All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Has anyone got wheel images for real pindmd2 for use in pinballx?

xzotic

I found a DMD wheel pack for use with Pinballx in another thread but unfortunately these are normal res/format files for LCD display only.

I tried converting the images using the hyperpin online utility that is supposed to take a raw image and convert for pindmd use. But that online utility won't save the final file for some reason?

The latest pinballx (beta) supports the display of pinmame roms running through the real DMD when flicking through tables on the fronted. However this is not desirable as many of the pins don't show the name of the game straight away and then of course there are many that don't have DMD support at all. I would prefer just a static wheel image to show for every table.

I've searched high and low on google and I can't seem to find anyone who has already done a wheel pack for real dmd's suitable for Pinballx? Has no one done this yet?

If not, then how can I properly convert a normal wheel image to one with 16 shades suitable for the PINDMD2? I did try in photoshop and the resulting png file displayed without any shades (all dots were max intensity rendering the image pretty much useless).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.