All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Tetris: The Grand Master

August 2014 GOTM Winner: Rtkiii - 19,009 (link)

Tetris: The Grand Master
Tetris: The Grand Master Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 Luigimaker 21,279 Luigimaker's Hi-Score Entry
2 rtkiii 19,009 rtkiii's Hi-Score Entry
3 Floyd Turbo 14,448 Floyd Turbo's Hi-Score Entry
4 Yung-Jedi 12,470 Yung-Jedi's Hi-Score Entry
5 ExedExes 10,560 ExedExes's Hi-Score Entry
6 greatstone 7,435 greatstone's Hi-Score Entry
7 Mame Offender 4,511 Mame Offender's Hi-Score Entry
8 GeorgeT 3,688 GeorgeT's Hi-Score Entry
9 millerbrad 3,409 millerbrad's Hi-Score Entry
10 GimmeClassics 3,027 GimmeClassics's Hi-Score Entry
Last Updated by hansolo77: 08-09-2018

plus10.jpg

1. DazzleHP - 2,267 (link)
  2. wolfman24 - 2,211 (link)
  3. GimmeClassics - 2,159 (link)
  4. Fallout_002 - 1,738 (link)

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for Tetris: The Grand Master:

ROMSet: tgmj
Freeze: OFF
Service Mode: OFF
Unknown: OFF
Unknown: OFF
Special Rules: If you get to the credits, you do not necessarily have to continue playing through them, but doing so will enable you to acquire Grandmaster Ranking upon successful completion.

The green coloured default values match the Twin Galaxies settings.
The red coloured values need to be changed!

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide > link
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide > link
# general rules for submitting you hi-score > link
# the above settings are the default Twin Galaxies settings > pending

• Like 1

It seems for me that the learning curve will be slow for this game.

At least, I was happy to go after level 200, wich some Tetris in the middle, where the speed go down significantly and allow to recover from a lot of errors :)

Here is my current attempt:

• romset: tgmj
  • dipswitches: freeze = off, service mode = off, unknown = off, unknown = off
  • name: GreatStone (GTN)
  • score: 7435

G.

post-18829-0-41046900-1407053885_thumb.p

It seems for me that the learning curve will be slow for this game.

At least, I was happy to go after level 200, wich some Tetris in the middle, where the speed go down significantly and allow to recover from a lot of errors :)

Here is my current attempt:

• romset: tgmj
  • dipswitches: freeze = off, service mode = off, unknown = off, unknown = off
  • name: GreatStone (GTN)
  • score: 7435

G.

Nice score greatstone ! You've some true puzzler skills :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

Wow...just when you think you are doing great the speed goes nuts!!! Then it slows...then goes nuts again. Wow...never played this style of Tetris before.

I doubt this will hold up long but I am happy to see I have a score higher than George, for now :)

post-11179-0-14535300-1407156890_thumb.j

Wow...just when you think you are doing great the speed goes nuts!!! Then it slows...then goes nuts again. Wow...never played this style of Tetris before.

I doubt this will hold up long but I am happy to see I have a score higher than George, for now :)

1st place! nice one B)

*Updated OP, DB, RSS.

Nice score indeed :) I think this GOTM is going to be a lot of fun ^_^

Updated LB

Get those "Tetris - lines of 4" That is where the money scores are. And I think the higher your "Grade" is the more points you get per tetris.

Like if I get a tetris right at the beginning I get 700 points but somehow I got one when it was flying and got like 2k

• Like 1

Next slowdown seems to be unreachable... http://tetrisconcept.net/wiki/images/b/b0/Mastercurvecg4.png

And congrats for your score, rtkiii! I have hoping to beat your 7k6, but the last one is really impressive.

G.

Holy <insert profanity>!!! So basically if you can't handle the speed @ 190 you may as well play Sudoku or something :o

• Like 1

I played this another two hours throughout the day yesterday and I always seem to drop around the same place...I'm not sure I can go any further. What a frustrating point :)

Anybody having trouble launching this game from GameEx? Everytime I try, MAME crashes and I go back to GameEx. If I try to load the game straight up from MAME, it crashes MAME about 80% of the time, other times it works great.

Tetris the Grand Master? Well don't consider me one! I haven't played this in years!

I'm just glad I was able to run this one on my newer hardware. It uses the ZN-2 arcade system which is PlayStation based, so I'm guessing this game did eventually get a PS1 release. But it also won't run well on slower machines.

Interesting to note how someone who doesn't get a top spot in many games has it here so far. This just might be your month, but of course I'll put a good effort in.

After a few plays and getting used to the scoring, I was happy to make it past level 200 for the first time here.

ExedExes - 10,560

post-25936-0-47736400-1407557300_thumb.p