All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[ANNC] Forum changes, Member Groups & Uploads

As you may be aware, the forum is currently receiving an overhaul in prep for Evolution and GameEx Online. Among the changes are the new Member Groups of which you should have already been automagically placed. If you have purchased any type of GameEx license and it is still active, yet you are a Basic Member it would be wise to read Forum and Registration Updates to see what you can do about it. Likewise all Basic Member's should take a look to find out how you can upgrade your Member Status.

Why?
Basic Member's now have limited upload space (15mb) which will affect you guys more than most as we will still require a screenshot to prove your hi-scores. If you receive an "uploading is not allowed" message when trying to upload your screenshot you have likely reached your limit. To remedy this you can do the following:

• Purchase something from the Store. A One Year Online Pass costs less than 2 pints of beer down my local! You get a lot of bang for your buck, you'll make your life easier and in the long run ensure our comp continues to thrive and expand.
  • Use a third party cloud/image hosting service.
  • Get used to managing your uploads efficiently.

Managing Your Uploads
If you have reached your limit you will need to delete some of your uploads to create some space. Don't worry, you won't have to trawl through all your posts to find them! There is an easier way. Click on your account in the top-right of the forum, choose My Settings:

settings_zps840e9360.jpg

On the resulting screen open Manage Attachments. Now you can see all your uploads in a convenient list in order of date uploaded (newest first). Just select the pics you wish to delete using the check boxes on the right, then hit the Delete Selected button at the bottom of the page. We recommend you delete the oldest and work backwards but be assured, if your score has already been accepted it is in the system and will not be affected by deleting the associated screenshot.

Third Party Hosting Services
Posting a screenshot using a third party service is actually quite easy. Just click the small Image icon ( forum_image_zpsf7f616ef.png ) in the post editor and paste the URL of the image into the box (use Direct Link or similar if you get a choice). That's all there is to it!

Some suggestions:
Photobucket
Dropbox

If you know of any other reliable image hosting services feel free to let us know and we'll add them to the list.

Thank you for your understanding,
~HS Team

• Like 3