All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[Final] Wolf IX Video Armageddon 2 [MAME]

wolfman24

Single Internet Gaming Bash

1. - Selected games will be played for the entire five week period Start will be October 13th and will end November 17th

2. - Auto fire is not allowed

3. - Adjudication – Creating INPs is encouraged but not necessary. If there are any score disputes the player in question must submit a separate INP of their game play for approval. In this case, it is suggested to create INPs for large scores and/or long play-sessions.

4. - Submissions: players should submit their scores via http://retrovg.herokuapp.com/

5. - All games must be completed and submissions received no later than 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time on November 17th. Any scores submitted after this time will not be valid.

6. Scoring: Will be based on the total number of participants. If there are 50 entrants, the highest score will receive 50 points. The next highest score will receive 49 points and will continue in descending order with the lowest score receiving a single point.

Looking forward to an awesome tournament!

amazing scoreboard made by alexgunslinger

Any questions, write [email protected]

Prizes

1st place gets 60 dollars worth of steam cash, ps card,nintendo 3ds card, amazon card, or xbox card

2nd place gets 40 dollars worth of steam cash, ps card,nintendo 3ds card, amazon card, or xbox card

3rd place gets 20 dollars worth of steam cash, ps card, nintendo 3ds card, amazon card, or xbox cash

and 120 dollars worth of steam cash, ps card, nintendo 3ds card, amazon card, or xbox card in mystery prizes

mystery bounties

3 random game related (positions, score submission, or anything else related)

3 charity related ones(each $5 donated to breast cancer research or any charity will give you one number at the end i will roll the dice if you number is chosen you will win the bounty, for these bounties post the donation ticket or receipt you can black out your name)

games and dips

crazy kong

lives 3

bonus life 7000

coinage 1c/1c

cabinet upright

fairyland story

bonus life 30k 100k

free play off

lives 3

debug mode off

flip screen off

cabinet upright

coin a 1c/1c

coin b 1c/1c

allow continue yes

attract animation on

leave off off

invulnerability (cheat) off

coin slots 2

bosconian

service mode off

difficulty medium

unknown off

demo sounds on

freeze off

allow continue yes

unused off

cabinet upright

coinage 1c/1c

bonus fighter 10k, 50k, every 50k

lives 3

galaxian

cabinet upright

service mode off

coinage 1c/1c

bonus life 7000

lives 3

unused off

super punch out

difficulty easy

time longest

demo sounds on

rematch at a discount off

unused off

service mode off

coinage 1c/1c

unused off

copyright nintendo

vanguard

cabinet upright

coinage 2c/1c

lives 3

coinage bonus 1c/1c

unused off

contra

coin a 1c/1c

coin b 1c/1c

lives 3

cabinet upright

bonus life 30k 70k

difficulty easy

demo sounds on

flip screen off

upright controls single

service mode off

sound stereo

magical crystals

all off

dig dug

service mode off

coin b 1c/1c

bonus life 20k 60k only

lives 3

difficulty easy

cabinet upright

allow continue yes

demo sounds on

freeze off

coin a 1c/1c

trog

service mode off

unused off

unused off

unused off

coinage 1

coinage source cmos

cabinet upright

test switch

off

video freeze

players 4 players

coin counters two counters

powerup test off

country usa

Stocker

no dips that effect anything

outrun

coin a 1c/1c

coin b 1c/1c

cabinet miniup

demo sounds on

unknown off

time adj normal

difficulty normal

coin a 1c/1c

cabinet upright

bonus life 20k 80k 80k+

lives 2

coin b 1c/1c

service mode off

flip screen off

difficulty normal

screen stop off

bells and whistles f2 to check settings

free play no

coin1 1c/1p

coin2 1c/1p

1 credit 3 ships

difficulty normal

demo sounds on

sound monaural

monitor normal

• Like 3

As much as I like the idea of a Knockout tournament (it's like March Madness ... but with arcade games!), I voted for the Mission style tournament. That just sounds quirky and cool, and very different from the tournaments I've seen hosted in the past. It would be fun to see what the missions were!

I also like the Mission Style Tournament....

It would be nice though if these mission challenges will not force us to record our game sessions ;) I'd love to hear what kind of challenges you have in mind if you'd decide to start a Mission Style Tournament :)

These tournaments are awesome. The scope, organization, level of participation, and talent in the two tourneys I've played in so far (shoot-em-up, IGBOTY) are unlike anything I've ever been a part of in this hobby. Looking forward to see future competitions, and keeping retro gaming alive and well.

My vote here is for another IGBOTY-style thing. My problem with something like the missions is that nothing I achieve there has any importance (to me) outside of that tournament. On the other hand, if I work really hard on a specific game that is in the tournament, any score I achieve can be recorded and kept for my own list of personal bests.

These tournaments are awesome. The scope, organization, level of participation, and talent in the two tourneys I've played in so far (shoot-em-up, IGBOTY) are unlike anything I've ever been a part of in this hobby. Looking forward to see future competitions, and keeping retro gaming alive and well.

My vote here is for another IGBOTY-style thing. My problem with something like the missions is that nothing I achieve there has any importance (to me) outside of that tournament. On the other hand, if I work really hard on a specific game that is in the tournament, any score I achieve can be recorded and kept for my own list of personal bests.

Reading your reply I agree with another IGBY or Knockout tournament. I've changed my vote :)

Thanks Cynicaster !

I just thought of something... in the voting process for determining the games, have you ever considered implementing an "anti-vote" or "vote down" feature? Let me explain...

I think there tends to be certain games that are pretty much guaranteed to make the cut, which makes the vote-counting just a formality. In this tournament, for example, rather than make it 12 top-voted games, you might as well just cut to the chase and say "Ok, Donkey Kong and Galaga are in, now everybody vote on the 10 others."

There might be, say, 10 people who would vote for DK without even thinking about it. With thousands of games available in MAME, 10 votes for a single title is a lot. At the same time, there may be 30 people hoping against hope that DK doesn't make it. A "down vote" would give those players a chance to vote against certain games they're tired of seeing or don't want to see, thereby allowing other games to bubble up to the surface and be part of the competition.

One way this could be implemented would be to give each player 5 votes total, with each up-vote or down-vote counting against that 5. So, in theory, a player who favors more obscure games could use all 5 of their votes to vote against games they don't like, rather than wasting their votes on games that nobody else is going to vote for because the games are too unknown.

I'll be totally happy if we go with the rules as they're written, but this occurred to me, so I thought I'd put it out there for consideration.

(PS--for the record, I enjoy DK. But, I can imagine there have to be lots of gamers out there who are sick to death of it and have no chance at it because they don't have hundreds of hours of practice invested before the tourney even starts).

• Like 1

/signed

I just thought of something... in the voting process for determining the games, have you ever considered implementing an "anti-vote" or "vote down" feature? Let me explain...

I think there tends to be certain games that are pretty much guaranteed to make the cut, which makes the vote-counting just a formality. In this tournament, for example, rather than make it 12 top-voted games, you might as well just cut to the chase and say "Ok, Donkey Kong and Galaga are in, now everybody vote on the 10 others."

There might be, say, 10 people who would vote for DK without even thinking about it. With thousands of games available in MAME, 10 votes for a single title is a lot. At the same time, there may be 30 people hoping against hope that DK doesn't make it. A "down vote" would give those players a chance to vote against certain games they're tired of seeing or don't want to see, thereby allowing other games to bubble up to the surface and be part of the competition.

One way this could be implemented would be to give each player 5 votes total, with each up-vote or down-vote counting against that 5. So, in theory, a player who favors more obscure games could use all 5 of their votes to vote against games they don't like, rather than wasting their votes on games that nobody else is going to vote for because the games are too unknown.

I'll be totally happy if we go with the rules as they're written, but this occurred to me, so I thought I'd put it out there for consideration.

(PS--for the record, I enjoy DK. But, I can imagine there have to be lots of gamers out there who are sick to death of it and have no chance at it because they don't have hundreds of hours of practice invested before the tourney even starts).

I think Cynicaster has a great point here! As mentioned, most of the time in these kinds of one-way polls they are very predictable. Using the DK example i would be in the No-vote. I have no problem with it being one of the most popular arcade titles of all time, but it does get a bit tedious seeing it come up trumps time and time again. It's great for you fans, but for me personally it ain't my cup of tea. I played it twice as a kid, then once more when it got into our comp (25+ years later) - just to make sure the reasons i disliked it as a kid still stood. Yes they did :P A "No Vote" poll could really swing things in a different, fresh direction. Maybe :)

EDIT - *ninja'd* that's a shame. Could have made things interesting. How about a rule that any title in the Team IGBOTY is disallowed? :P

/signed

I think Cynicaster has a great point here! As mentioned, most of the time in these kinds of one-way polls they are very predictable. Using the DK example i would be in the No-vote. I have no problem with it being one of the most popular arcade titles of all time, but it does get a bit tedious seeing it come up trumps time and time again. It's great for you fans, but for me personally it ain't my cup of tea. I played it twice as a kid, then once more when it got into our comp (25+ years later) - just to make sure the reasons i disliked it as a kid still stood. Yes they did :P A "No Vote" poll could really swing things in a different, fresh direction. Maybe :)

EDIT - *ninja'd* that's a shame. Could have made things interesting. How about a rule that any title in the Team IGBOTY is disallowed? :P

I always hate seeing DK, Pacman and Galaga. I never really cared about these games. But, like most times these games come up, i just don't play them.

• Like 1

I always hate seeing DK, Pacman and Galaga. I never really cared about these games. But, like most times these games come up, i just don't play them.

Yeah... I mean, I think they're great games, but sometimes they kind of feel like that song on the radio that may be good, but you've heard it 600,000 times, and just want to hear something else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...