vpauto.exe

ShowDesktop=True

Debug=False

MapFile=

OLDatZip=

Command=..\vpinball -play -"[ROMFILE]"

TitlePath=C:\pinballpack\Visual Pinball\SNAPS

BoxPath=

LaunchBefore=

LaunchAfter=

CartPath=

configFile=Visual Pinball

ExcludedFiles=

CustomBackground=bak.avi

Import=

Export=

DumbyValue=

PlayMusic=

PCGame=

DATABASE=

• 1 month later...
What version of GameEx are you using, and have you tried turning on map keys?

Are you using the latest version of Visual Pinball? I believe this bug was fixed.

I just upgraded GameEx to the most current version and am still having similar problems. When I exit a Pinball Table, it goes back to GameEx, but the pinball table is running in the backgroung. I have to exit GameEx and then manually shut down the pinball table. My config is the identical to what's been posted and I've tried all the suggestions that I have found on the forum. Another thing that I noticed is that after updating to the new GameEx version. The Pinball Tables in my favorites are not the same table that plays (i.e. when I select Dolly Parton-yes I play that :P - from the favorites menu, it is a completely different pinball table. I figured I would just remove them and start over, but I thought I would make you aware of it. Thanks.