All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

1943: The Battle of Midway

DazzleHP

1943: The Battle of Midway
1943: The Battle of Midway Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 Mame Offender 2,490,810 Mame Offender's Hi-Score Entry
2 Cynicaster 690,230 Cynicaster's Hi-Score Entry
3 ExedExes 564,700 ExedExes's Hi-Score Entry
4 Yung-Jedi 354,810 Yung-Jedi's Hi-Score Entry
5 DazzleHP 315,470 DazzleHP's Hi-Score Entry
6 hansolo77 249,060 hansolo77's Hi-Score Entry
7 wolfman24 221,830 wolfman24's Hi-Score Entry
8 Floyd Turbo 174,200 Floyd Turbo's Hi-Score Entry
9 rtkiii 165,670 rtkiii's Hi-Score Entry
10 millerbrad 161,200 millerbrad's Hi-Score Entry
Last Updated by hansolo77: 01-28-2019

plus10.jpg

1. Luigimaker - 156,360 (link)
  2. GimmeClassics - 150,500 (link)
  3. garetmax - 66,900 (link)
  4. murve33 - 43,000 (link)

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for 1943: The Battle of Midway:

ROMSet: 1943
Difficulty: 8 [Normal]
Flip screen: Off
Freeze: Off
Allow Continue: No
Special Rules: This is a Single Player ONLY Variation! Continues are NOT allowed!

The green coloured default values match the Twin Galaxies settings.
The red coloured values need to be changed!

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide: :link:
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide: :link:
# general rules for submitting you hi-score: :link:
# the above settings are the default Twin Galaxies settings > pending

We present to you a bonus game this month: 1943!

This is one of the classic shoot 'em ups from a great period in the arcade universe. It's a personal fave of mine from my childhood and in all honesty it is probably the shmup that made me the fan i am today. My cousin, my Dad and my brother and I would pump this machine till it was overflowing back in the day. I hope you guys find it even a tiny a bit as enjoyable as the fond memories i have of it. Good luck!

~Daz

PS: i tried it earlier, and yup i suck! lol :P

• Like 5

Oh yeah!! What a solid vertical scrolling shooter this one is!! I will be up there on this one, because I have often been able to get to the 15th on one credit. When I get back to my X Arcade machine in Saskatoon, I will have to have a couple of runs at 'ol 1943.

• Like 2

This pew pew is a tough one for me.

15th board per Mame O?! wow, no way for me, 4th board was crazy as hell.

Yung-Jedi 354,810

post-26673-0-69718500-1409987990_thumb.j

..yeah um.. i think we missed that one..

Here's my 1st posting (not 1st attempt)...

Score: 127,230

Level: 1/2 way through Second Level

Initials: HAN

Proof: post-569-0-71529900-1410470821_thumb.png

(If nobody catches it, I will update my score in boards/DBM. Got company over, we're competing on games, so I might have a few more to post. :D )

Well guys, I hate to disappoint, but it looks like a 14 board run isn't coming any time soon! I gave er a few runs last night and I kept dying on the 4th level. I will most definitely be giving her another go tonight to see if I can get past that fourth.

Actually, I found that the fourth is pretty tough. The 5th and 6th are not difficult, the 7th is tough, then the 8th and 9th are pretty easy.

I knew I was gonna be #2, but I thought it was gonna be down from #1. A bit too late!

ExedExes - 564,700

Yeah 32 mins earlier and you could have enjoyed 1st for one minute ^_^ Still your score is way better than most can achieve in this and i have a feeling this ain't your last ;)

*Updated OP, DB, RSS.

Gimme, a tip to help your score a bit:

Upon destroying the battleship(when it starts to burn) have 3 way fire or machine gun and shoot your fastest at the 4 pieces of shrapnel that project from the centre of the ship. You get 10k a piece and 100k if you are good enough to hit all four pieces of metal.

Always keep your eyes peeled for hidden gems. They are usually located either left or right of the screen and submerged in clouds. Another common spot is directly above the battleships before you swoop down closer to them.

To get you started, there is a cow located on the left side in some clouds about 2/3 to 3/4 through the first board and it gets you a cool 20k.

On the second board shoot the right side highest battleship as there is a hidden strawberry there. Act fast though, if you drag your feet on picking it up, you will miss out.

:huh:

• Like 3

Gimme, a tip to help your score a bit:

Upon destroying the battleship(when it starts to burn) have 3 way fire or machine gun and shoot your fastest at the 4 pieces of shrapnel that project from the centre of the ship. You get 10k a piece and 100k if you are good enough to hit all four pieces of metal.

Always keep your eyes peeled for hidden gems. They are usually located either left or right of the screen and submerged in clouds. Another common spot is directly above the battleships before you swoop down closer to them.

To get you started, there is a cow located on the left side in some clouds about 2/3 to 3/4 through the first board and it gets you a cool 20k.

On the second board shoot the right side highest battleship as there is a hidden strawberry there. Act fast though, if you drag your feet on picking it up, you will miss out.

:huh:

Thanks man !! I was totally unaware of these hidden awards...Very cool of you to share this with us B) !

I will definitely try to boost my 1943 hi-score :)

• 2 months later...

I should've done better really - but again, much harder than i remember ^_^ I'm beginning to think my memory is warped :P And yes, i did enter "DAY" for the second time heheh

I'm not done with this: 229,370

*Updated OP, DB, RSS.

You should definitely try to beat 250K....why is that ? ....Well, you know....

...Sorry guys..stupid Mod talk :P ...or not :mellow:^_^

Updated LB

• Like 1